Sign in to follow this  
punkie569

Help!!! When does the sun set?

I'm really hoping any brides that have either just gotten married or will be getting married in the next few weeks can help me out. I am getting married on Nov. 10th/2010 and I really wanted our ceremony to be later in the day so we could have sunset pictures. I had the option of 3pm or 4pm for our ceremony. I was told that the sun sets at 5pm at this time of year so I picked 4pm thinking we'd have a short ceremony and also on the advice of our TA. Our WC has said that our ceremony will run until 4:30 and now I'm worried that we won't have enough light for most of our pictures. FH is dead set against doing pictures before the ceremony since he thinks it'll be bad luck to see me beforehand.

We will only have the photographer for 2 1/2 hours and we can't afford to have them any longer. So should I see if I can change my ceremony time to 3pm and possibly miss out on sunset pictures or should I keep it as is because we will have enough time? I really appreciate any feedback on this. Thanks!

I think you should move it up. There's a review of a Dreams wedding in Nov and she said most of her shots ended up being in the dark b/c the sun started setting around 5!!! It's better to have mostly daylight shots b/c you will be able to see the beautiful colors of the ocean. I'll see if I can find the review for you. BTW, we just moved our time up b/c it made me really nervous (getting married in Sept). Good luck!!

Found it

Samantha's 11.20.08 Dreams Cancun Wedding Review w/ Pics

The pic of them walking back up the aisle after the wedding scared me b/c she says it's around 4:30!! We were going to get married at 5:30 in Sept, but I decided to change it to 4 to be safe.

Here is a site I found while i was picking my date... Just select your month and year at the top and you can get the exact sunset time for your wedding date. It looks like sunset on your date is at 5:07 PM. November 10 is after Daylight Savings Time ends, which is why sunset is so early. You should probably consider having your ceremony at 3 if you don't want to feel rushed. Good luck!

Sunrise and Sunset for Mexico

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwilke5 View Post
Here is a site I found while i was picking my date... Just select your month and year at the top and you can get the exact sunset time for your wedding date. It looks like sunset on your date is at 5:07 PM. November 10 is after Daylight Savings Time ends, which is why sunset is so early. You should probably consider having your ceremony at 3 if you don't want to feel rushed. Good luck!

Sunrise and Sunset for Mexico
This is a great tool - Thanks :)

Honestly, I would move it up. I just returned from photographing a wedding in Riviera Maya and it was definitely dusk by 5pm. As in, need to use a flash or be in a very well lit area dusk. 5:30 it was black out. So I would see if you could move up your ceremony. Especially if you have any amount of guests coming. Because your ceremony will go until 4:30, and then your guests will want to give you hugs and congratulations. Then you'll have to do formals, and you won't have any time at all for portraits with your new husband.

Also... the sunset in the riviera maya is NOT along the coast, so sunset pictures aren't really an option anways.

I knew I could count on you lovely ladies for some help. Thank you so much for the feedback. I really appreciate it. I will ask my WC now if we can switch it to 3pm instead. Thanks again!!!!!!