Photo

Itinerary

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 Girasole

Girasole
  • 757 posts

Posted 12 November 2009 - 04:38 PM

Has anyone done an itinerary of events for your guest to participate in if they decide to? If so, what type of events have you put on this?

Thanks!
    Chrissy & Jeremiah's Blog with Pictures...

http://www.brilliant....island-escape/

#2 Danyelle

Danyelle
    • 368 posts

Posted 12 November 2009 - 10:02 PM

Since I doubt we'll have a full reception, (just dinner and later dancing at the disco) I am hoping to find a great catamaran / snorkel trip to offer guests.

#3 *Meagan*

*Meagan*
      • 5,521 posts

Posted 12 November 2009 - 10:57 PM

Maybe schedule a trip for snorkeling, catamaran, or even just a game of beach volleyball. I wouldnt go to crazy with scheduling.I think your best bet would be to maybe schedule one activity that your guests can or can not partake in. This way they get the best of both worlds a vacation and to celebrate your special day with you! Hope that helps!

#4 Patti

Patti
        • 555 posts

Posted 12 November 2009 - 11:00 PM

There will only be 13 of us and our guests are not arriving until the day before the wedding. We're having a welcome dinner the night they arrive. They are on their own the day of the wedding - probably pool time or sight seeing. We're considering a snorkeling excursion the day after the wedding, if they are interested. They go home the next day.

#5 SuperKate

SuperKate
          • 752 posts

Posted 12 November 2009 - 11:39 PM

I think a couple events are a good idea but this is also a vacation for guests so I think it is important that they feel free to enjoy themselves as they see fit.

#6 Girasole

Girasole
            • 757 posts

Posted 20 November 2009 - 10:38 AM

The guys are doing a golf or fishing trip the day before the wedding & the girls are planning to do a shopping trip or spa day. We also thought beach volleyball & wine tasting would be fun

#7 Tilly in the Sun

Tilly in the Sun
              • 450 posts

Posted 20 November 2009 - 11:55 AM

We are doing an open invite for a catamaran trip for anyone who would like to join us. And the guys are planning a deep sea fishing trip as well, so the girls will just relax or maybe have a spa day. We're trying to have open invites to anything other than the wedding, so if people just want to relax and veg they don't feel obligated.

#8 Bunny121009

Bunny121009
                • 83 posts

Posted 20 November 2009 - 12:16 PM

There will only be 15 of us (I believe, possibly only a few more than that) and our guests are also not arriving until the day before the wedding. We may have a welcome dinner and give out OOT bags at the same time. However, FI and I have already discussed that we don't wish to play "Camp Counselor" on our Weddingmoon or be tied down to our guests and vice versa our guests tied down to us. We're open to doing a couple/ few things/excursions together but its their vacation too so they will be on their own for the most part and free to do as they please. Besides, our wedding is on a Thursday, all of the guests (minus 2) will be flying in on that Wednesday, and will leave that Saturday.

#9 hat0112

hat0112
                  • 1,219 posts

Posted 20 November 2009 - 12:29 PM

We are only having about 12 people or so and they aren't arriving until the day before. We are going to have welcome "cocktails" (I got that idea from a member off this site) and a welcome dinner later if people want to come. I don't want to see my guests the day after our wedding so we aren't planning anything.
                    Wedding 10/22/10 Westin Aruba

I love being a Mrs.!

#10 Girasole

Girasole
                    • 757 posts

Posted 20 November 2009 - 02:41 PM

I agree, I don't want to play camp counselor either. I am so excited just to have a relaxing vacation ha!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users