Photo

Not enough people for a Beach reception..

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 MeganMarie

MeganMarie
  • 23 posts

Posted 08 November 2009 - 09:21 PM

We only have 12 people coming and dont have enough people for a private reception and i was wonder if anyone had this issue and what you did.

#2 Krista_H

Krista_H
    • 428 posts

Posted 08 November 2009 - 10:21 PM

Our resort offers a reception for $30/person. I think that is crazy considering it is an all-inclusive resort. I'm going to ask them to rope off a section of one of the restuarants so that we can make sure we all eat together.

#3 Islandbride2b

Islandbride2b
      • 198 posts

Posted 09 November 2009 - 03:15 AM

we are running into that at least so far, as far as numbers. I didnt want to pay for a reception to begin with, because the resort is all inclusive; I dont think we should have to pay extra.. so with that being said, we are just going to let them know ahead of time that we have a semi large group who all would like to eat together and just have them set up the tables together or have us all very close to another. I really think that this will be fine. Good luck to you!

#4 hat0112

hat0112
        • 1,219 posts

Posted 09 November 2009 - 11:48 AM

I am only having a small group also. We are inviting everyone, but less than 20 are coming. We are at an all inclusive resort in Aruba and we are going to have the reception in one of the restaurants. We are also going to try and go out to a place that night for dancing and drinks after we eat so we can still celebrate without having a private reception.
          Wedding 10/22/10 Westin Aruba

I love being a Mrs.!

#5 sarafish81

sarafish81
          • 353 posts

Posted 09 November 2009 - 01:08 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by MeganMarie
            We only have 12 people coming and dont have enough people for a private reception and i was wonder if anyone had this issue and what you did.
            MeganMarie, we only had 15 people total and were able to have a private beach reception. I don't think that should be a problem, unless someone else is getting married the same day as you and has requested the beach bbq. If you are planning a reception in one of the restaurants, your other option is to ask Yaly about sectioning off an area in the restaurant just for you and your guests. I know that they have done that for other weddings. That makes it a little more of a private affair.

#6 MeganMarie

MeganMarie
            • 23 posts

Posted 09 November 2009 - 04:40 PM

Thank you! I think that i will get a section of the restaurant roped off. I am so excited its less then a month away!

#7 Dmitri_Markine

Dmitri_Markine
              • Vendor
              • 2,782 posts

Posted 12 November 2009 - 12:21 PM

I am sure they can just give you a small section in a restaurant or patio. I've seen them done this before.

#8 Amarillis

Amarillis
                • 1,913 posts

Posted 12 November 2009 - 12:35 PM

I only have one piece of advice. Remember to TIP -- this can be the encouragement that is needed to make your day perfect. Money talks.

#9 MeganMarie

MeganMarie
                  • 23 posts

Posted 12 November 2009 - 01:20 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Amarillis
                    I only have one piece of advice. Remember to TIP -- this can be the encouragement that is needed to make your day perfect. Money talks.
                    Thank you very much for the advise.. i will remember this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users