So excited! Have to share!

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 BlissfulMsMiranda

BlissfulMsMiranda
  • 512 posts

Posted 03 November 2009 - 08:00 PM

OMG

I'm going to AFRICA in 2 weeks on a press trip and hubby gets to come with as my photographer!!!!!!!!

I've never been to Africa and I never thought in a million years that I would see that continent in my lifetime!! We're going to be in Kenya, mainly Nairobi doing various adventure tour safaris and living in luxury tents ... it's for 8 days and I am OVER THE MOON that my husband can come with ... I'm always the one jetting off to various press events without him and I always feel so bad ... finally he gets to experience something with me!!!

#2 vlynnw

vlynnw
    • 6,003 posts

Posted 03 November 2009 - 08:06 PM

Ponguezi! (congrats in Swahili) That is so exciting. You are going to fall in love, I spent a month in Tanzania a couple of years ago and it was the absolutely best experience I have ever had. Safaris are so amazing, and I highly highly suggest making sure that you visit one of the Massai camps.
      Veronica & Adam - May 6, 2011 - Dreams Tulum

#3 BlissfulMsMiranda

BlissfulMsMiranda
      • 512 posts

Posted 03 November 2009 - 08:10 PM

Actually, the tour is to follow in the footsteps of the Maasai ... so I'll be visiting a camp for sure! :) We actually get to do a walking tour guided by Maasai and Samburu guides ... it's going to be truly phenomenal.

#4 vlynnw

vlynnw
        • 6,003 posts

Posted 03 November 2009 - 08:11 PM

They are amazing people, just remember to not go overboard though when they start trying to sell all their jewelry to you!
          Veronica & Adam - May 6, 2011 - Dreams Tulum

#5 shellk

shellk
          • 1,784 posts

Posted 03 November 2009 - 08:13 PM

that sounds great i cant imagine how good it will be.have fun the 2 of you

#6 jenninjamaica

jenninjamaica
            • 547 posts

Posted 03 November 2009 - 09:56 PM

Wow I am soooo jealous!!!!!
              *~*JENN*~*

#7 Geralyn

Geralyn
              • 2,677 posts

Posted 03 November 2009 - 10:05 PM

That is soooo awesome!!! S and I are dying to go to Africa...prob next year. Can't wait to hear all about your trip!!

#8 Patti

Patti
                • 555 posts

Posted 03 November 2009 - 10:22 PM

Congratulations!! How exciting!! I'm so happy for you and your hubby. Have fun!!

#9 KarenM

KarenM
                  • 1,920 posts

Posted 03 November 2009 - 10:53 PM

Wow Miranda, that's amazing! And how great your hubby gets to go too!
                    I would absolutely love to make it there some day. My mom's actually going to Malawi in a couple weeks for work. She works through the college of nursing in AIDS outreach/prevention in the community & research and usually goes yearly.
                    Such an awe-inspiring, beautiful, place to see - make sure to take lots of pics!

#10 bholthof

bholthof
                    • Banned
                    • 323 posts

Posted 04 November 2009 - 11:42 AM

Congrats!!! Kenya is amazing - I spent two months in Nairobi about 4 years ago, and I am dying to go back!!

Try to learn a little swahili before you go - they love it when you try to speak it to them!
                      21 people + Bride & Groom booked!!

http://tickers.Ticke....8e20/event.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users