Jump to content
kerrij

Any Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Brides out there?

Recommended Posts

Thanks guys!!  Mekanbar, no dumb questions!  But yes we danced in the gazebo.  we had 50 guests and most people were dancing.  It doesn't look super huge in the pictures but once you get a ton of people in there you'll see that it is plenty big enough! even if you had a 100 guests, not everyone will dance all the time...it's basically the size of a regular wedding dance floor...I'll post a pic of us dancing...ok it's below.... see there are about 20 of us girls dancing to this song and look at how much room there is still! and there is another level a step down (where at the ceremony we had our parents sit) where my BM is in yellow, it is about 5-7 ft wide all the way around, so perfect for the non-dancers to hang out. we even brought some chairs up for people to sit and chat on that 2nd level and as well as down where the chairs are at the ceremony lots of people mingled there and that is where the bar was too.

Unfortunately the sand down by the gazebo is very coarse and you wouldn't want to dance on it...i was excited for dancing barefoot in the sand and was so diappointed when i found out it wouldn't happen, but the gazebo worked out even BETTER!! and was perfect for the bouquet and garter toss!

There are lights down there, in the gazebo and down the walk way (see in pic above of walk way a couple light stands, def gives off enough light so you can see where you are walking. lol

 

StephAli when is your wedding date?!  it's going to be here before we both know it!!  I would talk to Beverly about blue flowers, i'm sure she can get them for you! she'll do whatever you want, seriously!

McCrady-7770.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

kerrij - thanks so much for posting your pics!!!  we're also not planning on taking any decorations (im sort of a lazy bride to be...lol) so its great to hear that everything is beautiful without.  and your bouquet was gorgeous!!

 

StephAli - what day is your wedding??  I think we'll be there at the same time!!! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Okay weirdest thing just happened.  I was looking on Expedia yesterday to see package prices to see if we really are getting a group rate (from the looks of it, we're not even though out TA keeps insisting we ARE, depiste me being able to buy it online cheaper)  anyways....

 

expedia last night showed the hotel as 3 1/2 stars and the prices were about $50 cheaper then we paid.  Now today its $200 MORE and they raised the star level to 5 stars now.  I feel like I am going crazy!  Stupid expedia.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We are getting married November 24th! We will be there the 20-27! I can't wait! 

I will send Beverly yet another email :D to ask her about the flowers!

Did you fax your forms/information package in or were you able to email them??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I never faxed anything in...am I supposed to? My TA made all of the arrangements for us as she is a destination wedding specialist, hmm maybe I should ask her about this form - what is on it?

 

Originally Posted by StephAli View Post

We are getting married November 24th! We will be there the 20-27! I can't wait! 

I will send Beverly yet another email :D to ask her about the flowers!

Did you fax your forms/information package in or were you able to email them??



Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I didn't fax it in, I scanned it and emailed it to her!  she says that she doesn't charge you until your room is 100% paid for.  other then that the only thing she needs is a long form birth certificate 30 days before the wedding and you're DONE!!  

its so frustrating beacuse Ih ave to ask her for things like 3 times before she gets it.  I still ahven't seen the flower samples she was supposed to send, it took 2 months to get the photographer packages etc.  So I guess I'll just pick when I get there, who cares is the best way to go into this, hahaha. 

 

StephAli - That makes me feel so much better!  I ahven't seen this supposed group discount, and every time I ask her what it is, she won't give me an answer, she ignores the question or says she'll get back to me, so I"m thinking there isn't a group discount!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


 

Originally Posted by katelynn View Post

I never faxed anything in...am I supposed to? My TA made all of the arrangements for us as she is a destination wedding specialist, hmm maybe I should ask her about this form - what is on it?

 


 

Beverly sent me an email with all the wedding packages and then info forms. ie. names, parents names, date, what music you want played (walking down, first dance, etc.), a bunch of other details things....
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

Originally Posted by akua420 View Post

 

I didn't fax it in, I scanned it and emailed it to her!  she says that she doesn't charge you until your room is 100% paid for.  other then that the only thing she needs is a long form birth certificate 30 days before the wedding and you're DONE!!  

its so frustrating beacuse Ih ave to ask her for things like 3 times before she gets it.  I still ahven't seen the flower samples she was supposed to send, it took 2 months to get the photographer packages etc.  So I guess I'll just pick when I get there, who cares is the best way to go into this, hahaha. 

 

StephAli - That makes me feel so much better!  I ahven't seen this supposed group discount, and every time I ask her what it is, she won't give me an answer, she ignores the question or says she'll get back to me, so I"m thinking there isn't a group discount!!!

 

mmmmm.....what is a long form birth certificate?!? oh no! I was just gonna scan my birth certificate!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

Originally Posted by StephAli View Post

 

 

 

 

mmmmm.....what is a long form birth certificate?!? oh no! I was just gonna scan my birth certificate!!!

I had to order one.  Its a birth certificate with both your father and mothers name on it, they normally only give the short form with just the birth information.  And even on the form you need a valid reason to request it or they won't give it to you, well on the Sk and Ab forms you have to put down a reason.    It takes about a month to get it (well in Ab, Sk), and Bev needs a copy 30 days before the wedding. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



×
×
  • Create New...