Photo

Any Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Brides out there?

• Please log in to reply
5571 replies to this topic

#4461 JayKay

JayKay
  • 3,472 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 13, 2012
  • Wedding Location:Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Jamaica
  • LocationSouthern Alberta

Posted 03 April 2013 - 12:07 PM

We tipped our photographer, Merrick Cousley.  We tipped him $50 and gave it to him after our dinner right before he was leaving.  We were so happy with his service so we felt it was a fair tip.

Originally Posted by kailz23 

Hi there, wondering if anyone tipped the photographer for the day? I am going to use the resort photographer and am wondering what would be a good gift of appreciation?

two weeks away and getting excited. Ill write a full review when I get back from the trip.

Thanks

#4462 CdnBrideJoanne

CdnBrideJoanne
  • 145 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 04:18 PM

I spoke with the Entertainment Manager and the GBPJ doesn't do the Tuesday night beach parties anymore.  Said they stopped it about 2 years ago.  I told him he should start it back up!

#4463 MrsViolo

MrsViolo
    • 117 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 05:32 PM

has anyone used the steel drum band for their wedding.

We would like them to play as I'm walking down the aisle and right after the ceremony we'll have our first dance song with them playing.

I asked the wedding planner about songs they can play and she told me they can play any song and that she would pass on a list of songs i send her to the band...

ummm that doesn't seem right... a steel drum band actually able to play ANY song?

#4464 acw271011

acw271011
      • Moderators
      • 3,128 posts
      • Wedding Date:October 20, 2011
      • Wedding Location:We tied the knot in Runaway Bay, Jamaica and renewed our vows in Mexico on our 4th Anniversary
      • LocationToronto Area

Posted 04 April 2013 - 09:33 AM

Originally Posted by leannesmith 

Quote:
      Originally Posted by EmTy23 

Is Jan Flowers cheaper than Tai Flora?
      [/quote

Yes it is cheaper They have website where u can send an Email requesting a quote. I wil get the email and post later today if u can't find it

Hi,

Just thought I would chip in a comment.... I went through this whole thread when we first started planning our wedding, and from everything that was done and our own flowers, I never found there was a great price difference between Tai and Jan's. it seems more a matter of preference and what you're looking for. balanced out, they both seem to work out to be about the same.

I said "yes" again to the love of my life at Grand Coral Beach Club, Playa del Carmen, Mexico on our 4th anniversary - October 20, 2015

http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/topic/78874-acw271011-so-this-is-not-a-planning-thread-but/

event.png

#4465 acw271011

acw271011
      • Moderators
      • 3,128 posts
      • Wedding Location:We tied the knot in Runaway Bay, Jamaica and renewed our vows in Mexico on our 4th Anniversary
      • LocationToronto Area

Posted 04 April 2013 - 09:35 AM

Originally Posted by diana2409 

Hi girls!
      Does anyone know where I can find Rashel contact info for hair & makeup?

And any recommendations for videographer over there?

We used a Jamaican by the name of Roxroy Gough. he did the video for another past bride on this thread and it was gorgeous! his prices are very reasonable and we really liked him. I can pass on the contact info if you like. I think back in 2011 he charged us about $400 and he was there the whole day

I said "yes" again to the love of my life at Grand Coral Beach Club, Playa del Carmen, Mexico on our 4th anniversary - October 20, 2015

http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/topic/78874-acw271011-so-this-is-not-a-planning-thread-but/

event.png

#4466 acw271011

acw271011
      • Moderators
      • 3,128 posts
      • LocationToronto Area

Posted 04 April 2013 - 09:47 AM

Originally Posted by MrsViolo 

has anyone used the steel drum band for their wedding.

We would like them to play as I'm walking down the aisle and right after the ceremony we'll have our first dance song with them playing.

I asked the wedding planner about songs they can play and she told me they can play any song and that she would pass on a list of songs i send her to the band...

ummm that doesn't seem right... a steel drum band actually able to play ANY song?

there are quite a few past brides that have used the steel drum band and been very happy with how they played.

I don't know if this helps anyone out or not, but we found a site by a man in Florida and he does ALL the traditional wedding music on steel drum and sells it for $6. that's what we did and put it onto a CD and they played it. it was wonderful and exactly what I wanted.  The sound quality is GREAT!!!! and it's a long way from paying $800. I tried to attach a sample here but it won't support uploading an mp3 file. if anyone wants to PM me I can email a sample that way. and like I said, he has all of the standard wedding stuff and in steel band, it sounds beautiful!!

event.png

#4467 TriciaF

TriciaF
      • 3 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 11:23 AM

Hi,

I am booking to be married there in July next year so hopefully you will have good reports! Excited :)

Attached Files

#4468 TriciaF

TriciaF
        • 3 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 11:30 AM

Hi i am marrying in gbp july 14. It will just be me, my fiance and our son. Has anyone else had party this smalk? Thanks

#4469 EmTy23

EmTy23
          • 30 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 11:47 AM

Originally Posted by CdnBrideJoanne 

I spoke with the Entertainment Manager and the GBPJ doesn't do the Tuesday night beach parties anymore.  Said they stopped it about 2 years ago.  I told him he should start it back up!

That would have been awesome to have that for your guests.

I just noticed we are getting married the same week!!

#4470 CdnBrideJoanne

CdnBrideJoanne
            • 145 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by EmTy23 

That would have been awesome to have that for your guests.

I just noticed we are getting married the same week!!

Ya, I'm getting married at a dreaded 12pm wedding on the 10th.  What time is your wedding?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users