Photo

Any Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Brides out there?

• Please log in to reply
5571 replies to this topic

#3831 Kristo

Kristo
  • 68 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 04:14 AM

Have a great time at Gran Bahia, part deux!!   We're thinking of going back in May for our anniversary as well!!!!

Originally Posted by acw271011 

hi to all the brides to be that are here and a hello again to the two veterans that I see. Jayne and Krista hope married life is going well for you guys. I lurk here every once in a while and catch up. I'm in the same boat as exquisite02. I don't get regular updates anymore either so when I do have a minute to check things out there are usually several pages to look through.

our one year anniversary is coming up in just about 3 weeks - October 20th. can't believe it's a year already! the time has just flown by!  we've had some unusual things that have happened to us over the last 11 months so believe it or not we're thinking about a vow renewal already! possibly in 2014 if certain things go ok. we'll have to see what the next year brings for us.

#3832 Kristo

Kristo
    • 68 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 04:15 AM

We had tealights as part of our centrepieces.. they were flameless ones though.

Originally Posted by Emi-Lou 

Hello!  Does anyone know whether they allow candles/tea lights on the tables for the meal?

#3833 kdaly

kdaly
      • 22 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 09:19 AM

Hello Brides,

I am having the hardest time finding a destination wedding dress....I want something that I won't be sweating in, simple yet elegant...does anyone have any ideas on where to look?

#3834 JayKay

JayKay
        • 3,472 posts
        • Wedding Date:January 13, 2012
        • Wedding Location:Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Jamaica
        • LocationSouthern Alberta

Posted 03 October 2012 - 12:09 PM

Try looking at bridesmaid dress section of wedding stores.  Usually those dresses are more simple and usually most come in white.

Originally Posted by kdaly 

Hello Brides,

I am having the hardest time finding a destination wedding dress....I want something that I won't be sweating in, simple yet elegant...does anyone have any ideas on where to look?

#3835 belledame

belledame
        • 195 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 04:06 PM

Hi, David's Bridal has a few elegant dresses, that can be used for a destination wedding.

#3836 FutureKeese22

FutureKeese22
          • 86 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 04:08 PM

Hi ladies! I am looking for a videographer for my wedding. Has anyone used anybody in Jamaica and if you have can you please post the video or the link? And if you have names of videographers and prices that would be awesome! Thank you so much!

#3837 leannesmith

leannesmith
            • 63 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 01:53 PM

thanks for the information!!  i would take a copy of the book you have....that would be great.

I am getting married at GBP in Sept 2013.  a little nervous about decor cause i am a bit of an OCD freak...but i am sure everything will work out.

#3838 leannesmith

leannesmith
              • 63 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 02:00 PM

Has anyone had a reception at the Picus outside?  i have requested that location...just wondering how it is?

#3839 pask454

pask454
                • 75 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 11:18 AM

Hello! Past brides, this one may be for you! Im just filling out the paper work to send to the resort 2 months prior. Noticed that it says "notarized copies are required" just wondering what this means -- I realize it is a lawyer...but just wondering what exactly needs to be signed, etc.

Thanks!

#3840 SarahJ

SarahJ
                  • 92 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 05:58 AM

I also wanted something lightweight and easy to travel with etc but I also didnt want to compromise on a proper wedding dress...i'm in the UK and on my first visit to the wedding dress shop I found the perfect dress for me...its chiffon so really lightweight and I can move freely in it and don't feel restricted in anyway..I tried on several other dresses all satin and proper wedding dress material (if that makes sense) and found them all far too heavy for me and I just knew I'd be uncomfortable trying to hoist the dress all day in the heat that we may experience in Jamaica. So I highly recommend going for a chiffon dress (these are designed especially for beach weddings), Mine is beautiful, sparkly and elegant and has a train and everything you would see on a normal wedding dress. I hope you find your perfect dress x

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users