Jump to content

Photo

Any Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Brides out there?


  • Please log in to reply
5571 replies to this topic

#3641 AngelaCollins

AngelaCollins
  • Newbie
  • 13 posts

    Posted 11 May 2012 - 07:13 PM

    We had to pay for the chair ties ($2.50 per tie) in cash prior to the wedding. That was the only thing that we needed cash for in regards to the wedding other than tipping for the WC.



    #3642 belledame

    belledame
    • Jr. Member
    • 195 posts

      Posted 11 May 2012 - 08:45 PM

      Congratulations Angela, Your pictures are stunning!! Is the photographer a vendor of the resort? May I have his name please?

      #3643 AngelaandTrevor

      AngelaandTrevor
      • Newbie
      • 54 posts

        Posted 12 May 2012 - 02:14 PM

        Originally Posted by IrieBride 

        Hi Angela - congrats on your wedding! It looked amazing. Can I ask - how much did they charge you to rent Pisces, and was there a min/max # of guests? Did you pay extra for the DJ? Thanks! Sarah

        Hi Sarah! I paid 1700.00 for the Pisces the dj was included, I had 72 guests at the wedding!



        #3644 AngelaandTrevor

        AngelaandTrevor
        • Newbie
        • 54 posts

          Posted 12 May 2012 - 02:28 PM

          Originally Posted by belledame 

          Congratulations Angela,
          Your pictures are stunning!! Is the photographer a vendor of the resort?
          May I have his name please?

          Not sure if your asking me or the other Angela! I used Devon Shaw from Jamaican Wedding Photos, The resort gave me 10 pictures for free, but none of them were very good! I found the resort photographer was following my photographer to learn some shots. And the $250.00 that Chandlyn is asking everybody for "new charge" I refused to pay, as nothing was ever mentioned before I went to the resort. They slipped a note under my door telling me to bring it in cash for my meeting in the morning with Chandlyn. If you complain about all the hidden charges that they have to the manager they will give you discounts.

          Angela and Trevor



          #3645 AngelaCollins

          AngelaCollins
          • Newbie
          • 13 posts

            Posted 13 May 2012 - 03:20 PM

            If you are asking me about the wedding photographer, we used Emmanuel from Arrecife Studios located on the resort. You can look at their facebook page for more samples. Our photographer was awesome. I printed out a bunch of shots before I left that I had wanted him to get, and he nailed all of them. Our package was $550 for pre-wedding, ceremony, and a beach session. He took 400 pictures, and it was VERY hard deciding after eliminating them to 180.



            #3646 AngelaCollins

            AngelaCollins
            • Newbie
            • 13 posts

              Posted 13 May 2012 - 03:36 PM

              Here are some more photos that might help planning. This was the "simple" and "plain" cake design option. Flowers we brought. The second shows how long the walk to the gazebo is. Also wanted to say that the Dolce Vita was a perfect location for the reception. It's in a private room off to the side by the ocean, dim lighting, and you don't feel bad about making speeches because it is so seperate from the rest of the restaurant. We had one long head table at the front that seated 4, and 3 round tables scattered that seat 8 people each. I was initally told that all would be rectangles, so I was happy to see that they were circular. Hope this helps.
              DSC00246.JPGDSC04799.JPG



              #3647 AngelaCollins

              AngelaCollins
              • Newbie
              • 13 posts

                Posted 13 May 2012 - 03:52 PM

                stanley-49.jpgstanley-32.jpg.stanley-15.jpgstanley-17.jpgstanley-41.jpgstanley-43.jpg

                More wedding photos from the resort photography company.



                #3648 AngelaCollins

                AngelaCollins
                • Newbie
                • 13 posts

                  Posted 13 May 2012 - 04:07 PM

                  Originally Posted by AngelaCollins 

                  If you are asking me about the wedding photographer, we used Emmanuel from Arrecife Studios located on the resort. You can look at their facebook page for more samples. Our photographer was awesome. I printed out a bunch of shots before I left that I had wanted him to get, and he nailed all of them. Our package was $550 for pre-wedding, ceremony, and a beach session. He took 400 pictures, and it was VERY hard deciding after eliminating them to 180.

                  Opps! I meant to say that he edited 400 photos of the 700+ that he took. We had to choose from the 400 edited ones.



                  #3649 exquisite02

                  exquisite02
                  • Site Supporter
                  • 121 posts

                    Posted 13 May 2012 - 05:14 PM

                    So very sorry I have been M.I.A for the past couple of months or so but I do want to say congrats to all the new brides and thank you for keeping this thread alive. it has been much help and I will do my part to continue post on this thread.

                     

                    Kristo, so very sorry I did not respond to your last email a couple months ago. I hope all your planning has turned out and can't wait to catch a glimps at your wedding and meet you in person next week hopefully.

                     

                    I'm leaving for Jamaica on Saturday May 19th and getting married on May 24th the day before Kristo. We will be staying at the resort until June 2nd. so i think I leave on sbelland's wedding day. when i get back I will write a tell all for all you future brides that need your wedding fix! lol 



                    #3650 Kristo

                    Kristo
                    • Newbie
                    • 68 posts

                      Posted 14 May 2012 - 04:57 AM

                      Wondered where you went to!  Got your email this morning... can't believe it's sooooo soon!   One of our guests was flying in today as he's there for two weeks so I'm excited for an update any day now! 

                       

                      Remind me again what time you're getting married on Thursday?  I have my hair trial that morning (10am) so if you're in the spa at all, I'll see you there!

                       

                       

                      Originally Posted by exquisite02 

                      So very sorry I have been M.I.A for the past couple of months or so but I do want to say congrats to all the new brides and thank you for keeping this thread alive. it has been much help and I will do my part to continue post on this thread.

                       

                      Kristo, so very sorry I did not respond to your last email a couple months ago. I hope all your planning has turned out and can't wait to catch a glimps at your wedding and meet you in person next week hopefully.

                       

                      I'm leaving for Jamaica on Saturday May 19th and getting married on May 24th the day before Kristo. We will be staying at the resort until June 2nd. so i think I leave on sbelland's wedding day. when i get back I will write a tell all for all you future brides that need your wedding fix! lol 






                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users