Photo

Any Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Brides out there?

• Please log in to reply
5571 replies to this topic

#1941 Pcoates

Pcoates
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 06:34 AM

Hey Trista, your pictures were absolutely amazing!  I am getting married at the Gran Bahia Principe in October and I am looking for a photographer.  Were you happy with your photographer and would you recommend her?  Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated!!

#1942 acw271011

acw271011
    • Moderators
    • 3,128 posts
    • Wedding Date:October 20, 2011
    • Wedding Location:We tied the knot in Runaway Bay, Jamaica and renewed our vows in Mexico on our 4th Anniversary
    • LocationToronto Area

Posted 28 May 2011 - 02:17 PM

We're Nov 17th and have a local Jamaican photographer, Merrick Cousley. there are a few girls on here that have used him. his website is

Hey Trista, your pictures were absolutely amazing!  I am getting married at the Gran Bahia Principe in October and I am looking for a photographer.  Were you happy with your photographer and would you recommend her?  Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated!!

I said "yes" again to the love of my life at Grand Coral Beach Club, Playa del Carmen, Mexico on our 4th anniversary - October 20, 2015

http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/topic/78874-acw271011-so-this-is-not-a-planning-thread-but/

event.png

#1943 ashley490

ashley490
    • 136 posts

Posted 29 May 2011 - 04:15 PM

We've hired Paula & Damian from Sungold Photography.  They're more expensive than Merrick Cousley but I think their work speaks for itself.  You can have a look at their website

Gran Bahia Principe Jamaica, Runaway Bay - January 18, 2012

#1944 toesinsand30

toesinsand30
      • 82 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 11:13 AM

I am using Marcia Roberts and her prices are pretty reasonable.  Shes doing my wedding day and TTD for under $1500 that includes 500 digital pics on CD and 2 DVD montages. 

http://www.jamaicanphotography.com/

October 18, 2011 Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Jamaica
        I married my bestfriend with 60 of our closest family and friends

and I would do it all over again :D

#1945 FleetMac bride

FleetMac bride
        • 200 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 08:01 AM

I was wandering if any one who is using Tai Flora had to pay a delivery fee? and if so how much was it? It doesn't make sense to me if they had to come to deliver my free bouquet then why if I am upgrading and they are already coming that I have to pay for them to deliver it. Any help would be appreciated thanks.

Gran Bahia Principe Jamaica November 22nd-2011.

#1946 acw271011

acw271011
          • Moderators
          • 3,128 posts
          • Wedding Date:October 20, 2011
          • Wedding Location:We tied the knot in Runaway Bay, Jamaica and renewed our vows in Mexico on our 4th Anniversary
          • LocationToronto Area

Posted 31 May 2011 - 10:18 AM

Originally Posted by FleetMac bride 

I was wandering if any one who is using Tai Flora had to pay a delivery fee? and if so how much was it? It doesn't make sense to me if they had to come to deliver my free bouquet then why if I am upgrading and they are already coming that I have to pay for them to deliver it. Any help would be appreciated thanks.

ha - I wondered the same thing!! my price quote also has an $18 delivery and setup fee. not sure what it is they're going to set up????? it's bouquets - what set up is there? PLUS did you notice the tax rate of 17.5%?? my tax alone costs more than my MOH's bouquet!!  PLUS watch out for the 4% credit card fee that gets charged too!!! so all totalled on my order it's $93 to pay the tax, have them delivered and then pay by credit card. no wonder the flowers are so much cheaper than they are here!!!!  they make their money on all the add-ons!! I'm avoiding the credit card fee by popping across the border to Niagara Falls which we do all the time anyway and going directly to a Bank of America and I'm going to put the deposit directly into the bank account number she gave me. or at least that's the plan. I'll let you know if it works or not. my photographer also is charging the 17.5% tax. is it any wonder it's a poor country?? I thought things were bad here but I don't know how they afford to pay that level of tax down there!!

I said "yes" again to the love of my life at Grand Coral Beach Club, Playa del Carmen, Mexico on our 4th anniversary - October 20, 2015

http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/topic/78874-acw271011-so-this-is-not-a-planning-thread-but/

event.png

#1947 sleepski

sleepski
          • 9 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 06:46 PM

Does anyone have a videographer that they recommend ? 

#1948 welshmother

welshmother
            • 9 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 03:58 AM

Of course, come and see us!!  There are a few that week so I will be doing the same as you!! x

Originally Posted by acw271011 

that's cool. it means I'll get to do like a few other brides here have been able to do and creep your wedding!!  lol it just means I'll take a little trip down and watch. didn't want to scare you...

#1949 FleetMac bride

FleetMac bride
              • 200 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 04:30 AM

Wow that's crazy I never heard anything about a set up fee or the 4% credit card fee wow their brutal ehy. I forgot about the 17.5% tax though thanks for the heads up I should have known. Are you talking to them directly? That's what I am doing I wander if we did it through Donnalee like on the forms maybe we wouldn't be getting as screwed so bad. On the forms where the flower part is it doesn't say anything about all these add on's and if they had to bring our bouquets to Donnalee/Chandlyn anyway maybe we wouldn't be charged these delivery fees or credit card fee because the resort would be dealing with them one love for another maybe. I am thinking I may just go through the resort and they can order my flowers for me just a thought.

Originally Posted by acw271011 

ha - I wondered the same thing!! my price quote also has an $18 delivery and setup fee. not sure what it is they're going to set up????? it's bouquets - what set up is there? PLUS did you notice the tax rate of 17.5%?? my tax alone costs more than my MOH's bouquet!!  PLUS watch out for the 4% credit card fee that gets charged too!!! so all totalled on my order it's $93 to pay the tax, have them delivered and then pay by credit card. no wonder the flowers are so much cheaper than they are here!!!!  they make their money on all the add-ons!! I'm avoiding the credit card fee by popping across the border to Niagara Falls which we do all the time anyway and going directly to a Bank of America and I'm going to put the deposit directly into the bank account number she gave me. or at least that's the plan. I'll let you know if it works or not. my photographer also is charging the 17.5% tax. is it any wonder it's a poor country?? I thought things were bad here but I don't know how they afford to pay that level of tax down there!!

Gran Bahia Principe Jamaica November 22nd-2011.

#1950 tris

tris
                • 609 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 08:44 AM

Originally Posted by Pcoates View Post

Hey! Sorry it took so long to reply, I'm not really on here very much since the wedding :)

I would recommend my photographer a million times over. She's based in Winnipeg, MB, though, we took her with us ;)! I did my BD shoot with her and we hit it off so much that she offered to our wedding for just the cost of travel. So we ended up getting her for extremely cheap and I couldn't say no. In the end we got over 2500 pics and we've gotten so many compliments about how beautiful they are. She's so passionate about what she does, super creative, and on top of it all she's so sweet and easy to get along with. She hit it off completely with everyone in our group. If you want to get in touch with her I'd contact her through her site and see what she can do for you ;)

http://www.sugarandsoulphotography.com/

Married my best friend 04/28/11 at the Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users