Jump to content
kerrij

Any Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Brides out there?

Recommended Posts

JayKay...Im choosing the free package as well. I realize you said you didn't need to put a deposit down, but did you have to fill out the form? 

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just got the 2013 packages emailed to me and their might be some changes. according to the "extras" section the chair covers are 5$ each chair and chair ties are 2.50$

 

I was told we dont have to pay for any extras until we get there, so we can sort these extras out in person at the Hotel when we arrive!

 

Thanks for the help

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did anyone use the spa to get their hair and makeup done?  How much did you pay?  When did you book your appointment?  Do you have contact info for them?  Thx!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We didn't fill out the credit card form.  We were told we just payed for everything once we got down there.

 

Originally Posted by pask454 View Post

JayKay...Im choosing the free package as well. I realize you said you didn't need to put a deposit down, but did you have to fill out the form? 

Thanks


The 2012 packages also say that the chair covers are $5.  We didnt pay for them and I'm pretty sure they are all included at no charge now.
 

 

Originally Posted by DandM2013 View Post

I just got the 2013 packages emailed to me and their might be some changes. according to the "extras" section the chair covers are 5$ each chair and chair ties are 2.50$

 

I was told we dont have to pay for any extras until we get there, so we can sort these extras out in person at the Hotel when we arrive!

 

Thanks for the help



I did have my hair and makeup done at the spa.  I booked my appointment about 4 months in advance just to make sure we had the time we wanted.  There was just myself and my MOH getting our hair done so they were able to easily accomodate.  However, if you are having more then that I would book well in advance to make sure they have enough stylists on that day. The contact info for them is  spabpjam@bahia-principe.com  And just a note that we were scheduled for two hours for hair and makeup and they ended up taking about 2 1/2 hours so just make sure you allow enough time.



Originally Posted by Kristo View Post

Did anyone use the spa to get their hair and makeup done?  How much did you pay?  When did you book your appointment?  Do you have contact info for them?  Thx!



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Thanks, I just sent them an email.. It will be me and my two bridesmaids.  Did you take pictures down with you or did you let them do their own thing?  What were the prices like?  And I remember reading your review a while back but can't remember what time you said your wedding was at.  My wedding is at 4pm and I want to ensure that me and my girls have plenty of time to get ready beforehand.
 


I did have my hair and makeup done at the spa.  I booked my appointment about 4 months in advance just to make sure we had the time we wanted.  There was just myself and my MOH getting our hair done so they were able to easily accomodate.  However, if you are having more then that I would book well in advance to make sure they have enough stylists on that day. The contact info for them is  spabpjam@bahia-principe.com  And just a note that we were scheduled for two hours for hair and makeup and they ended up taking about 2 1/2 hours so just make sure you allow enough time.



 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I did take pictures with me.  I actually had a hair trial done here in Canada (my best friend is a hair stylist, so she did it for free) so I took a bunch of those photos.  They did it pretty close to the original.  I was really happy with my hair.  As for the makeup I told her I wanted something really natural and thats what she did.  I beleive it was $90 for hair and $60 for makeup, but I cant quite remember.  Anything from the spa gets charged right to your room, so don't bother taking cash.  Both of the hair and makeup do include trials, which I didnt use, and was told when I booked the prices would be cheaper if not using the trial, but once I got there they said the price is the same whether or not you do the trial.  My wedding was at 4pm and we went to the spa at 1pm to get our stuff done.  We didnt get done until 330 and had to rush to the room and get into our dresses and rush down to the lobby.  I would suggest going to the spa at least by 12 to give yourself enough time.

 

Originally Posted by Kristo View Post


Thanks, I just sent them an email.. It will be me and my two bridesmaids.  Did you take pictures down with you or did you let them do their own thing?  What were the prices like?  And I remember reading your review a while back but can't remember what time you said your wedding was at.  My wedding is at 4pm and I want to ensure that me and my girls have plenty of time to get ready beforehand.
 



 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Perfect!  Thank you!  That's very helpful!  They got back to me so quickly from the spa.. prices for hair are $95 and makeup is $85.

 

Does anyone know about the notarized copies of the birth certificates?  We got those notarized which was fine, but then I just noticed that Donnalee has requested that we get our  ID's (drivers licence or passport) notarized as well.  Is that the case?  Now I've gotta go and pay another $50 to get that done??

 

Originally Posted by JayKay View Post

I did take pictures with me.  I actually had a hair trial done here in Canada (my best friend is a hair stylist, so she did it for free) so I took a bunch of those photos.  They did it pretty close to the original.  I was really happy with my hair.  As for the makeup I told her I wanted something really natural and thats what she did.  I beleive it was $90 for hair and $60 for makeup, but I cant quite remember.  Anything from the spa gets charged right to your room, so don't bother taking cash.  Both of the hair and makeup do include trials, which I didnt use, and was told when I booked the prices would be cheaper if not using the trial, but once I got there they said the price is the same whether or not you do the trial.  My wedding was at 4pm and we went to the spa at 1pm to get our stuff done.  We didnt get done until 330 and had to rush to the room and get into our dresses and rush down to the lobby.  I would suggest going to the spa at least by 12 to give yourself enough time.

 



 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Glad I could help!


 

We had our drivers licenses notarized and got the long form of our birth certificates that are certified.  I think everyone gets told something different.

Originally Posted by Kristo View Post

Perfect!  Thank you!  That's very helpful!  They got back to me so quickly from the spa.. prices for hair are $95 and makeup is $85.

 

Does anyone know about the notarized copies of the birth certificates?  We got those notarized which was fine, but then I just noticed that Donnalee has requested that we get our  ID's (drivers licence or passport) notarized as well.  Is that the case?  Now I've gotta go and pay another $50 to get that done??

 



 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


I was told by Donnalee that the ID's have to be certified and not the birth certificates. 

Originally Posted by Kristo View Post

Perfect!  Thank you!  That's very helpful!  They got back to me so quickly from the spa.. prices for hair are $95 and makeup is $85.

 

Does anyone know about the notarized copies of the birth certificates?  We got those notarized which was fine, but then I just noticed that Donnalee has requested that we get our  ID's (drivers licence or passport) notarized as well.  Is that the case?  Now I've gotta go and pay another $50 to get that done??

 



 



 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Ladies, 

 

I was just married there in January so I thought i would try to answer some of your questions!

 

    DandM2013 we got the $700 package as well so we paid the 25% deposit on that by sending a copy of our credit card information. The chair covers and bows were an expense which we paid for when we got there. HOWEVER, one thing we did not know was that the chair covers and bows were from an outside vendor and had to be paid in cash! We had planned to just put the rest of our wedding expenses on a credit card when we were down there but had to come up with a couple hundred $$ cash to pay for this! - something good to know ahead of time!

 

 Kristo my bridesmaids and i used the spa to get our hair done. THey did an amazing job! Some of my friends brought pictures, I didn't. I just explained what i wanted and it was perfect! I believe the bridesmaids we $80 and mine was $95 which was pretty expensive. In 2011 the prices were only $65 so i wasn't impressed that they jumped. But at the time, i didn't even care, they did such a good job! And its EXTREMELY windy at the gazebo, and our hair-dos didn't even move!! They've got some magic hairspray!! 

 

Any other questions just let me know, I'm happy to help!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×