Asked to share wedding week by friend- vent/help!!
Posted 02 November 2009 - 09:57 PM
1. If there are common guests, they may be hard pressed to choose between two events to fly out to if they couldn't afford both.
2. It may be difficult for your friend and her husband to fly out twice for their ROV and your wedding and so they are trying to consolidate their expenses to be able to attend your wedding and celebrate their marriage.
3. The wedding is typically 1-3 days at the most and then the rest of the week is free.
4. An ROV with just the two of them should have no bearing on your wedding day, and thus should be allowed.
5. An ROV with them and a few common guests should be split apart by a few days.
6. I would suggest to her that she NOT plan any other events during the week other than her ROV as you put in the majority of planning the trip and other guests should not be over-burdened with too many functions during their vacation week. This way, it doesn't take away from your thunder and she still gets her ROV.
Posted 02 November 2009 - 10:07 PM
| Originally Posted by Debs |
As long as it's at least 2 days AFTER yours I wouldn't have a problem with it. Here's the thing. All your guests won't hang out with each other every day they are down on the trip. Everyone has their own thing going on, like activities and excursions, I wouldn't expect (or want) people looking to me for something to do the entire week, as I'm there to have a vacation too.
I would draw the line at planning the thing together though. I mean your wedding is your wedding. As long as she's still planning her own thing and not latching on to all your plans it wouldn't bother me.
Besides, 10 years is nothing to sneeze at. I would feel like a beotch by saying they couldn't celebrate it just because they happen to be away at your wedding.
I agree with Debs. I too would feel like an ogre if I told my friend she could not celebrate her wedding because she was at mine. And I do agree it should be after yours, not before.
Posted 02 November 2009 - 10:59 PM
Posted 02 November 2009 - 11:14 PM
Posted 04 November 2009 - 04:56 PM
But, if she wants a big production and everyone to come, then i'd say NO! KRama totally put it perfectly! I would be upset if a friend asked me that for sure. I mean if it was someone like my parents who have been married over 35 years, that would be totally different and I'd feel so happy about it. but that isn't the case.
Let us know what you decide...
Posted 05 November 2009 - 06:53 PM
I feel your pain. Let me know how you decide to handle it!!
Posted 06 November 2009 - 11:41 AM
I love being a Mrs.!
Posted 06 November 2009 - 12:20 PM
The more i think about it the more it annoys me that she's even suggested it to you!
Posted 06 November 2009 - 12:51 PM
| Originally Posted by YaelM |
I agree with this! I think if its at least a few days AFTER your wedding then it would be ok...id probably still be a little peeved but she probably doesnt see it as taking it away from your wedding. Also like Deb said as long as its completely separate and she plans her own thing...good luck!
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users