Photo

Do not buy from lulucarmen - warning!!!!!

• Please log in to reply
90 replies to this topic

#11 sarafish81

sarafish81
  • 353 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 02:57 PM

I'm so sorry to hear about your bad experience! Thanks for the warning. I've bought a few things on here from BDW members and those experiences were great. It's disheartening when you find out you can't trust someone!

#12 autjo

autjo
    • 2,182 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 03:03 PM

Boooo to dishonest people. I was leary of not very active noobs posting things for sale before and will definitely keep that in mind from now on.

#13 cece9922

cece9922
      • 60 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 03:17 PM

Is it possible to have some sort of feedback set up on this site like Ebay? Just showing that those people are trusted.

#14 Jennybell1

Jennybell1
        • 661 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 03:26 PM

Finzup suggested something like that and I also said maybe it could be something like ebay...we posted it on Tammy (host) thread about buying and sellling on the forum.
          We hope that it is something that can be incorporated into the forum. Another thought is not allowing noobs to sell until they too have reached a certain level?
          Just a thought.....

Quote:
          Originally Posted by cece9922
          Is it possible to have some sort of feedback set up on this site like Ebay? Just showing that those people are trusted.

#15 boscobel

boscobel
          • VIP Member
          • 24,213 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 03:30 PM

Check out the other thread for more info, but basically it really isn't something that will help since brides generally only sell things once or twice.

Also, it's usually the noobs that are buying, not selling. We've had trouble where people send money for something and don't get the product, or people send the product and not the money.

Basically what it comes down to is this is not a buy/sell forum. This is a wedding forum that has some benefits. Just try to be proactive about researching the seller if you are making a large purchase. Make sure to use your credit card or paypal, so you are protected by them.

Here's the other thread again -
            Finzup suggested something like that and I also said maybe it could be something like ebay...we posted it on Tammy (host) thread about buying and sellling on the forum.
            We hope that it is something that can be incorporated into the forum. Another thought is not allowing noobs to sell until they too have reached a certain level?

Just a thought.....

#16 KJT1985

KJT1985
            • 694 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 03:58 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by carly
              Check out the other thread for more info, but basically it really isn't something that will help since brides generally only sell things once or twice.

Also, it's usually the noobs that are buying, not selling. We've had trouble where people send money for something and don't get the product, or people send the product and not the money.

Basically what it comes down to is this is not a buy/sell forum. This is a wedding forum that has some benefits. Just try to be proactive about researching the seller if you are making a large purchase. Make sure to use your credit card or paypal, so you are protected by them.

Here's the other thread again - http://bestdestinati....wn-risk-51322/
              Are noobs REALLY selling more than buying? That seems contradictory to me since most people post stuff for sale after the wedding Maybe that's just me. Anyway, most other forums I'm on (and not even wedding forums) make you reach 100 posts before you can sell anything. Maybe that's not too hard to implement and would help?

#17 boscobel

boscobel
              • VIP Member
              • 24,213 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 04:02 PM

I meant to say, usually the noobs are buying not selling. I'm going to edit my post now...

#18 RaychelRae

RaychelRae
                • 446 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 04:02 PM

I think that is a great idea, to look at someone's post number before buying from them. Kinda gives them a bit more "street cred"!

#19 TheOneDay

TheOneDay
                  • 59 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 04:12 PM

Someone using this forum into something malicious like that is just disgusting. Thank you for the warning and good luck!

#20 KJT1985

KJT1985
                    • 694 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 04:32 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by carly
                      I meant to say, usually the noobs are buying not selling. I'm going to edit my post now...
                      Haha ok. I was just confused!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users