Photo

Do not buy from lulucarmen - warning!!!!!

• Please log in to reply
90 replies to this topic

#1 Jennybell1

Jennybell1
  • 661 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 01:20 PM

I am sorry it has come down to this, but unfortunately I have been left with no other choice. I am posting this thread to warn all of you to avoid what myself and another BDW bride to be have gone through.

We both purchased items from Lulucarmen back on Oct 3, 2009. I purchased the first aid kits, and the other bride purchased the bridesmaid kits. Both of us made arrangements for payment. We bot paid Lulucarmen promptly.

After a couple of weeks, we both emailed Lulucarmen separtely to find out the ETA on the packages, along with tracking numbers, etc as we never rec'd any sort of response from her about receiving payment, nor about the packages being mailed. We never rec'd a response from those emails. The other BDW bride opened a claim with paypal and I spoke with my bank and the cheque had been cashed. Once the claim was made with paypal, Lulucarmen contacted the other BDW bride and said she mailed the package, and would get back to her as she didnt have a tracking number, but that was only after the claim was made. Since then, we both have again emailed her numerous times, and not response whatsoever. The other bride has upgraded her claim to see what paypal can do to help her.

I have spoken via PM with Tammy (host) and unfortunately there is nothing they can really do as they try not to get involved in these sort of issues. So my only recourse at this time is to warn ALL of you to stay away from Lulucarmen. Please do not let this happen to you.

I gave her the benefit of the doubt early on in this whole purchase debacle, thinking maybe she was sick or something had happened to someone in her family (bc this is flu season), but once I had heard that she has also been avoiding another bride on here and she is having the same problems as me, well I now no longer am giving her that sympathy. I want my items that I paid for. Its so hard in this world to trust people now adays, never would have thought in a forum such as this, where we are all in the same boat...planning and meeting some great people, that we have to deal with that on here too. That someone would take adavantage of a fellow BDW bride / groom.

So please take note, I cant say this enough, please do not put yourself in the same situation as we are in right now. And always pay through paypal, bc atleast that way you have sort of recourse and gettingyour money back. Me on the other hand, am out of luck I think. I will be checking into this further by my bank to see what if anything I can do.

I by no means wanted to do this, but she has left me no other choice and I did check with Tammy (host) ahead of time to make sure I wasnt crossing any lines by doing this. Im sure the other bride this involves will post on this thread to make you also aware of her situation so that no one thinks this is a bogus thread or that we didnt give her the time or benefit of the doubt to make this right.

DO NOT PURCHASE FROM LULUCARMEN UNLESS YOU LIKE GIVING YOUR MONEY AWAY!!!!

#2 boscobel

boscobel
    • VIP Member
    • 24,213 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 01:23 PM

I'm sorry that this happene dto you. Did you file a complaint with paypal also? I think you only have 45 days to do that, so if you are thinking about it, you should do it soon! I hope you get it worked out!

ETA: For anyone reading this thread, this might also interest you - http://bestdestinati....wn-risk-51322/

#3 finzup

finzup
      • 468 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 01:36 PM

Hi, I am the other bride in this story. My claim is currently escalated with paypal and I am waiting to find out if I can get my money back.

I also wanted to say I have bought many times here on BDW and I believe that most people are good. But do your homework when buying. I know now I will take things like post count into consideration when I buy from BDW from now on...

-Katie
        Have you met Alice?
        http://tickers.Ticke....eXf/weight.png

#4 finzup

finzup
        • 468 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 01:38 PM

Mods, can lulucarmen be banned from BDW for this type of infraction? I do not think she should be allowed to post/contribute/benefit from a forum where she has scammed it's members.

-Katie
          Have you met Alice?

#5 super19

super19
          • 1,123 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 01:43 PM

I'm so sorry this happened to you ladies. Thank you so much for the heads up!

#6 ldeavila

ldeavila
            • 206 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 01:45 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by finzup
              I also wanted to say I have bought many times here on BDW and I believe that most people are good. But do your homework when buying. I know now I will take things like post count into consideration when I buy from BDW from now on...
              Wow...I can't believe someone would stoop so low. Finzup...that is great advice. I would never have thought to check post count before purchasing something from a fellow BDW.
              [IMG]
              Mr. & Mrs. Rangel!!!

#7 cece9922

cece9922
              • 60 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 02:00 PM

I just wanted to add if Paypal doesn't work go directly to your credit card company. They should take care of it for you.
                I'm sorry you guys had to go through this.

#8 finzup

finzup
                • 468 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 02:27 PM

I paid with my bank account transfer so I think that if I can't get a refund, I'm out the money unfortunately... and the OP paid by check so she is likely out the money as well

-Katie
                  Have you met Alice?

#9 ~*Lisa*~

~*Lisa*~
                  • 2,287 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 02:44 PM

Ah girls, I'm so sorry this happened to you. It's stories like this that makes you think twice. I really hope that you can get your money back!

#10 SusieQ

SusieQ
                    • 1,603 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 02:53 PM

yeah that really sucks.... Some of us are just trusting and get burnt... I really hope it wasn't a huge amount... I hope you get it resolved

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users