Photo

Calgary Brides!

• Please log in to reply
1939 replies to this topic

#181 ChristinaP

ChristinaP
  • 365 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 09:53 PM

o-kay we all really need to get together. I can't keep up with all this action!
    Especially with the influx of new bride-to-bes. Welcome all!

#182 CaraW

CaraW
    • 346 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 10:14 PM

I agree!! We all need to plan to get together soon. Maybe for drinks or a coffee?

#183 jenv

jenv
      • 169 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 10:42 PM

hey ladies , just wondering is it worth going to the bridal show this sunday cause i went to the toronto one last weekend and there wasn't much for DW . just wanted to know if any of you have been to the one here before?

#184 *Nadine*

*Nadine*
        • 5,466 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 11:53 AM

Hey Jen, I went last year and found it kinda brutal. But thats just me..its all local vendors so its not really much help. Its fun to eat the cupcake samples and to see some of the fashion shows but thats about it.

#185 KRama

KRama
          • 421 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 12:12 PM

I agree. I went to the one last September and it was great for planning my AHR but other than that, not much help for a DW unless you're looking for a travel agent. If you do go, make sure you go in the afternoon and avoid some of the bridal madness!

I have my first dress fitting today! So excited!

#186 echo2_62

echo2_62
            • 1,049 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 12:37 PM

I can't remember last years show being all that great for those of us planning a DW, as the girls mentioned above. I went to help a girlfriend so I wasn't looking for myself at all but I remember the focus seemed to be INVITES galore! It did seem to be good for some of those small bits and pieces you might need to fill still - discounted veils, hair pins, head bands etc... but yah otherwise I don't know that you'd miss out on much by not going if you were at another one recently.

On a funny note, I went to the show in September that was here and you wouldn't believe me when I tell you that I was getting dirty glares and shocked reactions from a few of the vendors along the way. I try and be polite because I know part of their job is to harass people (ha!) but when I say "thank you but I'm not having a registry", I don't think they need to scoff and ask me "why not, don't you want any gifts?".... yep, that happened a few times over!!

#187 jenv

jenv
              • 169 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 05:51 PM

thanks ladies.for the info. if i do go i will go in the afternoon. i figured it was the same as the one i went to in toronto..
                meghan -i kind of had the same thing happen to me at the toronto show.. they were kind of rude when i would say no thanks i,m doing a DW. one vendor said why was i here it's not for me since i.m not having a real wedding ... i was pist..
                kayley- good luck on your dress fitting!!

#188 kris

kris
                • 506 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 05:55 PM

I also agree to drinks and NOT going to the bridal shows. They are a huge waste of time,I went to them last year and took nothing from them with me haha

#189 ChristinaP

ChristinaP
                  • 365 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 08:17 PM

Wearing the "I'm a bride" sticker is (I can't believe I'm admitting this) kind of fun. Anyways, I went last year before we decided on a DW and have been every other year forever for bridemaid duty. There are mean bitches everywhere!
                    Will be there again this year, but at least my TA will be there so I can say hello to her and hopefully escape the madness!

#190 pamphilia

pamphilia
                    • 362 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 08:19 PM

yikes!

thanks for theadsup about the shows - i was wondering if i should go on sunday or not!

how about NOT!
                      ~pam

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users