Photo

Calgary Brides!

• Please log in to reply
1939 replies to this topic

#1201 proti007

proti007
  • 467 posts

Posted 30 September 2010 - 08:33 AM

Boo, it's that reason specifically that we decided NOT to have a legal here first and do everything in Cabo. We're also lucky in the sense that we're only required to be there 2 days before, not 4 like in other areas (which is a long time, and not possible for a lot of couples!). I understand your FI not wanting to call you "wife" because it will take away from the ceremony you;ll have in just a few weeks!

Originally Posted by Boo 

It was not by plan that we had our Legal Day some 1.5 months before the Wedding Day, but the commissioner that we liked is off in October so we had to choose September or go with someone else. Lynda was wonderful by the way!

I have to say though, we have been out since and having fianc©e/hubbie introduce me as his fianc©e kinda really sucked! That’s the thing, cause now I am like who am I? ha ha.  Also we were finalizing our maracas and I thought of putting our soon to be joint last name, and that got kyboshed and that made me sad. Pre-Legal Day I probably would have said the same, lets keep it casual but now I am like it will be our last name and I am excited to share it and have it everywhere and dearest was like lets not get ahead of ourselves. He meant well (as in make sure you will still go thru all those fun emotions in Mexico) but bah! I find there is so much stress and sorrow in our day to day lives that it really did suck for me to have to consciously be less excited now.  

#1202 meldal101010

meldal101010
    • 444 posts

Posted 30 September 2010 - 09:04 AM

Lynda is off in October??? I have her booked for Monday (October 4th) to do my legal wedding!! I better write to confirm with her lol...thats all i need. I leave in 5 days & Cameo & Cufflinks haven't called me for a 2nd fitting yet!!! I finally went for my first fitting about 2 weeks ago....if the dress doesn't fit perfectly there's nothing i can do about it. My days are completely booked from now right up until the day we leave....

Originally Posted by Boo 

It was not by plan that we had our Legal Day some 1.5 months before the Wedding Day, but the commissioner that we liked is off in October so we had to choose September or go with someone else. Lynda was wonderful by the way!

I have to say though, we have been out since and having fianc©e/hubbie introduce me as his fianc©e kinda really sucked! That’s the thing, cause now I am like who am I? ha ha.  Also we were finalizing our maracas and I thought of putting our soon to be joint last name, and that got kyboshed and that made me sad. Pre-Legal Day I probably would have said the same, lets keep it casual but now I am like it will be our last name and I am excited to share it and have it everywhere and dearest was like lets not get ahead of ourselves. He meant well (as in make sure you will still go thru all those fun emotions in Mexico) but bah! I find there is so much stress and sorrow in our day to day lives that it really did suck for me to have to consciously be less excited now.  

#1203 Boo

Boo
      • 785 posts

Posted 30 September 2010 - 10:48 AM

I think Monday is her last day, sorry I am not 100% sure which days in October. Yikes, sorry didnt mean to stress you out. I just know when she was over last Monday she said that she only had one more wedding and then she is off for October - I am sure she meant you! She is great - very nice lady! Sorry again.

#1204 cookiemunchkin

cookiemunchkin
        • 376 posts

Posted 30 September 2010 - 11:21 AM

Really, 2 days?!  Is there a loophole that you can share? :)  We have to change our flights if we decide to do a legal ceremony in Mexico (arriving 3 days before right now), but if there's a way to swing 2 days...

Originally Posted by proti007 

Boo, it's that reason specifically that we decided NOT to have a legal here first and do everything in Cabo. We're also lucky in the sense that we're only required to be there 2 days before, not 4 like in other areas (which is a long time, and not possible for a lot of couples!). I understand your FI not wanting to call you "wife" because it will take away from the ceremony you;ll have in just a few weeks!

#1205 Boo

Boo
          • 785 posts

Posted 30 September 2010 - 11:26 AM

Mexico is 4 days to the best of my knowledge.

#1206 proti007

proti007
            • 467 posts

Posted 30 September 2010 - 12:01 PM

It's true! This is off the Los Cabos Tourism website, and I've been told by Dreams as well (2 days):

"Typically, two to four days must be spent in Cabo San Lucas to complete the requirements, although less time may be required when a wedding coordinator is involved."

Talk to your WC! Basically it's as fast as they can get it done.

Originally Posted by cookiemunchkin 

Really, 2 days?!  Is there a loophole that you can share? :)  We have to change our flights if we decide to do a legal ceremony in Mexico (arriving 3 days before right now), but if there's a way to swing 2 days...

#1207 pamphilia

pamphilia
              • 362 posts

Posted 30 September 2010 - 02:06 PM

ladies - sorry to do this so late, but i will have to back out of tonight.  like on of the ther gals up there, we are down to one car and

FI wont be home till later tonight.  next month - i swear!

~pam

#1208 Nan

Nan
                • 599 posts

Posted 30 September 2010 - 02:14 PM

I think you are really lucky to be able to get togehter with all these BTBs in Calgary!! I don´t know any brides from my hometown.

Nan and Erik forever!!!

#1209 MissNatalie18

MissNatalie18
                  • 172 posts

Posted 30 September 2010 - 02:29 PM

Sandy/Pam...I am leaving to go to Toronto tomorrow and I am way behind on packing and things got super hectic at work today and I am bound to be here late...sorry I hate to not go, but looks like I will have to see you all in October...have fun!

#1210 MissNatalie18

MissNatalie18
                    • 172 posts

Posted 30 September 2010 - 02:30 PM

Oh I just read that Pam is not able to attend either, Sandy soooo sorry...see you next month!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users