Photo

Calgary Brides!

• Please log in to reply
1939 replies to this topic

#1071 Lindslou

Lindslou
  • 187 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 01:03 PM

I too worry about my alterations because I know I will need some taken in at my chest and my dress has boning too.  I guess we can only put our trust in the professionals.  Where are you getting your alterations done?  Just think I'm sure you are not the first one to have this work done.  Good luck and keep us posted on how it turns out

Looking to share a photographer the middle of Feb 2011 in Holguin Cuba

http://tickers.Ticke....35f2/event.png

#1072 linzappa

linzappa
    • 12 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 07:42 PM

boo - 

ono, that sucks that you're left in this dilemna!  can you get a second opinion before you commit to the nip and tuck of your poor dress? 

maybe you can get pregnant before the wedding..that should fill you  out in all the right places!  lol .  

linz

#1073 Boo

Boo
      • 785 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 01:56 AM

deleted

#1074 KRama

KRama
        • 421 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T&C 

Ahhh - Is it bad that I didn't even think to do anything for centerpieces! You gals are making me look like the laziest bride ever!!

I didn't care about centrepieces at all and it worked out perfectly! The resort took care of everything!

As for the whole booking/non-responders scenarios...I now find myself on the opposite side of the coin. We were invited to TWO destination weddings for 2011, one of which we immediately replied "no thanks" - we barely know these people! The other is my cousin's wedding and as much as we'd love to go, she's booked at the Azul Sensatori and it's a bit out of our price range. We're dragging our feet and deciding if we can get a last minute deal but I know how annoyed we were at those guests for our wedding! haha

#1075 T&C

T&C
          • 168 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 12:41 PM

What about booking at a different resort and just paying the day pass rate for their resort?

And thanks for putting my mind at ease. Part of the reason we decided on a DW is so that all the little stuff is taken care of. So many brides on here are such superstars, they put me to shame

#1076 b2b2011

b2b2011
            • 58 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 08:52 PM

Just found the Calgary Bride forum!! i'm getting married at the Barcelo maya beach resort on feb 28, 2011.  I know what you mean about some brides being superstars. I wan't planning on bringing anything with me for decor.  Now, I am starting to second guess myself.

#1077 pamphilia

pamphilia
              • 362 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 02:19 AM

welcome b2b!

~pam

#1078 KRama

KRama
                • 421 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 06:28 AM

Originally Posted by T&C 

What about booking at a different resort and just paying the day pass rate for their resort?

You know, this idea never occured to me? That's a very good possibility!

And thanks for putting my mind at ease. Part of the reason we decided on a DW is so that all the little stuff is taken care of. So many brides on here are such superstars, they put me to shame

Oh I totally know what you mean! I had never even heard of OOT bags before this forum! I started making a list of all the things on the forum I wanted to do and I finally had to let it go and remember why we wanted a DW in the first place...so we didn't have to worry about all the minor details! I didn't bring a single piece of decor with me and only made small "wedding week survival kits" and a brochure. Done. And everything was SO perfect!

#1079 cookiemunchkin

cookiemunchkin
                  • 376 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 06:51 AM

Welcome b2b!  :)

I dont know about other brides, but I think the main reason I plan to do OOT bags is to make myself feel better about asking people to fork over so much money to come to my wedding lol. 

#1080 Nan

Nan
                    • 599 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 07:08 AM

cookie munchkin ,oot bags? are they really necessary? I haven´t planned on those yet?? I´m too busy organizing!  well I´ve got help from my WC but Still there´s lots of planning and decision making!

Nan and Erik forever!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users