Jump to content
KRama

Calgary Brides!

Recommended Posts

Boo, it's that reason specifically that we decided NOT to have a legal here first and do everything in Cabo. We're also lucky in the sense that we're only required to be there 2 days before, not 4 like in other areas (which is a long time, and not possible for a lot of couples!). I understand your FI not wanting to call you "wife" because it will take away from the ceremony you;ll have in just a few weeks!

 

Originally Posted by Boo View Post



 

 

It was not by plan that we had our Legal Day some 1.5 months before the Wedding Day, but the commissioner that we liked is off in October so we had to choose September or go with someone else. Lynda was wonderful by the way!

 

I have to say though, we have been out since and having fiancée/hubbie introduce me as his fiancée kinda really sucked! Thatâ€s the thing, cause now I am like who am I? ha ha.  Also we were finalizing our maracas and I thought of putting our soon to be joint last name, and that got kyboshed and that made me sad. Pre-Legal Day I probably would have said the same, lets keep it casual but now I am like it will be our last name and I am excited to share it and have it everywhere and dearest was like lets not get ahead of ourselves. He meant well (as in make sure you will still go thru all those fun emotions in Mexico) but bah! I find there is so much stress and sorrow in our day to day lives that it really did suck for me to have to consciously be less excited now.  



Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Lynda is off in October??? I have her booked for Monday (October 4th) to do my legal wedding!! I better write to confirm with her lol...thats all i need. I leave in 5 days & Cameo & Cufflinks haven't called me for a 2nd fitting yet!!! I finally went for my first fitting about 2 weeks ago....if the dress doesn't fit perfectly there's nothing i can do about it. My days are completely booked from now right up until the day we leave....

Originally Posted by Boo View Post



 

 

It was not by plan that we had our Legal Day some 1.5 months before the Wedding Day, but the commissioner that we liked is off in October so we had to choose September or go with someone else. Lynda was wonderful by the way!

 

I have to say though, we have been out since and having fiancée/hubbie introduce me as his fiancée kinda really sucked! Thatâ€s the thing, cause now I am like who am I? ha ha.  Also we were finalizing our maracas and I thought of putting our soon to be joint last name, and that got kyboshed and that made me sad. Pre-Legal Day I probably would have said the same, lets keep it casual but now I am like it will be our last name and I am excited to share it and have it everywhere and dearest was like lets not get ahead of ourselves. He meant well (as in make sure you will still go thru all those fun emotions in Mexico) but bah! I find there is so much stress and sorrow in our day to day lives that it really did suck for me to have to consciously be less excited now.  



Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think Monday is her last day, sorry I am not 100% sure which days in October. Yikes, sorry didnt mean to stress you out. I just know when she was over last Monday she said that she only had one more wedding and then she is off for October - I am sure she meant you! She is great - very nice lady! Sorry again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Really, 2 days?!  Is there a loophole that you can share? :)  We have to change our flights if we decide to do a legal ceremony in Mexico (arriving 3 days before right now), but if there's a way to swing 2 days...

 

Originally Posted by proti007 View Post

Boo, it's that reason specifically that we decided NOT to have a legal here first and do everything in Cabo. We're also lucky in the sense that we're only required to be there 2 days before, not 4 like in other areas (which is a long time, and not possible for a lot of couples!). I understand your FI not wanting to call you "wife" because it will take away from the ceremony you;ll have in just a few weeks!

 


 


Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's true! This is off the Los Cabos Tourism website, and I've been told by Dreams as well (2 days):

 

"Typically, two to four days must be spent in Cabo San Lucas to complete the requirements, although less time may be required when a wedding coordinator is involved."

 

Talk to your WC! Basically it's as fast as they can get it done.


 

Originally Posted by cookiemunchkin View Post

Really, 2 days?!  Is there a loophole that you can share? :)  We have to change our flights if we decide to do a legal ceremony in Mexico (arriving 3 days before right now), but if there's a way to swing 2 days...

 


 


Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ladies - sorry to do this so late, but i will have to back out of tonight.  like on of the ther gals up there, we are down to one car and

FI wont be home till later tonight.  next month - i swear!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think you are really lucky to be able to get togehter with all these BTBs in Calgary!! I don´t know any brides from my hometown.sad.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sandy/Pam...I am leaving to go to Toronto tomorrow and I am way behind on packing and things got super hectic at work today and I am bound to be here late...sorry I hate to not go, but looks like I will have to see you all in October...have fun!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • Sorry you had to deal with this I hoped it worked out. It seems to be every few months a new store will be in the  'if' stage and to the 'when' stage.  Big businesses like this don't notify the employees or customers before they close down...that would cause even more losses.  One day there are signs on the door and the business is done.  And lots of people (employees and customers...not to mention the creditors that they owe millions to) get screwed immediately with little help to be found anywhere.  Look at alfred angelo, although they had less retail stores than David's Bridal, they may have had more sales than them as a company.  They were the largest manufacturer of dresses and were carried by thousands of independent stores across the world (not just the 60+ branded stores they had).  If you google search Davids Bridal going bankrupt, they are listed on all the sites that post retail stores on life support.  They have more debt than they will be able to service in 2019 and the only question right now is if they'll make it that far.  Once the debt comes due, it's almost a 100% certainty that the company will be done.  But it's also more probable than not that the bankruptcy will happen much sooner than that.  The argument about them getting a new line or how big they are isn't a good argument if you look at the history of how these normally happen.  Alfred Angelo had a brand new line of dresses that never even hit the stores but were made overseas already...those all made their first appearances at the liquidation auctions.  I'm not trying to scare anyone here, but just trying to make sure that people understand that when a company gets to this point, it's definitely a roll of the dice if you are ordering something that you can't take home today.  How much of a risk?  That's hard to say, but I am extremely confident that the pain felt when alfred angelo closed 61 stores will be even greater when Davids Bridal closes 300+ stores…and when there are other great discount dress stores out there like Bridepower or Vows Bridal Outlet on the East Coast or Brilliant Bridal in the West (and plenty of others as well), I don’t think I would personally recommend any of my friends to take that risk!  But that’s just me:)
    • Hello all!! I'm planning to get married next week. I'm working in an MNC and I'm gonna marry my colleague who is in my company. It's been ten months since we have started our relationship. He used to support in all my difficulties and used to help me in my work. Always he used to tell me about my smile. He says that I have a very good smile and he loves it. Recently I lost my front tooth after an accident and it resulted in a bad look for me. He told me that I lost my beautiful smile. I was totally disappointed and thought of finding a solution. I heard about dental dentures and took an appointment at a clinic in Scarborough. Will dentures affect my speech? What was your experience of getting dentures? 
    • Go for the third one. It is gorgeous and you will look stunning in that. I'm sure you will be noticed by other people. Go for it.
    • I would suggest the long one. You will look stunning in that. It is simple and elegant.
    • Both the gown are awesome and I'm sure you will look gorgeous in both. But I would suggest the first one. Go for it and Congratulations for your marriage.
  • Topics

×