#151 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
  • 11,659 posts
  • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 17 October 2012 - 07:24 AM

Originally Posted by pacificgirl 

We aren't using a TA, personally. We're going to Puerto Vallarta for our honeymoon and needed a flight from Portland and wanted to do a package, obviously. I had about 4 TAs tell me that it wasn't possible to do 6 days and 5 nights with RT airfare and hotel for under $1500 (our budget). 

I opened up Orbitz and found a 4 star resort for $632 per person with hotel and air included. So much for that. So I will be planning it on my own! :)

We can normally price match if not price beat internet rates.  If any guests send us a package that is less we can usually book it at that rate or even a bit lower.

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#152 DiggityDawn

DiggityDawn
  • 167 posts
  • Wedding Location:Barcelo Maya Beach Resort
  • LocationRiviera Maya, Mexico

Posted 13 February 2013 - 10:25 AM

I love my TA! He has been the best part of the process so far. So informative and helpful. It has already taken the burdens and stress off of us. The travel for our 40 or so guests is in his hands now. lol Whew, what a relief!

#153 ceciile

ceciile
  • 37 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 09:09 AM

I just ended up contacting them today so i hope to hear back from them soon. What are the costs to have a travel agent??

#154 TA Wendy

TA Wendy

Insiders

• Insiders
    • 185 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 09:16 AM

Hi Ceciile, There is no charge to use a travel agent! We are paid a commission by the resorts, tour operators and cruise lines we book for our clients at the completion of their travel. So service to you, assistance to your guests, and no fee for you to pay! Additionally, we can often find lower rates than you might get on your own or direct from the resort, and we are there to assist should anything go awry on the trip for you or your guests. We serve as your advocate, resource and can make the planning of your trip much easier on you!

Best regards and happy planning!

TA Wendy

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings? We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews HERE.

Awards and recognition:

Palace Resorts Top PRO Agency
      Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator
      AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency
      Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner
      Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner

#155 cocoluv

cocoluv
      • 177 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 06:58 AM

This is the perfect thread for me... I was wondering about using a travel agent or not using one... About to start from page 1 now.. Thanking you guys in advance....

#156 rfonrose

rfonrose
        • 1 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 08:52 AM

Hi everyone,

My name is Reggie, I recently got engaged to my beautiful fiancee a few weeks ago. We are looking to tie the know in Mexico in December 2014. We've started the planning stage and an issue has come up. We'll be having half of our guest flying from Canada and the other half from the States. We're not sure if we should get 2 travel agents (one from the US and one from Canada) or only one. I've read places that a US travel agent might not be able to set up the best accommodation for Canada guest and vice versa.

Any knowledge in this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Reggie

#157 NJBride2014

NJBride2014
          • 441 posts
          • Wedding Date:September 13, 2014
          • Wedding Location:Le Blanc Spa Resort
          • LocationCancun, Mexico

Posted 11 August 2013 - 06:07 PM

This is the perfect thread for me... I was wondering about using a travel agent or not using one... About to start from page 1 now.. Thanking you guys in advance....

I would recommend using a travel agent. Makes booking for your guests easier and they can field all the questions and concerns. Saves you time and a headache. Also they can pay in payments throughout the year instead of all upfront which helps your guests out.

43 guests plus bride and groom.... ;)

Engagement Photos - http://www.bestdesti...y/#entry1827276

Planning Thread - http://www.bestdesti...y/#entry1860630

#158 cocoluv

cocoluv
          • 177 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 06:01 PM

I would recommend using a travel agent. Makes booking for your guests easier and they can field all the questions and concerns. Saves you time and a headache. Also they can pay in payments throughout the year instead of all upfront which helps your guests out.

Thanks... Going to get one ASAP

#159 babystace1985

babystace1985
            • 155 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 10:12 PM

I definitely want to use a TA but my FI doesn't see the value. The value to me is peace of mind with not having to deal with guest booking issues. We are inviting 150 plus people to our wedding. i would go crazy coordinating travel for them all!
              Those who matter don't mind. Those who mind don't matter. -Dr. Seuss

#160 krisdaversa

krisdaversa
              • 308 posts
              • Wedding Date:January 13, 2015
              • Wedding Location:Melia Las Dunas (Cuba)
              • LocationToronto, Canada

Posted 06 November 2013 - 07:36 AM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by babystace1985 

I definitely want to use a TA but my FI doesn't see the value. The value to me is peace of mind with not having to deal with guest booking issues. We are inviting 150 plus people to our wedding. i would go crazy coordinating travel for them all!

You totally should! We are using one and we actually have been to 8 TA till we found one that works for us and they also came back with an amazing quote!!! I find it gets a lot of stress of me and makes me worry less. Our guest can email or call our TA for any questions they may have so my guest don't have to ask me a question and then I would need to track down the right answer and get back to them....this is where broken telephone would be played with me :-)

With us using a TA she also gave many other ideas and the right people to hook us up with and the ones to avoid! 

There is no fee with using a TA so why not! 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users