Home& Married from Beaches negril!! Pictures!!
Posted 26 October 2009 - 11:39 AM
The arch on the beach did you have to pay for it?
that was included with the palm trees too. you can buy flowers for the top of the arch and also pedestals of flowers to replace the palms but i thought that looked nice enough.....
What reception did you do? Free one? or did you upgrade?
I might confuse you with this so just ask if you don't understand...... Since we booked 12 rooms we were entitled to the free cocktail reception (includes cold o'rderves, champagne toast, cake) but we wanted the bar to be @ the reception and wanted hot food since we were not doing a sit down dinner So we upgraded to the $25 pp cocktail reception.... VERY worth it. everyone ate so much they didn't need a dinner. They set up seats for everyone.
Did you get your hair and makeup done at the salon? I did get my hair and make up done, i didnt pay to have the trial done and so did my moh..... I gave my girl an A++++, she had someone different hated her hair and make up, we re-did both (but that can happen anywhere w anyone!)
Recently they added the martha stewart designs and now my WC in Miami is saying we get nothing for the sweet beginnings "free wedding". But before the martha stewart collection, we did. So now Im confused.
I don't know much about that but I do know if you book more than 12 rooms you get a lot of concession .... make sure you check that info out. Miami can be confusing and put pressure on you.... I did everything once I got there and there was no problem what so ever!! I also think if you book one of the "concierge suites" you receive additional upgrades.
Also how was your room? Clean?? our room was awesome. we ended up with a 1bdroom suite, so we had a separate living room & 2 bathrooms..... that was nice because we had space to spread everything out and weren't tripping over each other for the week....
i would highly recommend doing things there.... for example i was quoted $400 for my bouquet from Miami so i ordered it once i was at the resort and it was $250.
At least at the Beaches Negril they were so laid back and she took care of everything!!
And again you all can email me if you have more questions!! i would love to help especially since there is very little info on here about beaches. I am going to post the answers to any question also so that the info starts to build!!!!
Posted 01 November 2009 - 05:22 PM
| Originally Posted by kgeecee |
hey everyone. I am back and have a minute to post some pictures from our wedding. I know the pictures been a huge duscussion on here! so i am going to post 2 things
1. the resort photogs site. in all fairness about them, they are decent. They knew upfront that I wasnt going to be buying any pictures from them because I told them i had a photog/friend w me. The WC just asked that our photog be respectful of the resorts photog and that we take some time to take pictures with him. The 2 actually worked well together and there were no problems what so ever. In the long run it benefited the resort because we did end up buying $200 worth of pictures that they took thru out our stay, when my photog was long gone.
https://sandals.venu....e.aspx?sub=168 username is email@example.com / password is jamaica
2. now to my photog.... unbeleivable! thats all i can say. she is very open to working with destination brides since she is building her portifilio!!
I am piecing together a review on microsoft word so i will post that soon, hopefully. but in the meantime if anyone has questions about beaches negril please email me.... We had a wonderful experience and I would rate the resort a 100%!!
Posted 01 November 2009 - 05:27 PM
| Originally Posted by futuremrsgoodrich |
I hope you dont mind, I havent talked to you before but am going to attempt to log in to view your photos (dying to see them actually)
Posted 03 November 2009 - 09:38 PM
I was thinking of getting married at the beach gazebo but is it as beautiful I wonder?
Posted 03 November 2009 - 10:12 PM
now I have several questions ( can you tell I've been just dying to ask these questions?)
1. Where did you have your rehearsal dinner and what was the set up? Just tables set in a circle? What was the food you asked for? It looked scrumptious.
Did you have music hooked up?
2. Did you have a dance floor at the reception?
3. How much did you have to pay for the flowers on the cake? I just spent an hour with Amber tody and they are charging so much for flowers that are not martha stewart's.The cake is also 2 tiered square and plain , not even with a trim like yours.
4. Did you have the option of going to the night club- liquid - after the reception? I notice you went to RIcks and was wondering if the night club is lame.
Lots more to come for you and Sherri.
Lots of questions but I need answers, I'm so worried!!!
Posted 04 November 2009 - 10:13 PM
| Originally Posted by kgeecee |
our cermony was supposed to be @ 3pm. I originally wanted the 5:30 sunset but then canceled and booked the 3pm slot. BUT..... we were there the time of year that it rains in the afternoon SO I got really lucky and was able to have my wedding @ 5:30, and didnt pay the $3800!![/email]
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users