Has Anyone NOT done a site visit??

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#31 IrishgirlinNY

• 938 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 09:33 PM

We are not doing a visit, but we did go last year to the Riu in Montego Bay and are just hoping from everything we have read that it is as great as we expect. The one in Montego Bay wsa very nice, so we are hoping for the same results.

#32 Mardigras

• 53 posts

Posted 03 November 2009 - 02:03 AM

We aren't doing a site visit either. We tried, but couldn't get a good price because we were looking to travel over the Thanksgiving weekend. So... we are completely basing our decision on pictures and reviews. The first time we will actually see the resort will be when we arrive. Little scary, but kind of exciting too! It does help that all the pictures and reviews have been fabulous!!

#33 MayaLove

• 369 posts

Posted 04 November 2009 - 06:45 PM

We aren't going to be doing a site visit either.
        Jenna & Chris
        Soon to have a lifetime supply of donuts.
        My BDW Blog

#34 lety01

• 37 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 10:35 PM

Yet a site visit is money that can be spent somewhere else.

#35 FutureMrsYak

• 372 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 11:18 PM

As much as we would love to do a site visit, we won't be doing one either. We are being very trustworth of the internet! Just a little scary as you are asking 50 people to come with you and if it's not all that it turns out to be i would feel awful!

#36 ~Katie~

• 1,225 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 06:03 AM

We're not doing a site visit - getting to Mexico from the UK would just be silly! lol

however we have been to Mexico and stayed in the Rivieria Maya area so we do have a feel for the place. We did though book our hotel for the wedding totally based on reviews on here, the TA and Trip Advisor.

I'd say for piece of mind, read every opinion on your hotel that's on here. Obviously take everything with a pinch of salt as everyone has different tastes and expectations but that's your best (and cheapest! lol) option.

Good luck!

#37 Woodsylou

• 545 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 01:22 PM

we're not doing a site visit either, as Katie 2010 said, it's just too expensive from the UK.

although i've NEVER been to Mexico before, so i have no idea what to expect! i kind of like that!
                a UK bride :)

35 fabulous people booked! 31 at The Moon Palace, 4 offsite! YAY!

My planning thread! http://bestdestinati....k-bride-61178/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users