Winery Using our Picture!

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 YaelM

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 5,369 posts

Posted 19 October 2009 - 07:32 PM

So DH and I recently bought a DSLR - Nikon D40 and have been getting into photography. We recently took a trip to Napa and rented a lens. DH took this picture of a chandelier at the winery...its called Jacuzzi and is actually in Sonoma. Anywho he emailed them the pic to see if they wanted to use it on their website - all we want is credit. They wrote back saying they love it and will add it to their site and credit us. Its pretty exciting for us since we have only had the camera for about a month

Here is a link to the picture http://markley.smugm...._fWcmD-M-1.jpg

Also just for fun here is the link to the rest of our gallery :)
    markley's Photos

#2 boscobel

• VIP Member
    • 24,213 posts

Posted 19 October 2009 - 07:37 PM

Very cool, that they are using your photo! And I looked thru your Napa folder and each of those photos is good! Did you show them winery all of them? The barrel ones were cool, I thought.

#3 YaelM

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 5,369 posts

Posted 19 October 2009 - 07:38 PM

Thanks Carly!! We just showed them the chandelier one b/c its our favorite but we may have to show them more :)

#4 cougs

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 12,151 posts

Posted 19 October 2009 - 07:45 PM

that particular photo was seriously very cool ... but i heart all of them. OF COURSE they are going to use it since all you wanted was credit. tell them you'll offer the other photos for a small fee (even if that fee is a few bottles of wine)!

#5 ~Angela~

• 4,172 posts

Posted 19 October 2009 - 07:48 PM

Wow! That is so awesome, Yael!!!!! They really are amazing pictures! I agree with Cougs .... a small fee from them, even if it's wine, is in order! :) Congrats!

#6 vlynnw

• 6,003 posts

Posted 19 October 2009 - 07:52 PM

woo hoo Yael, I love all the photos and that one is definitely awesome!
              Veronica & Adam - May 6, 2011 - Dreams Tulum

#7 *Meagan*

• 5,521 posts

Posted 19 October 2009 - 08:36 PM

So happy for you guys! totally awesome!!!

#8 islandbride317

• 1,866 posts

Posted 19 October 2009 - 09:32 PM

Yael -- I was just stunned by how beautiful the photo of the chandelier was...but what really GOT me, was the "WATER" photo in the second link -- positively BREATHTAKING! It looks like something from inside a dream.....

You both have a great eye for capturing the essence of whatever you were shooting. Even the close up shot of the grapes look totally professional! In my completely honest opinion, it looks like somebody might have a new profession on the horizon....

#9 Andi

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                  • 3,490 posts

Posted 19 October 2009 - 09:39 PM

hooray! that is fun! I do love that pic!

#10 Vikki

• 807 posts

Posted 19 October 2009 - 09:47 PM

Those are really great photos! I agree, you should show them the rest of the pictures.

Out of curiosity what lens did you rent?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users