Sign in to follow this  
SgtPepperette

Working on centerpieces...

and can use some opinions and help.

We have these small tin pails that we wanted to use. So we thought a candle in the middle with some sand in it, and some shells. When starting to put it together Im just not feeling it...

Click the image to open in full size.

Could you wrap the ribbon around the pail? I was thinking it would be cute with layered ribbon and a nice bow or something with the table number even.

Also maybe if you dig in the sand and put the candle in there (not sure how safe that is or practical)

Good luck! I like the idea!

I like the idea of adding ribbon to the outside of the tin,but as i write im thinking the wow could come from picking a ribbon that has a print rather than the plain green.I also think the shells are a bit flat,how about mixing it up a bit and maybe throwing in a starfish? hope that helps it just needs tweaking x

Thanks for the ideas girls. I was trying to do some ribbon around the tin but its hard because of the shape of the pail.....any suggestions on that?

We were planning on finding some shells when we got down there...but used these ones as an example....

So as I just looked at someone who DIY'd their centerpeices for just $2.50, great centerpiece by the way, I had an idea!

How about I get some raffia and tie it around the pail? It would be really cute with a starfish dangling to, but Ive looked everywhere for starfish and cant find them. To late to order anything now since I leave in a week.

I think you should sink the candle holder deeper into the sand. I think it would balance it out a little more. Plus adding a starfish would be a nice touch!

Check out this website. I think you could have them in 2-3 days!!

White Finger Starfish

Good Luck!

~ Erica

Michael's the Arts and Crafts store has all of that stuff. We decorated our centerpieces for our engagmenent party with those shells.

there were alll differenet sizes and colors and starfish...