Suggestion - member status & what it means

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 bholthof

bholthof
  • Banned
  • 323 posts

Posted 16 October 2009 - 10:30 AM

I think that there should be a sticky about what all the different member status's are and what they mean. Like for example:

Noob: Recently joined forum or long-time member that doesn't post. Status remains at Noob until you make 150 posts in the forum. Cannot download attachements.

Jr. Member: Status received upon posting 150 times. Able to open attachements.

Etc, etc and so on.

It just might be helpful.
    Maybe one already exists, but when you search for it there are a lot of posts about people who had issues.
    21 people + Bride & Groom booked!!

http://tickers.Ticke....8e20/event.png

#2 riokayak

riokayak
    • 175 posts

Posted 16 October 2009 - 11:53 AM

I agree! There is a ton of helpful information on this site, but its a little overwhelming because there is so much. If I'm away for like 5 minutes there is suddenly 70 new posts... now what do I do? :-) It seems like there are so many rules... and I see a lot of "banned" posters.

The other thing I'd like to see is what various acronyms mean. Some are pretty obvious, but others are way over my head.

#3 boscobel

boscobel
      • VIP Member
      • 24,213 posts

Posted 16 October 2009 - 12:01 PM

This thread might help you then - http://bestdestinati....690/#post32777

Also, each mod has a link to a very helpful thread that has all kinds of cool tips in it that you might want to check out.

#4 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
        • 11,659 posts
        • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 16 October 2009 - 12:02 PM

have you tried reading the thread that is in the moderator siggies: http://bestdestinati....k-forum-32313/

or the stickied threads in this forum: Bugs, issues or "how to" navigate forum questions. - Best Destination Wedding Forum ~ The Ultimate Destination Wedding Resource

also for acronyms, try this thread, it is one of the stickied posts in the forum mentioned above: http://bestdestinati....acronyms-2690/

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
        Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
        Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
        Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
        sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
        Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#5 isaidyes

isaidyes
        • 269 posts

Posted 16 October 2009 - 12:43 PM

I completely understand where you're coming from. Thanks for the responses Mods

#6 PVBride2010

PVBride2010
          • 157 posts

Posted 04 November 2009 - 12:24 PM

I had stumbled across this site and I have to say it has been the most helpful. It's nice to communicate with people that are having a destination wedding. It is a little confusing at first, but the more you are on here--the better it gets!

#7 Marne

Marne
            • 120 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 07:33 PM

I'm still confused about a ton of things - what are the rep points? And the karma? And the vbux? I have searched and searched and can't find any explanation other than a few posts where people say that they don't think they mean anything . . .

#8 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 24,768 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 12:19 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by Marne
                I'm still confused about a ton of things - what are the rep points? And the karma? And the vbux? I have searched and searched and can't find any explanation other than a few posts where people say that they don't think they mean anything . . .
                well, that's kind of your answer! they're really just for fun.

#9 Marne

Marne
                • 120 posts

Posted 14 November 2009 - 11:24 AM

Except that it misses the 'fun' factor when no one knows what it is

#10 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                  • 24,768 posts

Posted 14 November 2009 - 11:28 AM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Marne
                    Except that it misses the 'fun' factor when no one knows what it is
                    You're certainly free to do the reasearch yourself. There are plenty of threads on these topics.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users