| Originally Posted by ~Katie~ |
This may not be much help for you now but hopefully will help other brides shipping stuff via Fed-Ex - they do NOT allow you to ship any liquids. My FH works for them here in the UK and works on the international shipping side and things will get ceased at customs if the paperwork is not completed correctly or you have packed things that you are not allowed to ship.
Unfortunately I do not know how to help you get your boxes back the problem is the tequila as it is a liquid and therefore banned, so if there is some way of excluding this from your package, you should then be ok.
Before shipping anything you should be aware of the customs rules of the country you are shipping to, as well as the courier company - Freight Terms and Conditions - General Terms and Conditions at FedEx.com
Here's Fed-Ex's restrictions:
You are prohibited from tendering the following items for shipment, and they will not be accepted:
- Cash, currency, collectible stamps and coins.
- Live animals, except as provided in the Live Animals and Ornamental Marine Life (Including Live Fish) section. (Edible seafood, such as live lobsters, crabs or other types of fish and shellfish for human consumption, is acceptable, provided the shipper is in compliance with all local, state and federal laws.)
- Animal carcasses. (Animal heads and other parts for taxidermy may be accepted but must be properly packaged. This restriction does not apply to properly packaged meat or poultry products intended for human consumption.)
- Human corpses, human body parts, human embryos, or cremated or disinterred human remains.
- Shipments that require us to obtain a local, state or federal license for their transportation.
- Shipments that may cause damage or delay to equipment, personnel or other shipments.
- Lottery tickets and gambling devices where prohibited by law.
- Hazardous waste, including, but not limited to, used hypodermic needles or syringes, or other medical waste.
- Packages that are wet, leaking or emit an odor of any kind.
- Live insects.
- Shipments or commodities that are prohibited by applicable local, state or federal law.
- Waste or garbage for disposal.
Notwithstanding any other provision of the FedEx Service Guide, we are not liable for delay of, loss of or damage to a shipment of any prohibited item. The shipper agrees to indemnify FedEx for any and all costs, fees and expenses FedEx incurs as a result of the shipper's violation of any local, state or federal laws or regulations or from tendering any prohibited item for shipment.
The alcohol comes under the point relating to 'products that are wet, leaking, or omit an odor of any kind'
Hope this helps someone!!
this helps everyone!! thank you for posting!