In search of Planner

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 CHAKLIT

CHAKLIT
  • 260 posts

Posted 11 October 2009 - 09:21 PM

Hi,

We're in the DC area...both of our families are from JA, so we're not looking for a resort -- instead we'd like a local ceremony & reception for approx 200 ppl. My father has a nice home in Iron Shore -- not far from Mobay and he's said that we can use it, but I will need plenty of help ...eyes & ears for me, since we won't be able to get there for a few months. If any of you ladies have any good recommendations -- we sure would appreciate it!

-Melissa
    I've booked Heather Parker for my photographer for my April 2, 2011 wedding in Ochi Rios, Jamaica. If anyone is getting married in Jamaica days before or after me and is interested sharing her travel expenses to save few wedding budget bucks, let me know. Take a look at her work for Moon Dance...

#2 siyoung1005

siyoung1005
    • 13 posts

Posted 12 October 2009 - 08:43 AM

Speak to Ari at Negril Jamaica Weddings.com

Ari has had to step in and help Alexandra and I get everything we really wanted for our wedding as the resort Wedding Co-ordinator has been and is currently less than helpful or accomodating with minimal requests.

On the other hand although we are only using Ari for small items, floral decorations, cake and hair and make up, she has been a real breath of fresh air and very helpful even though we are only using her for small items, we wished we had gone through her for everything else.

#3 CHAKLIT

CHAKLIT
      • 260 posts

Posted 12 October 2009 - 08:02 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by siyoung1005
        Speak to Ari at Negril Jamaica Weddings.com

Ari has had to step in and help Alexandra and I get everything we really wanted for our wedding as the resort Wedding Co-ordinator has been and is currently less than helpful or accomodating with minimal requests.

On the other hand although we are only using Ari for small items, floral decorations, cake and hair and make up, she has been a real breath of fresh air and very helpful even though we are only using her for small items, we wished we had gone through her for everything else.
        Thanks!...I'll check it out...appreciate it!
        I've booked Heather Parker for my photographer for my April 2, 2011 wedding in Ochi Rios, Jamaica. If anyone is getting married in Jamaica days before or after me and is interested sharing her travel expenses to save few wedding budget bucks, let me know. Take a look at her work for Moon Dance...

#4 asheeki

asheeki
        • 63 posts

Posted 03 January 2010 - 11:30 PM

I might be a bit late but although I am going to a resort I have a local planner thats been fabulous. Let me know if you still need one

#5 QueenDiva

QueenDiva
          • 521 posts

Posted 04 January 2010 - 12:52 AM

Asheeki, I'd like to know! I emailed Ari a few days ago, but haven't heard back

#6 CHAKLIT

CHAKLIT
            • 260 posts

Posted 04 January 2010 - 01:21 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by asheeki
              I might be a bit late but although I am going to a resort I have a local planner thats been fabulous. Let me know if you still need one
              You're not late! My wedding is 2011! I'd like to know.

-CHAKLIT

#7 asheeki

asheeki
              • 63 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 10:32 AM

Sorry I took so long was not checking this link Alicia is Great!!! she has assisted a friend of mine while at a hotel and she has worked with brides independently you can reach her on this email bridesmaid@live.com. My friend had bought a cheap ticket for her and got her to come up to the states, she found her own occomodation for a week she went to my friends dress fitting and shopping for a few stuff for the wedding as its cheaper to take down a few stuff than to buy them locally. She was like heaven sent!!! Let me know if you get her and whats going on. She really pampers you.

Asheeki

#8 asheeki

asheeki
                • 63 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 10:36 AM

I forgot to mention I am going to Jamaica this month and she has organised all my vendors she is GREAT!! After my visit I am having her come to the states to pick up a few things as she gives you the inside info

#9 asheeki

asheeki
                  • 63 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 10:09 AM

Have u contacted Alicia as yet I told her to expect you

#10 jamaica0510

jamaica0510
                    • 28 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 04:27 PM

We are getting married in May 2010 and I am using a wedding planner in Jamaica rather than having it at the resort. Jamaica Wedding Planner, Negril Wedding Planner, Weddings in Jamaica, Destination Weddings, Wedding Planner in Jamaica, Getting married in Jamaica, Wedding in Jamaica

I have been talking to Dawn there and she has been great at returning phone calls and emails.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users