Photo

Formal AHR?

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#1 MsAmErika

MsAmErika
  • 56 posts

Posted 08 October 2009 - 06:22 PM

Anyone else having a formal reception, seems like everyone but me is having a casual AHR. There is hardly any planning involve with my wedding, all my focus is on my AHR, anyone else in my boat?

#2 SusieQ

SusieQ
    • 1,603 posts

Posted 08 October 2009 - 07:02 PM

Not a chance!!!! I am very focused on my DW and the AHR will happen in 9 months but it isn't huge on my list right now.... maybe once the wedding is over and I have withdrawl from the DW planning it might be more important. Just me!!!

#3 robinkar

robinkar
      • 65 posts

Posted 08 October 2009 - 07:05 PM

We are having an AHR as well. Not sure if you would call it casual but I don't.
        We are having the reception at a Golf & Country Club near home with just over 175 guests invited but thinking that just under 150 guests will probably come.
        To cut down on the costs since we are doing the destination wedding, we are not having the sit down dinner but rather a cocktail reception with appetizers and an open bar prior to going into the reception room. Then it is the normal reception activities along with the dance with a DJ and the bar will stay open until about 1:30 a.m.
        Since there will be no dinner, we also will have a pastry table near 10:30 p.m. complete with a chocolate fountain.
        We have just started to pick up some things to make the centerpieces as it will be a DIY project.
        What were you guys thinking?

#4 MsAmErika

MsAmErika
        • 56 posts

Posted 08 October 2009 - 08:47 PM

Sounds pretty formal to me Robin. How soon after your DW wedding is your reception.

I chose to do mine at a historical mansion about 100 to 150 guest and its exactly 7 days after the wedding so I dont have much down time, I just wanted to get it all over with so we can focus on buying our first home, so next year will be super busy for me.

#5 MsAmErika

MsAmErika
          • 56 posts

Posted 08 October 2009 - 08:49 PM

I am not expecting many people to come to my DW so we thought a wecolme home Mr. & Mrs. party would be a good idea.

#6 midnight24

midnight24
            • 754 posts

Posted 08 October 2009 - 08:52 PM

i guess we are a having a formal AHR. about 120, seated dinner, with dancing & drinks of course. i was trying to keep it casual, but it's turning into something more. we're planning it for about 3wks after the wedding.

#7 MsAmErika

MsAmErika
              • 56 posts

Posted 08 October 2009 - 09:00 PM

I was planning on something simple too then some how it became an extravaganza lol. We will also have a seated dinner, open martini, wine, beer and signature drink bar.

#8 Bermuda Bride to Be

Bermuda Bride to Be
                • 164 posts

Posted 08 October 2009 - 09:21 PM

Our AHR started out being a casual dinner... but it has turned into a 150-200 cocktails. dinner. dancing. dessert.... basically a wedding without the ceremony! I'm happy that we'll be able to celebrate with everyone but I'm a little worried about the finances. It didn't really hit me how big the AHR turned into until last weekend when I went to go look at a couple restaurants. Invitations. Flowers. Decor... all times 2!
                  *Forever in Love*

#9 lnf_munchkin

lnf_munchkin
                  • 168 posts

Posted 09 October 2009 - 11:45 AM

robinkar, LOVE the idea!

#10 Ginalyn

Ginalyn
                    • 2,754 posts

Posted 09 October 2009 - 12:55 PM

I had a formal AHR including cocktail hour, hors devours, seated dinner, dancing, cake, etc. The only difference was the fact that we were already married. All thanks to my mom and dad for planning it all while DH and I were planning our DW!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users