I have to cover my Tats!!!

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 MrsAiello2b

• 21 posts

Posted 03 October 2009 - 12:51 PM

Hey Ladies,

Does anyone have any ideas on how to cover up tattoos?? I have one on both of my arms, my breast and my neck just to name a few...and I'm trying to figure out how i'm going to cover them up (at least one or two) I looked at a couple of videos on you tube, but can't seem to get them to look right. Not to mention that I don't want to get make up on my wedding dress
    I'm trying to come up with some solutions now so I don't end up waiting until the last moment to figure out what to do. My DH has already suggested that I get them PERMANENTLY removed ...but I said "over my dead body"

Any suggestions would be helpful

#2 Kat81

• VIP Member
    • 7,615 posts

Posted 03 October 2009 - 12:53 PM

I have a friend that used this before
      Camouflage makeup concealer for blemishes tattoo

Also I have heard good things about dermablend

#3 TheFutureMrs.Sears

• 734 posts

Posted 03 October 2009 - 03:19 PM

I have the same problem..My entire back is tattoo'd. From the research that I have done dermablend is supposed to be excellent. They offer a finishing powder to go over the foundation. Not sure if they have Ulta in Canada but its a beauty supply store here in NY and they carry it. Try google searching it in your area.
        I also know that Kat Von D has a new concealor to cover up tattoos and that is sold in Sephora. Since this one is new I haven't read any reviews on it yet.

I'm personally waiting until my tan completely fades before I go and start trying the different foundations.

Good Luck and if you find one that works please let me know.

52 booked + The Bride and Groom!!!
        http://i69.photobuck....s/DSC02673.jpgMe and my Bridesmaids at my Bachelorette Party on a Roof Top with Manhattan in the background.

#4 *kellis*

• 330 posts

Posted 03 October 2009 - 03:36 PM

Try Kat Von D's new tattoo concealer from Sephora. I've heard great things about it.
          (Formerly "Future Mrs. Kt Ellis")

I love being a wife!

#5 flipflop.tee

• 519 posts

Posted 03 October 2009 - 03:43 PM

My sister is covered in tattoo's and she is going to be my MOH and I told her not to get anymore until after the wedding...lol. I really don't care about her showing them (they are beautiful) but what I don't understand is why did you get them in the first place if you just wanna cover them up?

#6 jenv

• 169 posts

Posted 03 October 2009 - 04:16 PM

my friends used that tattoo concealer from sephora. it seemed to work for them but they all had small tattoo..not sure how big your are. if i were you i would give it a try and see how it goes!!! good luck!!!

#7 itsfinallyhere

• 573 posts

Posted 03 October 2009 - 09:03 PM

I went to MAC this weekend and the girl there had actually mentioned that their concealer (studio line) will cover tattoos. Hope this helps.

#8 Jessica

• VIP Member
                • 11,939 posts

Posted 03 October 2009 - 09:19 PM

Dermablend is pretty good. But why do you want to cover them up?

#9 MrsAiello2b

• 21 posts

Posted 04 October 2009 - 03:30 PM

I love my tattoos and have no problem with showing them...but I have just 1 on my arm that I don't want in my wedding pictures. I've had most of them since I was 18 and the one on my arm is my zodiac sign (looks like 69 so I've been told). I love them but just want the one covered for my pics that's all

#10 ~*Kathy*~

• 5,649 posts

Posted 04 October 2009 - 03:40 PM

Originally Posted by Future Mrs. Kt Ellis
                      Try Kat Von D's new tattoo concealer from Sephora. I've heard great things about it.
                      I was just about to suggest this as well, good luck! :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users