Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
PDCwedding

Post all your carry-on questions here * Carry-on wedding dress/luggage

Recommended Posts

doesn't matter if you tell the reservation agent on the phone because they will not relay the message. When you get to the airport look for the flight attendants before they board and politely ask one of them if it would be ok for you to hang your dress on the plane. I am sure they will accomadate you. They don't have too and I 've heard of brides (who weren't so nice) having to sit with their dress in their lap the whole way! Our flight attendant even gave us a bottle of champagne on the plane too :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSMAZE31 View Post
doesn't matter if you tell the reservation agent on the phone because they will not relay the message. When you get to the airport look for the flight attendants before they board and politely ask one of them if it would be ok for you to hang your dress on the plane. I am sure they will accomadate you. They don't have too and I 've heard of brides (who weren't so nice) having to sit with their dress in their lap the whole way! Our flight attendant even gave us a bottle of champagne on the plane too :)
It's true, a little courtesy and a smile can make a big difference. I get really uptight in airports just because everyone else is... but no one wants to accomodate a diva!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Were you allowed one carry-on bag & one personal item (backpack, purse or laptop case)?

 

The only time I've run into a problem with having a carry-on bag & a purse was in London Gatwick. They made you shove your purse in the carry-on, but mine was jam packed. Luckily Mike had space. These restrictions were not on our airline's website either.

 

So I thought the safest people to check with are those who recently flew out of the Cancun airport.

 

TIA!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

hi morg, we fly there and there are no restrictions that the airline has been made aware of. but then again, that's us, and not your airline, and you never can tell what restrictions a country will place on things like this, it may not be made available to the airline for the weirdest reasons. hopefully others will chime in with their experience. i guess thats not much help, but just so you know WE have no restrictions on carry-on's to CUN. :)

 

btw, what airline are you using?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougsGirl View Post
hi morg, we fly there and there are no restrictions that the airline has been made aware of. but then again, that's us, and not your airline, and you never can tell what restrictions a country will place on things like this, it may not be made available to the airline for the weirdest reasons. hopefully others will chime in with their experience. i guess thats not much help, but just so you know WE have no restrictions on carry-on's to CUN. :)

btw, what airline are you using?

us air. but wouldn't it be an airport wide restiction not airline specific? that's how it was in london. Everyone going through security had to stuff their purses in their carry-on. Some people couldn't make it fit & they were sent back to check the bag I guess. They left the line.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan View Post
us air. but wouldn't it be an airport wide restiction not airline specific?
generally it is an airline specific request, due to weight and balance reasons. i thought it was weird that it was the airport, but you know how whenever new security restrictions are "made" they take a few days for the entire world to jump on the bandwagon, so to speak? so i'm thinking maybe that time it happened to you maybe there was some security thing going on that day/week at gatwick.

i'm really curious to see what others have to say..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougsGirl View Post
generally it is an airline specific request, due to weight and balance reasons. i thought it was weird that it was the airport, but you know how whenever new security restrictions are "made" they take a few days for the entire world to jump on the bandwagon, so to speak? so i'm thinking maybe that time it happened to you maybe there was some security thing going on that day/week at gatwick.

i'm really curious to see what others have to say..
It was kind of strange. They had signs everywhere saying the restriction and security was being very strict about it. I felt like that was their top priority. Who cares if people have a knife, bomb, etc. Just make sure their purse fits in their carry-on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I bet the Gatwick airport wide restriction has more to do with increased security measures as a result of the near terrorist attack (like when they changed the rules to no liquids and gels).

 

I had no problems with my 2 carry-ons and one very large purse when I was in Cancun last month

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunBride View Post
I bet the Gatwick airport wide restriction has more to do with increased security measures as a result of the near terrorist attack (like when they changed the rules to no liquids and gels).

I had no problems with my 2 carry-ons and one very large purse when I was in Cancun last month
That's what I was thinking.

We never had any problems with 2 carry-ons at Cancun.

Gatwick definitely has some tighter security regulations including limited carry-on allowances.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by lambert13 View Post
That's what I was thinking.

We never had any problems with 2 carry-ons at Cancun.

Gatwick definitely has some tighter security regulations including limited carry-on allowances.
Thanks! sounds good then. We'll stick with our usually carry-on ammount then. I like to carry-on as much as possible because I know atleast that stuff will make it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×