Photo

2 weeks and 2 people in wedding party not booked!

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 DarcyJAde

DarcyJAde
  • 305 posts

Posted 24 September 2009 - 11:03 AM

We are leaving in 2 weeks. YAY! However, one of my bridesmaids and the best man (FI's brother.) The only 2 people coming that have given us a sort of ahrd time have not booked their trips yet. Intersting huh? I know my bridesmaid has been looking, but she keeps thinking the flights will go down now they are over $900 (we got ours for $445.) Not sure what is going on with the BM. I know his 2 kids aren't coming anymore. I want to be pissed, but right now I just think its funny. I wonder what will happen?
    http://img.weddingco...r/8vbdydmgt.png

[SIGPIC][SIGPIC][/SIGP
    [/SIGPIC] 40 PEOPLE BOOKED!!!

#2 da.shmoopies

da.shmoopies
    • 223 posts

Posted 24 September 2009 - 02:47 PM

One month before we are leaving, my MOH hadn't purchased a ticket. Tickets were 200 more than when we told her to purchase. I finally just had to ask if she was going. Answer was no. Unfortunately, my folks couldn't get the money back for the timeshare they reserved for her, we had purchased a dress already, and I purchased all her Bridesmaid gifts already. Such a hassle. I was fine with her not going if she couldn't go, but some advanced warning would have nice! Luckily, my sister is stepping in as a BM... it has been hard getting her a similar dress in such a short amount of time and we have to have one made! Ugh.

#3 SusieQ

SusieQ
      • 1,603 posts

Posted 24 September 2009 - 03:46 PM

Oh dear!!! both stories heartbreaking!!!! They should have been more upfront and honest sooner. Lucky I have no bridesmaid or groomsmen. We just said the hell with it and we'll have the bartender and the chambermaid sign for us if no one else goes. Don't let it get you down hun. Sending big hugs

#4 ~Stephanie~

~Stephanie~
        • 3,347 posts

Posted 24 September 2009 - 04:03 PM

I'm not sure how you are keeping it together, I'm so anal about everything, I would be freaking out! lol. And as my wedding gets closer and I have people like this I probably will! Hope everything works out!
          ~Stephanie

Our wedding websitewww.mywedding.com/stephanieandmichaelbailey

#5 Moonrhea

Moonrhea
          • 153 posts

Posted 24 September 2009 - 04:14 PM

Hey

We've had the same problem, a groomsmen and our mc's who haven't booked. The deadline to be included in our group, with our group rate was yesterday, so I doubt their coming though I still don't really know.

I love your attitude, cause it is kinda funny!!

Certainly see different peoples characters. On the otherside we have two friends who have a been ecstatic for us from the beginning who struggle with money normally but have spent the last 6 mths busting their butt and scrimping, just so they can attend.

hmmm!!

#6 SusieQ

SusieQ
            • 1,603 posts

Posted 24 September 2009 - 04:20 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by Moonrhea
              Hey

We've had the same problem, a groomsmen and our mc's who haven't booked. The deadline to be included in our group, with our group rate was yesterday, so I doubt their coming though I still don't really know.

I love your attitude, cause it is kinda funny!!

Certainly see different peoples characters. On the otherside we have two friends who have a been ecstatic for us from the beginning who struggle with money normally but have spent the last 6 mths busting their butt and scrimping, just so they can attend.

hmmm!!
              A little of topic but!!!! Same here I had my neighbour her when I told here the paln she said "I am in" . When she got the invite booked next day. same with another couple, good friends however not our family. They said when we annouced it was a DW they said "count us in". Same thing booked two days after they got their invite. I really have issues with people that can not "piss or get off the pot". Makes me nuts. Good luck hun

#7 DarcyJAde

DarcyJAde
              • 305 posts

Posted 24 September 2009 - 06:49 PM

At this point, we are leaving in 2 weeks. I am not counting on them. What can I do? I think they will feel bad when everyone else is there enjoying the tropics and they are not.
                http://img.weddingco...r/8vbdydmgt.png

[SIGPIC][SIGPIC][/SIGP
                [/SIGPIC] 40 PEOPLE BOOKED!!!

#8 Teebaga

Teebaga
                • 14 posts

Posted 24 September 2009 - 09:19 PM

We're having the same issue, my FI's sister is not committing, she and her husband are in the wedding party. My FI has absolutely no family attending so she's my only hope. It's hard to swallow when its your own family. We picked our date LAST October for January 2010... We allowed PLENTY of time for anyone who wanted to come to save... Like other brides above, we have random friends and friends of the family who booked the second the package was out... For my FI i'm really hoping they come through but at the same time I'm trying to prepare myself... We have 36 ppl booked and paid and none are from his side of the family...

#9 michelle6114

michelle6114
                  • 209 posts

Posted 24 September 2009 - 09:20 PM

My wedding is in two weeks also, and I don't think best man booked his stuff either. Everyone says he's laid back, but WTH
                    I feel your pain sister. I think I will much more laid back too when it comes to including these people in our lives.

#10 SunBride

SunBride
                    • 1,499 posts

Posted 24 September 2009 - 09:25 PM

good for you for keeping positive and laughing about it, a way better option that crying. Hope it all works out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users