Anyone using non-traditional music?

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#31 candicemarie

• 271 posts

Posted 19 September 2009 - 12:54 AM

Originally Posted by KittenHeart
    candicemarie, thank you!!

Yes, that's the version I want to use!! I love his voice :)
    *SWOON* me too!! I have the whole soundtrack on my iPod and listen to it at least once a week ha! Also, 'I Want to Hold Your Hand' by TV Carpio on that soundtrack is beautiful!

Originally Posted by kris
    Im walking down the isle to foxy lady by Jimi Hendrix and our first dance is to adam sandler singing I want to grow old with you. I DO NOT WANT TRADITIONAL!!!! Hahaha
    Awww! I love that adam sandler song!! Great choice!

#32 GracieBebe

• 354 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 01:31 PM

We used traditional music for the ceremony but did non-traditional music for our first dance, reception and last dance. Hubby and I are really into trance/techno so we chose Faces by Andy Moor and Ashley Walbridge for our 1st dance which hubby personally edited and mixed. Hubby created a set of 25 techno songs he also edited and mixed together that we gave to our DJ to play during the reception. Then our last dance song was Surreal by Jaren. It was the culmination of our entire wedding and reception and we felt that it represented our entire experience, how everything actually was so Surreal! For us, our special song was the last song more than our 1st dance song. :-)
      - Grace
      Location - Chateau de Challain, Challain la Potherie, France
      Engagement Date - Sept. 6, 2008
      Wedding Date - Sept. 9, 2009
      Our Pro wedding photo website:http://fanelliweddin....l&startIndex=0Our wedding planning website:http://www.mywedding...graceandmichael

#33 *Nadine*

• 5,466 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 03:33 PM

yah agree with some of the other girls.. I think most of the stuff you find on BDW is untraditional!
        Our bridal party (girls, not sure of guys yet) will walk to 'somewhere over the rainbow'
        I'll walk to 'Feels like home' - edwina hayes
        Recessional - 'I'm yours' (jason mraz)
        and i think our first dance will be 'In your eyes' - Jeffrey Gaines (as of today anyways)

#34 ~*Lisa*~

• 2,287 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 04:04 PM

ohhh great thread!

The only thing we have decided upon is that our first dance will me Jason Mraz - I'm Yours if we do a first dance. If we don't, then I'll find a place for it.

We also know that we really want to use the Black Eyed Peas - Tonight's Going to be a Good Night during the signing and walking down.

I also LOVE the soundtrack to Across the Universe and may decide to use one of the songs.

#35 xxashleyxx007

• 227 posts

Posted 24 September 2009 - 03:28 PM

LisaLoo - Oh I love the soundtrack to Across the Universe!!! I think we're going to use that version of All you need is love! We are also doing that Black Eyed Peas song for the reception entrance I think. Or Swagga like us. Don't know yet!

#36 ~*Lisa*~

• 2,287 posts

Posted 24 September 2009 - 03:51 PM

too many choices!!! lol

#37 Preciousmi811

• 342 posts

Posted 24 September 2009 - 08:20 PM

Great thread!!! I am torn as well. I think after we are announced I want "I can see clearly now" by bob marley, and for the bridal party to walk down the isle I was thinking somewhere over the rainbow the Hawaiian version, and for me to walk down who knows? For our first dance I wanted to do some sort of mix a slow song then shock everybody as we bust out a disco number!!! We will see I''m a trained dancer and my poor fiance can't clap to a beat so we will try to pull it off!
                One Love

ClubHotel Riu Negril May 14 2010 wedding date. Anyone want to share a photographer? I am flying my photographer out regardless, if you want to split travel cost let me know!!!!

Password: 12345http://gs105.photobu....are_email_albuhttp://tickers.Ticke...m/ezt...b2f9...

#38 *Heather*

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                • 9,532 posts

Posted 24 September 2009 - 09:28 PM

I think our songs are pretty untraditional also..

For my BM processional, we're using Maybe I'm Amazed, by Jem
                  For my processional, we're using Heartbeats by Jose Gonzalez
                  For the recessional, we're using You Make My Dreams Come True by Hall & Oates (woot)
                  and our first dance is Just Breathe by Pearl Jam.

#39 xxashleyxx007

• 227 posts

Posted 24 September 2009 - 09:35 PM

Great songs Heather!

#40 Outdoor_girl1010

• 657 posts

Posted 25 September 2009 - 10:30 AM

We are not doing a bridal party in the DR so when then guest are going to their seats we will have somewhere over the rainbow being played (50 1st dates)
                      For my processional I am still not sure what I will be using (I really like the Jason Mraz I'm yours Remix if I could take out the first 40 sec. I just like the back ground music better)
                      For our Recessional We will be using One love by bob marley

Our First dance will Be "Then by Brad Paisley" YouTube - Brad Paisley Then

Must have songs:
                      Black Eyed Peas - Tonight's Going to be a Good Night
                      YouTube - Black Eyed Peas - Tonight's Gonna Be a Good Night
                      YouTube - Beyonc© - Halo
                      T.I. - You can have whatever you like
                      YouTube - Whatever you Like - Lyrics [Description]
                      Zac Brown Band- Whatever it is
                      YouTube - Whatever It Is - Zac Brown Band
                      UB40 - Can't help falling in love
                      YouTube - UB40 CAN'T HELP FALLING IN LOVE
                      Uncle Kracker- Smile
                      YouTube - Uncle Kracker - Smile
                      Brad Paisley- She's Everything
                      I know there is a bunch more but those are what come to mind.
                      Cory & Jennifer
                      March 13, 2010Punta Cana D.R.!!http://i150.photobuc....3/IMG_6740.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users