Party when we get home....

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 angelalanahung

• 174 posts

Posted 12 September 2009 - 03:45 PM

Just a quick question..

We are going to have a party when we return for the guests that couldn't make the wedding. We are in the UK and our wedding is in Cancun!

My question is, should I wear my wedding dress at the party so my guests can see me in it?

What would you do?

Thanks! :)

#2 luciel2820

• 474 posts

Posted 12 September 2009 - 03:59 PM

its completely up to you, some ppl send a lot of money on their dress so they just wear it over.. but if you want to get another dress so you wont be seen in the same dress twice then thats also your call..

im also having an AHR but i havent picked out my dress, depending on how much is the dress i get i will decide if to get 2 or not

#3 Sheree10

• 1,026 posts

Posted 13 September 2009 - 05:39 PM

It depends on you but I would say wear the dress. Even if you wear it for a little to take some pictures with guests and change into something more comfortable.

BRIDE + GROOM + 60 GUESTS!!

#4 KarenM

• 1,920 posts

Posted 13 September 2009 - 06:33 PM

I'd say yes. It'll make it seem more like a reception & I'm sure all your guests that couldn't make it to your big day will love seeing you in your dress!

#5 Vikki

• 807 posts

Posted 13 September 2009 - 06:35 PM

That's a good question-I've been pondering it myself. I think my decision will be based on how my dress (and his suit) look after the TTD session.

#6 Stamperamma

• 432 posts

Posted 13 September 2009 - 06:38 PM

I am wearing mine, I picked up a trash the dress from E-bay that is similar in looks to my real dress so that I could wear mine again.

Just my 2 cents worth.

#7 CarlyChristine

• 160 posts

Posted 13 September 2009 - 07:25 PM

I think it depends on what type of party you're having and what the dress looks like. For instance, you may not want to wear a formal dress to a backyard cookout. In the end, it's up to you. It's a continuation of your special day. Feel free to rock whatever outfit you please. : )

#8 ~Debra~

• 500 posts

Posted 13 September 2009 - 07:46 PM

I would definitely wear it again! We just had our AHR and I wore my dress for the first 2 hours and then after all the formalities, I changed into a party dress.

#9 poohshek

• 1,456 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 08:03 AM

If we were to have a reception at "home/current city", I will definitely wear my wedding dress again! It is my dream dress!

#10 vlynnw

• 6,003 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 08:21 AM

It is entirely up to you. If you feel that it would be nice to wear your dress again then by all means do so. However, if you are planning on a simple reception back home with it not being too fancy or anything maybe you can consider wearing a white cocktail or sundress instead. I know that's what my plans are to try to keep it informal and wear something white just not "the dress" again.
                      Veronica & Adam - May 6, 2011 - Dreams Tulum

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users