This dress in Cancun?

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 angelalanahung

angelalanahung
  • 174 posts

Posted 12 September 2009 - 02:50 PM

Hi girls! :)

I am getting married at 1pm in May. I was considering getting married later in the day in the hope it would be cooler but I have looked at weather underground and the temperature only drop's 1 or 2 degrees so it's not going to make much difference.

I have got my dress and had got an underskirt to go with it so hopefully it will let in a little air.

Does anyone know how bad it will be in May? It is on the ocean so I am hoping there will be a breeze.

Do you think I am crazy for wanting to wear this dress? It is my dream dress!!! :)

Click the image to open in full size.

#2 Destination Scout

Destination Scout
    • 600 posts

Posted 12 September 2009 - 03:04 PM

It is an absolutely gorgeous dress. It will be hot and humid in May. It's a tough call really.

#3 Nadine2010

Nadine2010
      • 185 posts

Posted 12 September 2009 - 03:26 PM

That dress is gorgeous, but yes it will be quite hot in may. If its the dress you love i say go for it! Thats what will make you happy. Brides have done crazier things.

#4 adelaide

adelaide
        • 200 posts

Posted 12 September 2009 - 03:28 PM

OMG...Love it, love it, love it...

I say go for it!! I think you should wear what makes you the happiest! Maybe take a back-up "reception" dress in case you get crazy hot after the ceremony. My guess is that you won't even think about the heat :)

#5 Lara

Lara
          • 179 posts

Posted 12 September 2009 - 03:28 PM

I say go for it! The way I figure it, most of us are getting married in exotic locations with hot & humid weather, so we should just wear the dresses of our dreams no matter what!

#6 hockeymom97

hockeymom97
            • 2,458 posts

Posted 12 September 2009 - 03:29 PM

I think you should wear the dress that you LOVE and makes you feel beautiful :) I don't think you should have to choose a less formal dress just because you're on the beach - it's YOUR day! But I do think you should consider how you'll feel in the dress as well as how you look. For me personally, I know I get very crabby when I'm hot, lol - so I've been thinking about comfort as well when looking at dresses. No matter how good I look in a dress, I know I'd just be too miserable if I was hot and sweaty and that's no fun. But if you think you'll be comfortable in the dress - then I say go for it!
              Heather & Eric ~ May 5th, 2011 ~ Beaches Turks & Caicos

#7 Blkatz

Blkatz
              • 1,025 posts

Posted 12 September 2009 - 03:33 PM

while it can be hot in may you also have a very nice ocean breeze. we got married at 4 pm and it was not hot at all. If that is your dream dress than go for it!!!!

#8 angelalanahung

angelalanahung
                • 174 posts

Posted 12 September 2009 - 03:37 PM

Hi girls,

Thanks for all your replies :)

We will be outside for 1 hour and a half max including photos. Then off to an air conditioned restaurant

I am just praying there will be a breeze!! I wish the temperature would drop a bit more later in the day but it really doesn't make much difference

#9 FatCracker

FatCracker
                  • 192 posts

Posted 12 September 2009 - 05:46 PM

I agree it's absolutely gorgeous!

#10 roo66

roo66
                    • 1,001 posts

Posted 12 September 2009 - 05:58 PM

Your dress is very pretty and you loveee it so you should not give the heat another thought.If were honest were hot in our bikinis so were gunna be hot in any dress.We should consider ourselves lucky the guys are without exception going to be in shirts and long trousers.Weve got it easy LOL.I would much rather have the problem of heat than rain which is what id have if we were getting married in England.Seriously your dress is lovely dont worry another nerve on it xxxxx

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users