Jump to content


ROR question re: documentation

  • Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 pettytiffany

  • Newbie
  • 20 posts

    Posted 08 September 2009 - 09:17 PM

    I know that for civil & religious ceremonies you have to provide:
    Notarized birth certificate
    Notarized copies of birth certificates or driver's licence ect.

    Who can notarize these documents? Do the witnesses have to have the same documents notarized as well?

    #2 kitty_kat_uk

    • Jr. Member
    • 170 posts

      Posted 09 September 2009 - 07:56 AM

      our witnesses did not provide proof of who they were (passport/birth cert etc).

      Our birth cert and passport was photocopied by a solicitor and then he put an offical stamp on to say he had seen the originals. I then scanned and emailed. Chandlyn said this was fine, I didn't need to post it. (I'm from the England)

      #3 Pochaccobaby143

      • Newbie
      • 39 posts

        Posted 09 September 2009 - 09:08 AM

        Hi only the bride and groom have to provide documentation to Chhandlyn beforehand. I got copies of my birth certificate and passport notarized by a public notary. I actually emailed them to Chhandlyn and brought in the originals just in case. It was actually really easy. I chose the religious wedding. Hope this helps and congrats!! If you need anything else just ask. It's been 1 month since my wedding in ROR YAY!!!

        #4 pettytiffany

        • Newbie
        • 20 posts

          Posted 09 September 2009 - 12:26 PM

          Thanks ladies, I was starting to get a bit concerned on what exactly was required!

          #5 Pastryqueen_Tanya

          • Jr. Member
          • 417 posts

            Posted 03 January 2010 - 09:12 PM

            Thanks for the clairification

            #6 gabbya

            • Newbie
            • 27 posts

              Posted 03 January 2010 - 09:47 PM

              Hello, we emailed a scanned copy of the form that we got at the court house after the "legal" marriage. When we got down there they never asked for anything else. We also didn't send our form till 2 weeks before, but they had not asked for it prior or acknowledged that they received it so I wouldn't stress. :)

              #7 isaidyes

              • Jr. Member
              • 269 posts

                Posted 04 January 2010 - 02:06 AM

                We took ours to a lawyer to be notorized. We also just emailed them to her about 6 weeks before the wedding. I plan on bringing originals and copies down to Jamaica.

                #8 Loveisintheair

                • Jr. Member
                • 344 posts

                  Posted 14 January 2010 - 04:59 PM

                  Thanks. I didn't know you scan and e-mail. We mailed ours and waiting to find out if she received them . Scanning makes me more confident.

                  #9 mindylcarter

                  • Newbie
                  • 80 posts

                    Posted 06 February 2010 - 11:26 PM

                    I know in Mexico, the birth certificates, etc. have to be translated, and a blood test is required. Are these same fees involved in a Jamaican wedding? Thanks!

                    #10 saucysimone

                    • Newbie
                    • 18 posts

                      Posted 12 February 2010 - 01:28 AM

                      Does anyone know if the notary has to have a seal or stamp or is the signature sufficient. In Ontario, Canada, all lawyers are considered to be notaries. But not all lawyers have the seal/stamp.

                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users