• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 pettytiffany

pettytiffany
  • 20 posts

Posted 08 September 2009 - 09:17 PM

I know that for civil & religious ceremonies you have to provide:
    Notarized birth certificate
    Notarized copies of birth certificates or driver's licence ect.

Who can notarize these documents? Do the witnesses have to have the same documents notarized as well?

#2 kitty_kat_uk

kitty_kat_uk
    • 170 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 07:56 AM

our witnesses did not provide proof of who they were (passport/birth cert etc).

Our birth cert and passport was photocopied by a solicitor and then he put an offical stamp on to say he had seen the originals. I then scanned and emailed. Chandlyn said this was fine, I didn't need to post it. (I'm from the England)

#3 Pochaccobaby143

Pochaccobaby143
      • 39 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 09:08 AM

Hi only the bride and groom have to provide documentation to Chhandlyn beforehand. I got copies of my birth certificate and passport notarized by a public notary. I actually emailed them to Chhandlyn and brought in the originals just in case. It was actually really easy. I chose the religious wedding. Hope this helps and congrats!! If you need anything else just ask. It's been 1 month since my wedding in ROR YAY!!!

#4 pettytiffany

pettytiffany
        • 20 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 12:26 PM

Thanks ladies, I was starting to get a bit concerned on what exactly was required!

#5 Pastryqueen_Tanya

Pastryqueen_Tanya
          • 417 posts

Posted 03 January 2010 - 09:12 PM

Thanks for the clairification

#6 gabbya

gabbya
            • 27 posts

Posted 03 January 2010 - 09:47 PM

Hello, we emailed a scanned copy of the form that we got at the court house after the "legal" marriage. When we got down there they never asked for anything else. We also didn't send our form till 2 weeks before, but they had not asked for it prior or acknowledged that they received it so I wouldn't stress. :)

#7 isaidyes

isaidyes
              • 269 posts

Posted 04 January 2010 - 02:06 AM

We took ours to a lawyer to be notorized. We also just emailed them to her about 6 weeks before the wedding. I plan on bringing originals and copies down to Jamaica.

#8 Loveisintheair

Loveisintheair
                • 344 posts

Posted 14 January 2010 - 04:59 PM

Thanks. I didn't know you scan and e-mail. We mailed ours and waiting to find out if she received them . Scanning makes me more confident.

#9 mindylcarter

mindylcarter
                  • 80 posts

Posted 06 February 2010 - 11:26 PM

I know in Mexico, the birth certificates, etc. have to be translated, and a blood test is required. Are these same fees involved in a Jamaican wedding? Thanks!

#10 saucysimone

saucysimone
                    • 18 posts

Posted 12 February 2010 - 01:28 AM

Does anyone know if the notary has to have a seal or stamp or is the signature sufficient. In Ontario, Canada, all lawyers are considered to be notaries. But not all lawyers have the seal/stamp.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users