• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 jk1101

• 2,582 posts

Posted 08 September 2009 - 08:56 AM

FI and I ride a lot...we did a 10 day trip (over 2000 miles) in August throughb New Hampshire and Maine.
    This weekend we rode all over NJ and PA.
    I was wondering if there were others on here that rode (or ride on the back like me). I get a lot of thinking time in back there. It's such a great way to see the country!

The one thing I hate
    (and this is where it becomes a vent)
    is when we tell people we are going riding, and they say
    "Oh , I just heard about so and so getting killed on a motorcycle", or "I just heard about this fatal motorcycle accident".
    When I tell you I'm driving to work every day you don't tell me about the 15 car accidents yesterday!!!!

#2 vlynnw

• 6,003 posts

Posted 08 September 2009 - 09:24 AM

FI and I used to ride but he actually ended up selling his bike last year to help save some money for awhile. It is a lot of fun, but I know what you mean about people bringing up motorcycle accidents.
      Veronica & Adam - May 6, 2011 - Dreams Tulum

#3 NJ Hunnie

NJ Hunnie
      • 436 posts

Posted 08 September 2009 - 10:17 AM

I ride and I love it!! Although, I don't get out as often as I like because of work and I have a daughter.

#4 Jamaica0619

• 475 posts

Posted 08 September 2009 - 12:22 PM

My DH and I ride. Well, same as you, I ride on the back. We haven't done as much riding the past couple of years becuase of our work schedules. But, we both enjoy it.

I'm with you. I can't tell you how many times I hear about how dangerous they are.
          Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend. ~ Albert Camas

#5 TammyB

• 10,630 posts

Posted 08 September 2009 - 12:40 PM

Hubby and I ride, we actually went for a long bike ride (well long for us, like 4 hours. lol) this past Friday. Hubby just got his bike late last year so we are still building up to a longer ride. It's fun though

#6 Outdoor_girl1010

• 657 posts

Posted 08 September 2009 - 12:48 PM

I ride. I sold my bike when I got out of the Army about year and half ago, but there were no long rides for me because I had a street bike. I think the longest I rode was maybe 2 hours, it was a group ride.
              Cory & Jennifer
              March 13, 2010Punta Cana D.R.!!http://i150.photobuc....3/IMG_6740.jpg

#7 mswhatever

• 475 posts

Posted 08 September 2009 - 01:05 PM

We both ride our own bikes. We have 6 right now. I will never sell my custom build. The others come and go. I do on rare occasion ride on the back, but prefer to ride my own. Control issues!!

#8 ebredhawk

• 949 posts

Posted 08 September 2009 - 03:19 PM

that drives me crazy when people say that! the idiots that don't take any precautions and drive like maniacs are the ones who give everyone else a bad image.

FI and i go on rides with my FSIL and FBIL every once in a while and it is so peaceful! i can't believe you guys did a 10 day ride!!! do you have a group of people you go with?

#9 jk1101

• 2,582 posts

Posted 08 September 2009 - 07:11 PM

6 bikes mswhatever? I can't tell FI - He'll be jealous. We only have 3! He wanted me to get my own but I don't trust myself to ride myself. He's bought and sold 2 since I met him and I bought him one for his birthday.

Erin we ride a lot by ourselves but sometimes with others. The 10 day trip was just the 2 of us. We rode to the top of Mt Washington in New Hampshire, which is the highest point on the East Coast. No guard rails and very twisty but so much fun. Riding in New England was amazing because it's just so gorgeous up there!

We have a couple of friends that we'll do day trips with.
                    Next month we're going on a group ride with people from a motorcycle magazine and a bunch of his cousins from Virginia in Lancaster, PA.

It is the most peaceful feeling....lately I've been listening to my wedding playlist on my ipod and imagining the wedding!

#10 GracieBebe

• 354 posts

Posted 19 September 2009 - 10:34 AM

My hubby also rides and I like to ride behind him. We have a bike at home that we ride when we have a chance. Also, for our wedding week, we rented a classic harley for 2 days to take some cool wedding photos on the first day and take a ride in the countryside of France the 2nd day. Javon, our photographer, was amazing and did some pretty creative shots for us! I can't wait till we get to see the pics!!!
                      - Grace
                      Location - Chateau de Challain, Challain la Potherie, France
                      Engagement Date - Sept. 6, 2008
                      Wedding Date - Sept. 9, 2009
                      Our Pro wedding photo website:http://fanelliweddin....l&startIndex=0Our wedding planning website:http://www.mywedding...graceandmichael

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users