Heres a yummy recipe for grilled artichokes. When I get chokes at work, I always get more than I really need for dinner so that I can have some left over chokes to use for this recipe:
**They get yummier the longer they marinate!
4 size 24 or 30 artichokes
¼ cup balsamic vinegar
2 T water
¼ cup soy sauce
1 T minced ginger
1 T minced garlic
½ cup olive oil
1. Slice artichoke tops off crosswise to remove tips; discard. Trim stem.
2. Boil or steam artichoke until bottoms pierce easily, or a petal pulls off easily.
3. Drain artichokes. Cool. Cut each artichoke in half lengthwise and scrape out fuzzy center and any purple tipped petals.
4. Combine remaining ingredients in bowl or large zip lock plastic bag. Mix well.
5. Add artichokes to marinade. Marinade 5 to 10 minutes turning often.
6. Place cut side down on a grill over a solid bed of medium coals or a gas grill on medium. Baste with remaining marinade. Grill until lightly browned on the cut side, 5 to 7 minutes.
7. Turn artichokes over and drizzle remaining marinade onto them. Grill until petal tips are lightly charred, 3 to 4 minutes.
8. May be served hot or cold with your favorite dipping sauce or mayo.