Photo

Beach towels as favors

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#11 Quyen

Quyen
  • 38 posts

Posted 08 September 2009 - 07:26 PM

I like the towels idea but I was afraid that it's gonna take up too much room in the suitcases

#12 dolfinluck

dolfinluck
    • 2,424 posts

Posted 08 September 2009 - 07:56 PM

We are doing towels and maybe mugs as well. I got kohl's "the big one" beach towel for less than $6 per towel. I tried walmart (went to 3 different ones) for the $3 towel but were all gone.

#13 Jamaica0619

Jamaica0619
      • 475 posts

Posted 08 September 2009 - 08:42 PM

I did customized towels via towels 4 less. The quality was good. I went with the cheapest towels they offer. So, they were basic, but nice. I had them embroider them with one of thier basic, standard designs with just "Jamaica" underneath. I figured they would make good souvenirs for my guests. A couple of them used them for off-resort tours.
        Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend. ~ Albert Camas

#14 Flasong

Flasong
        • 340 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 12:57 AM

I plan on giving the oot bags to people before we get there (or at airport....we have alot of people flying w/ us) so I don't have to lug everything down to Jamaica in my own suitcase!

#15 *Meagan*

*Meagan*
          • 5,521 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 01:33 AM

I was thinking about towels as well! My concern is the amount of space they take up!

#16 smith3576

smith3576
            • 290 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 10:49 AM

We got beach towels as a favor when we went to a DW as a guest and we loved them! They were bigger than the hotel ones, and it was easy to spot guests. And we use them all the time now. I would do it but we are having too many people and I am worried about space.

Old Navy had some on sale a few weeks ago for like $2.50 or $3.
              We're married! Jamie

#17 Jesdinan

Jesdinan
              • 48 posts

Posted 18 September 2009 - 12:03 AM

I ordered beach towels from towelmania.com for $3.99 each. I haven't received them yet but I am excited. I am planning on using space bags to transport them to Mexico! it won't help with the weight but it should help with the space issues!

#18 Flasong

Flasong
                • 340 posts

Posted 19 September 2009 - 10:40 AM

OMG good idea with the space bags! I never thought of that! I received our towels yesterday and they look awesome! We ordered the embroidered velour towels with palm trees on it and Runaway Bay, Jamaica with our wedding date. We did not put our names on them so our guests can reuse them after this trip. We used towels 4 less and they were great to work with.

#19 Patti

Patti
                  • 555 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 02:51 PM

I didn't have much luck finding beach towels locally at this late date, but ordered some really cute ones from Bed, Bath and Beyond for $7.99 each. They were bright colors and had one row of starfish embroidered across them. I also ordered some striped ones from Target, 2 for $12.99. I haven't received them yet, but plan to have the location embroidered on them, possibly the date. We're only having 11 guests and didn't want to buy very many. I also bought some really nice beach bags at Walmart for just $5.00 last week. They came in multiple colors, some solid and some stripe. I went to a couple of Walmarts and they each had a very good supply.

#20 Boston Bride 2009

Boston Bride 2009
                    • 268 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 03:14 PM

I ordered our beach towels from Beach Towels wholesale manufacturer of plain and custom embroidery towel and I think they are very nice. I didn't have anything embroidered. For $144 I got 24 towels and shipping. Not to bad. I need more towels because we have some last minute guests so you're suggestions are helpful.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users