Photo

Beach towels as favors

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 Flasong

Flasong
  • 340 posts

Posted 06 September 2009 - 03:40 PM

How many of you bought beach towels as favors? And what was the average cost? I am already buying mugs so I am unsure if I want to do towels as well but they are something that can be reused. We have approx 16 people traveling to Jamaica for our wedding and thought it would be a nice touch.

Thanks for any insight to help ease my mind!

#2 Stamperamma

Stamperamma
    • 432 posts

Posted 06 September 2009 - 03:53 PM

We bought beach towels, they are on sale now for $4.00 so we could not resist. It helped fill the bag and we liked the colors.

Dea

#3 Flasong

Flasong
      • 340 posts

Posted 06 September 2009 - 04:02 PM

Where did you buy them? Did you have them embroidered or customized in any way?

#4 karenk77

karenk77
        • 369 posts

Posted 06 September 2009 - 04:14 PM

I was thinking that but then i thought all hotels provide towels anyway so i didnt know if it made sense..im looking into personalized hats maybe

#5 Flasong

Flasong
          • 340 posts

Posted 06 September 2009 - 04:22 PM

Karen, I was thinking that too but thought with our towels we could see where everyone was at the pool etc...our group's towels would be different than the resorts. Last year me and FI went to the Bahamas with another couple and our four towels we brought really stood out from the plain yellow ones the resort offered.

#6 *Karla*

*Karla*
            • 4,854 posts

Posted 06 September 2009 - 04:30 PM

I bought towels a couple weeks ago when they were on clearance from Wal-Mart. I paid $3 per towel http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t47562

#7 karenk77

karenk77
              • 369 posts

Posted 06 September 2009 - 04:31 PM

no i think its an awesome idea originally i thought it too..that was just my only though against it.
                check out another posting this girl had pashminas with their name around it..sooo pretty let me see if i can find it for you..and theres another chapstick idea going around which is awesome..and if there is anything else you're doing let me know because i am at a loss for ideas lol

#8 Flasong

Flasong
                • 340 posts

Posted 06 September 2009 - 08:22 PM

Well I don't have much time left and don't want to stress out too much over this. Gonna keep it simple and do a tote/beach bag, mugs, maybe a towel (embroidered), and small stuff like aloe, advil, etc etc. I loved the bookmark idea and I may attempt to make those...oh and the room key/money holder I will add. I'm not a big crafty person but would like to do something nice for the people who are joinging us. I saw a pic of a chapstick from someone's oot bag..not sure how they did it? lol

#9 kpuckrin

kpuckrin
                  • 258 posts

Posted 06 September 2009 - 10:19 PM

I included both mugs and beach towels in our OOT bags (along with other items). I ordered the towels from this place.

Untitled Document

The quality was quite good.

#10 Flasong

Flasong
                    • 340 posts

Posted 08 September 2009 - 06:03 PM

So I decided to order my towels from towels 4 less which is the same place as kpuckrin..they have been great to work with and very reasonable. I will let you know how they turn out when they arrive:)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users