• Please log in to reply
83 replies to this topic

#21 Geralyn

Geralyn
  • 2,677 posts

Posted 12 October 2009 - 05:49 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Scott-Pierre
    The wedding coordinator from the ROR told me it should take 2-3 months for us to receive ours. Does anyone know if we can use the Certified Copy of the Marriage Register that you sign during the ceremony to change your name? It does say it is a certified copy? I really wanted to get on my hubby's insurance before the end of the year.
    I tried to use it at both the DMV and SS office. It worked at the SS but not the DMV so now I am waiting...it's so annoying!

#22 Flasong

Flasong
    • 340 posts

Posted 12 October 2009 - 06:51 PM

oh I will be bookmarking this as well since I leave next week for our big day in Jamaica..we are getting married at Breezes Runaway Bay so lets see if the WC are whats causing the delay.........

#23 KHarrod

KHarrod
      • 902 posts

Posted 12 October 2009 - 11:34 PM

I was able to change my license and Social Security card without the certified marriage license from ROR

#24 drbrainfreeze

drbrainfreeze
        • 813 posts

Posted 13 October 2009 - 08:29 AM

Quote:
          The wedding coordinator from the ROR told me it should take 2-3 months for us to receive ours. Does anyone know if we can use the Certified Copy of the Marriage Register that you sign during the ceremony to change your name? It does say it is a certified copy? I really wanted to get on my hubby's insurance before the end of the year.
          I was able to take care of insurance without the official one with no problem. I didn't even try with SS or license. Going to finally take care of SS today.

#25 Scott-Pierre

Scott-Pierre
          • 456 posts

Posted 13 October 2009 - 11:03 AM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by KHarrod
            I was able to change my license and Social Security card without the certified marriage license from ROR
            Good to know! I may try my luck with it!

#26 Scott-Pierre

Scott-Pierre
            • 456 posts

Posted 13 October 2009 - 11:04 AM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by drbrainfreeze
              I was able to take care of insurance without the official one with no problem. I didn't even try with SS or license. Going to finally take care of SS today.
              Thanks for the info about insurance! I will see if my hubby's insurance will take me.

#27 isaidyes

isaidyes
              • 269 posts

Posted 15 October 2009 - 08:05 PM

Thanks for sharing

#28 Jamaica0619

Jamaica0619
                • 475 posts

Posted 15 October 2009 - 08:22 PM

Quote:
                  Thanks for the info about insurance! I will see if my hubby's insurance will take me.

I'll agree with what others have said. I had no problem with insurance without the official certificate.
                  Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend. ~ Albert Camas

#29 CHAKLIT

CHAKLIT
                  • 260 posts

Posted 16 October 2009 - 09:43 PM

Good link!!!
                    I've booked Heather Parker for my photographer for my April 2, 2011 wedding in Ochi Rios, Jamaica. If anyone is getting married in Jamaica days before or after me and is interested sharing her travel expenses to save few wedding budget bucks, let me know. Take a look at her work for Moon Dance...

#30 ~*petals*~

~*petals*~
                    • 1,572 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 10:34 PM

Hey Ladies,
                      Just a quick update... today I heard from the registrar's office that they located my wedding in the system, and they've sent for the record to be located. (Mind you I received my copy from the resort, about 3 weeks ago)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users