Sign in to follow this  
~*petals*~

Getting a copy of your Jamaica Marriage Certificate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott-Pierre View Post
The wedding coordinator from the ROR told me it should take 2-3 months for us to receive ours. Does anyone know if we can use the Certified Copy of the Marriage Register that you sign during the ceremony to change your name? It does say it is a certified copy? I really wanted to get on my hubby's insurance before the end of the year.
I tried to use it at both the DMV and SS office. It worked at the SS but not the DMV so now I am waiting...it's so annoying!

oh I will be bookmarking this as well since I leave next week for our big day in Jamaica..we are getting married at Breezes Runaway Bay so lets see if the WC are whats causing the delay.........

Quote:
The wedding coordinator from the ROR told me it should take 2-3 months for us to receive ours. Does anyone know if we can use the Certified Copy of the Marriage Register that you sign during the ceremony to change your name? It does say it is a certified copy? I really wanted to get on my hubby's insurance before the end of the year.
I was able to take care of insurance without the official one with no problem. I didn't even try with SS or license. Going to finally take care of SS today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drbrainfreeze View Post
I was able to take care of insurance without the official one with no problem. I didn't even try with SS or license. Going to finally take care of SS today.
Thanks for the info about insurance! I will see if my hubby's insurance will take me.

Quote:
Thanks for the info about insurance! I will see if my hubby's insurance will take me.

I'll agree with what others have said. I had no problem with insurance without the official certificate.

Hey Ladies,

Just a quick update... today I heard from the registrar's office that they located my wedding in the system, and they've sent for the record to be located. (Mind you I received my copy from the resort, about 3 weeks ago)