Jump to content

Photo

#19 on the way for Duggars


  • Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#11 michelle6114

michelle6114
  • Jr. Member
  • 209 posts

    Posted 01 September 2009 - 12:45 PM

    Am I the only one who finds this disgusting? The world is already over-populated. Can you imagine if each of these 19 kids aim to "contribute" to society like their mom? Sorry, but I think she should have just been happy with the 18 she already has, and be grateful that she's still healthy.

    #12 FoxyBride

    FoxyBride
    • Member
    • 609 posts

      Posted 01 September 2009 - 01:18 PM

      Quote:
      Originally Posted by michelle6114
      Am I the only one who finds this disgusting? The world is already over-populated. Can you imagine if each of these 19 kids aim to "contribute" to society like their mom? Sorry, but I think she should have just been happy with the 18 she already has, and be grateful that she's still healthy.
      The world is over-populated?

      #13 Alyssa

      Alyssa
      • Sr. Member
      • 11,793 posts

        Posted 01 September 2009 - 01:21 PM

        Quote:
        Originally Posted by michelle6114
        Am I the only one who finds this disgusting? The world is already over-populated. Can you imagine if each of these 19 kids aim to "contribute" to society like their mom? Sorry, but I think she should have just been happy with the 18 she already has, and be grateful that she's still healthy.
        hhmmmm you mean like how they contribute to society doing charity and missionary work? like how they work through their church to help other people who are less fortunate than them? those bastards!! lol

        that is pretty ignorant IMO to say when a woman should be "grateful" and has enough children - she doesn't use welfare to feed / cloth / educate them - what the hell?

        #14 LisaG

        LisaG
        • VIP Member
        • 7,839 posts

          Posted 01 September 2009 - 01:49 PM

          I love that family!

          Disgusting never crossed my mind. The world in over-populated? hummm....

          #15 Lady_Di

          Lady_Di
          • Sr. Member
          • 5,078 posts

            Posted 01 September 2009 - 01:54 PM

            they're crazy...enough said. lol

            i can't see myself giving birth to one kid, much less 19 kids! Lol

            #16 michelle6114

            michelle6114
            • Jr. Member
            • 209 posts

              Posted 01 September 2009 - 02:09 PM

              Quote:
              Originally Posted by Alyssa
              hhmmmm you mean like how they contribute to society doing charity and missionary work? like how they work through their church to help other people who are less fortunate than them? those bastards!! lol

              that is pretty ignorant IMO to say when a woman should be "grateful" and has enough children - she doesn't use welfare to feed / cloth / educate them - what the hell?
              Ignorant? I don't think so. This woman has 18 emotionally, developmentally, physically healthy children ALREADY and should not take that for granted. Do you know how many children are born with disabilities today? Do you know the amount of stress it causes for a family when a child has a disability, how the other children get shorted attention and other basic needs? I'm just saying, god forbid the new baby is born with down syndrome or autism. Since she is doing such a "balanced" job (ahem) with the 18 kids, what should happen if one is not perfect like the rest? Will she pass it off to one of her teenage daughters to care for, and rush to get pregnant again?
              Do the math...there are only 24 hours in a day, minus about 6 or 7 for sleep. These kids are lucky if they get 20 minutes each a day of individual attention from their parents.

              #17 Alyssa

              Alyssa
              • Sr. Member
              • 11,793 posts

                Posted 01 September 2009 - 02:28 PM

                Quote:
                Originally Posted by michelle6114
                Ignorant? I don't think so. This woman has 18 emotionally, developmentally, physically healthy children ALREADY and should not take that for granted.
                Do you know how many children are born with disabilities today? Do you know the amount of stress it causes for a family when a child has a disability, how the other children get shorted attention and other basic needs? I'm just saying, god forbid the new baby is born with down syndrome or autism. Since she is doing such a "balanced" job (ahem) with the 18 kids, what should happen if one is not perfect like the rest? Will she pass it off to one of her teenage daughters to care for, and rush to get pregnant again?
                Do the math...there are only 24 hours in a day, minus about 6 or 7 for sleep. These kids are lucky if they get 20 minutes each a day of individual attention from their parents.
                Michelle,
                you make a lot of assumptions that are not based on fact - neither of us live in their house or are friends with them - I think it is ignorant (my opinion) to "assume" and "judge" them based on opinion, assumptions, etc. and not fact.

                You have no idea how they would react if they had a child with a disability - why assume the worst? they clearly have done great so far!

                and as for doing the math - that is your math - again you don't live with them or have ANY intimate knowledge of how they do things so to assume they get 20 min a day is crazy to me.

                they have older children and younger children who have different needs - this isn't Octomom with tons of infants running around demanding to be fed and changed at the same time.

                frankly i am not interested in going back and forth with you - you are entitled to your opinion as i am to mine - i just don't make a habit of throwing at judgements and assumptions that are not based on fact.

                #18 Christine

                Christine
                • VIP Member
                • 21,514 posts
                • Wedding Date:July 20, 2007
                • Wedding Location:Napa, California
                • LocationReno, NV

                Posted 01 September 2009 - 02:31 PM

                Michelle out of curiosity have you ever watched their show. They all seem incredibly happy and Michelle Duggar has mentioned more than once she realizes that her fertile years are coming to a close and she and her husband don't actively try for pregnancy (in fact if you read the article she didn't even realize she was pregnant). The had a miscarriage early on in their marriage after she took birth control for the first time and so for her that is not an option.

                I am pretty sure they are not overpopulating Arkansas, pretty sure that Arkansas has plenty of room for them.

                All the children have been asked if they will have a lot of kids as well and most of them have said no they will not, in fact the son who just got married said they do not want as big of a family.

                The parents have taught all the kids to be financially smart, and to not go into debt with large families so while in most situations we think things like this are crazy with the Duggars I don't find it disgusting. Octomom on the other hand who is taking handouts from every direction that is disgusting.
                Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!

                #19 michelle6114

                michelle6114
                • Jr. Member
                • 209 posts

                  Posted 01 September 2009 - 02:53 PM

                  I have seen the show. If it's true that most of their kids have stated that they don't want big families, well I think that says something right there. If they feel neglected or lost in the mix, I doubt they would be telling the tv crew that, anyway.
                  As a parent of an 11yr old girl with autism, I see how some other women take their own and their childrens health for granted, and it makes me mad. I don't feel a woman can be a good or productive parent if her time is stretched that thin. This is why I myself, have not had another child yet, since I know my daughter requires an huge percentage of my time. I can't imagine feeling like a productive parent even if I had 4 healthy, stable kids. I also dont understand how the Duggars don't seem to mind what a physical and emotional toll it is to put your body through 9 months of pregnancy. How can she be contributing to everyday child care if she is constantly pregnant?
                  Whatever. These are my opinions and no one should take them personally.

                  #20 sarafish81

                  sarafish81
                  • Jr. Member
                  • 353 posts

                    Posted 01 September 2009 - 03:55 PM

                    I read in People magazine (online) that they have been married for just over 25 years. I can't imagine being pregnant almost every year for that many years! That being said, good on them for raising their kids with values and respect. Even DH watches the show when it's on.... sometimes!




                    0 user(s) are reading this topic

                    0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users