Sign in to follow this  
MexicoBeachBride2010

How to Get Sand Ceremony Home

Quote:
Originally Posted by wemkulaf View Post
If you search online for sand ceremony kits, there are several with lids that can be used to transport it back home with you as carry on.
ooohhh, what a great idea, thanks!smile29.gif

caribbeanlover - if you find it in Canada post it here, I am from Canada and looking for something like this! I have had sand taken at customs and wondered about this, since I am dead set on doing it!! :) I'd like the jar, but the frame is very very nice as well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsbride2010 View Post
caribbeanlover - if you find it in Canada post it here, I am from Canada and looking for something like this! I have had sand taken at customs and wondered about this, since I am dead set on doing it!! :) I'd like the jar, but the frame is very very nice as well!
I'm on the look out, I will let you know as soon as I find it. ooohh N.S!!! My FI was born there, last year his parents moved back (lunenburg) we were there in Aug. It's sooooo beautiful, i want to move there lol!

Has anyone from Canada actually tried taking the sand back in their carry on? I was talking to my friend whose boyfriend works for Canadian Customs and he said that they would take it if you brought it in your carry on.

My question is even if you get a lid, wont the sand still mix if you pack it in your suitcase? I really really want to do a sand ceremony, so I hope there is some magical way out there to get your sand home!

Thing is your not allow to take sand from the beach home. Nor sea shells.

But it might be totaly different, they probably have alot of brides go through with different color sand, they realize we didn't take it from the beach. I read somewhere on here a bride had no problem taking back her sand from the ceremony. I highly doubt there is a way not to get the sand mix up tho on your way home. Who knows, maybe it'll look better!

I was at Michael's today and they have these vases (40% off right now!) that I think would work really well for the sand ceremony. They are two panes of glass with a metal design in the middle where you're supposed to pour the water. But it would be great for sand! The effect would be "floating" sand. THere are different metal designs (rectangle, hourglass, hearts, etc.) that would shape the sand differently. It would be very easy to fill it to the top of the metal shape and then tape over the top to keep the sand in. I'll have to see if I can get a picture of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smith3576 View Post
I was at Michael's today and they have these vases (40% off right now!) that I think would work really well for the sand ceremony. They are two panes of glass with a metal design in the middle where you're supposed to pour the water. But it would be great for sand! The effect would be "floating" sand. THere are different metal designs (rectangle, hourglass, hearts, etc.) that would shape the sand differently. It would be very easy to fill it to the top of the metal shape and then tape over the top to keep the sand in. I'll have to see if I can get a picture of it.
thanks so much for sharing, I'm heading tomorrow for a 2 hour drive to go to Michaels I will def check that out!