Photo

Group Excursions in Riviera Maya - Any ideas??

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#11 Married_In_Maui

Married_In_Maui
  • 929 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 09:35 AM

For any brides looking for a catamaran charter company, a great one is Cancun Catamarans, Cancun Catamaran Tours, Cancun Sailing, Sailboats in Cancun, Yachts and Deep Sea Fishing Charters.. Sooooooo much fun & reasonable prices!!

#12 KittenHeart

KittenHeart
    • 3,103 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 10:59 AM

Amy, thank you! I've been wanting to do a zip line excursion badly so this helps a lot!

#13 AmyandRich

AmyandRich
      • 344 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 05:35 PM

KittenHeart-
        At Hidden Worlds they have 2 zip lines.... a long that you have to climb up to a platform to get to and a zip line that splashes down into a cenote. This one was really fun!! Hidden Worlds also has a jugle canopy cycle.... you get onto a bike ontraption attached to a cable and pedal over the jungle. This was very peaceful. The staff at this place really made the excursion wonderful as well.
        Which resort are getting married at??
        Amy

#14 AmyandRich

AmyandRich
        • 344 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 05:37 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Married_In_Maui
          For any brides looking for a catamaran charter company, a great one is Cancun Catamarans, Cancun Catamaran Tours, Cancun Sailing, Sailboats in Cancun, Yachts and Deep Sea Fishing Charters.. Sooooooo much fun & reasonable prices!!
          Thank you! I will look into this company for sure! Have you personally sailed with them?

Amy

#15 KittenHeart

KittenHeart
          • 3,103 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 05:59 PM

Amy - Perfect! I love the zip line into the Cenote, that's literally exactly what I wanted.

I am getting married @ Azul Sensatori, just outside of Cancun.

I'm Amy too :)

#16 AmyandRich

AmyandRich
            • 344 posts

Posted 28 August 2009 - 05:47 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by KittenHeart
              Amy - Perfect! I love the zip line into the Cenote, that's literally exactly what I wanted.

I am getting married @ Azul Sensatori, just outside of Cancun.

I'm Amy too :)
              I hear wonderful things about that resort!! Congrats!!

There is a zip line company closer to where you are staying, but I haven't been to it, so I don't know if it is worth it. Maybe trip advisor can help.

#17 KittenHeart

KittenHeart
              • 3,103 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 04:59 PM

Thank you!!

Oh that's good to know, I'm not too familiar with the area surrounding my resort so I'll look into finding once closer.

Thanks again, Amy <---- my name as well

#18 AmyandRich

AmyandRich
                • 344 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 09:33 PM

Amy - - sorry! didn't catch your name in the other post! Guess I need to pay better attention to detail!

#19 smckinney22

smckinney22
                  • 185 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 09:58 PM

Also check out Alltournative - Off Track Adventures I went last year and it was a blast! There's such a variety of things you do and it's such a unique tour that you feel like you're the only ones who get to experience it. It's done in smaller groups so you really get to enjoy all the things they offer. Here's a list of what you do on the tour.

Walk through their forest, learning of the local fauna and flora
                    Enjoy a zip-line, flying over an incredibly beautiful Cenote
                    Rappel down into another Cenote
                    Canoe/kayak on a wonderful lagoon
                    Enjoy a refreshing swim (in a fresh water sink hole blessed by shamen)
                    Enjoy a delicious lunch prepared by the local Maya women

#20 candicemarie

candicemarie
                    • 271 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 10:41 PM

Great ideas, ladies! I'm trying to put the local activities list together for our website so all this is way helpful! I didn't even think to check tripadvisor for other stuff besides hotels. Thank you!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users