Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

Recommended Posts

hi Kathryn, i am soooooooo excited! it's so nice to speak to someone who's going to have the same challenges as i have (i.e. getting everything 4500 miles across the ocean!) haha!

 

what date is your wedding? when did you book?

 

We booked back in June 2009. We thought we'd have about 20 people come but we've got 35 so far.

 

I spoke to the WC and once you have OVER 35 people you have to have a private event. One of my 35 will be 18 months old, and another will be only 2, so i might get away with two more, but after that its definitely a private event.

 

how are you booking? if you have a group contract you can get free events, which is brilliant. we didn't do that and im kicking myself now! to have the cocktail reception adn private event i want is going to cost another $2880 sad.gif such a pain!! but then i do want lots of people to come so im just going to have to swallow the cost!

 

what kind of wedding are you planning on having? We're getting married on the beach at 4pm. if we dont haev the cocktail reception and private event then we're going to go to The Caribbean Terrace Sushi Bar after the ceremony for drinks etc, then at 7pm go for dinner at The Caribbean Restaurant El Caribeno, where we have to have a set menu. but it looks good!

 

we ummm'd and ahhh'd about a photographer, because i have a small budget, but we've got with a Moon Palace photographer. package D. this is $505 (us$) and includes photos of the service and after group shots, 62 printed pictures at 6x8 and a CD of all the photos. good i think!

 

we're also having the resort DVD man to record the ceremony :)

 

what have you done so far?

 

i got my dress (not traditional! floor length lemon chiffon dress) and i've got my MOH and Flower girls dresses too. MY H2B is meant to be sorting the suits for him and his BM and the Dad's, but i haven't seen anything on that yet! haha!

 

are you having a party once you're home?!

 

sorry i've bombarded you with questions!! x

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Which is a better location for the reception? The Lake Terrace or the Tucan Terrace?

 

My travel agent asked which one and we were on the phone so I quickly said the Tucan Gazebo and Tucan Terrace, with cocktail hour in the Tucan garden. I loved Mrseddy's pics! I don't know exactly how many people are coming we are up to 40 so far... I expect about 60 people. Is that too much time in the Tucan section? Is it too small for that many people to dance? HELP!!!!smile41.gif There are 3 other brides on my date so I want to pick now so that I can get what I want.

 

Good luck FutureMsMoulton!!! Everything will be wonderful!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodsylou View Post
hi Kathryn, i am soooooooo excited! it's so nice to speak to someone who's going to have the same challenges as i have (i.e. getting everything 4500 miles across the ocean!) haha!

what date is your wedding? when did you book?

We booked back in June 2009. We thought we'd have about 20 people come but we've got 35 so far.

I spoke to the WC and once you have OVER 35 people you have to have a private event. One of my 35 will be 18 months old, and another will be only 2, so i might get away with two more, but after that its definitely a private event.

how are you booking? if you have a group contract you can get free events, which is brilliant. we didn't do that and im kicking myself now! to have the cocktail reception adn private event i want is going to cost another $2880 sad.gif such a pain!! but then i do want lots of people to come so im just going to have to swallow the cost!

what kind of wedding are you planning on having? We're getting married on the beach at 4pm. if we dont haev the cocktail reception and private event then we're going to go to The Caribbean Terrace Sushi Bar after the ceremony for drinks etc, then at 7pm go for dinner at The Caribbean Restaurant El Caribeno, where we have to have a set menu. but it looks good!

we ummm'd and ahhh'd about a photographer, because i have a small budget, but we've got with a Moon Palace photographer. package D. this is $505 (us$) and includes photos of the service and after group shots, 62 printed pictures at 6x8 and a CD of all the photos. good i think!

we're also having the resort DVD man to record the ceremony :)

what have you done so far?

i got my dress (not traditional! floor length lemon chiffon dress) and i've got my MOH and Flower girls dresses too. MY H2B is meant to be sorting the suits for him and his BM and the Dad's, but i haven't seen anything on that yet! haha!

are you having a party once you're home?!

sorry i've bombarded you with questions!! x

Yea it's reassuring to know that we are in the same boat! I'm really excited too!! Our wedding is 20th October at 1pm and we booked in December. We went to cancun in October last year and fell in love, we stopped at riu palace last time tho but the moon palace just seemed more equipped for weddings!

Everyone has booked separate now which is annoying that we don't get the freebies! Especially as more people start to book up but oh well :)

We're getting married in a gazebo - i think i may have a choice? i'm not too sure! i think i've seen a review for one of the beach weddings, until that I didn't know that they did them! have you sorted all the colours and layout that you want? how did you know what restaurant to go with?

I'm not the most organised so we decided on the diamond package because it included everything we'd want and it was easier - bad i know! My h2b is now coming around to my idea of maybe having a private reception there, he wanted to read through our contract earlier and start thinking about prices etc so that's a good start! has your WC been really helpful? i haven't had any interaction with anyone so far! apart from taking my payment and confirmation :)

so I haven't done very much so far, i ordered my dress last saturday - thank god! it was a stress but once i ordered it i instantly felt relieved! i'm sure lemon will go really nice with the beautiful sunny mexican back drop! has your h2b decided what colour he's going for? we're just sorting our my h2b now as well as the bridesmaids so i'm happy we can start organising a few more things - i kinda put everthing on hold until my dress was done!

the reception is booked for when we get back! are you having one? its prob going to cost more than the wedding (gulp!) but i think that it'll be worth it! and i'll get to wear my dress again! yipee!

I just wrote a much more detailed reply however I lost it!! very frustrating!!x

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by kathryn190 View Post
Yea it's reassuring to know that we are in the same boat! I'm really excited too!! Our wedding is 20th October at 1pm and we booked in December. We went to cancun in October last year and fell in love, we stopped at riu palace last time tho but the moon palace just seemed more equipped for weddings!

Everyone has booked separate now which is annoying that we don't get the freebies! Especially as more people start to book up but oh well :)

We're getting married in a gazebo - i think i may have a choice? i'm not too sure! i think i've seen a review for one of the beach weddings, until that I didn't know that they did them! have you sorted all the colours and layout that you want? how did you know what restaurant to go with?

I'm not the most organised so we decided on the diamond package because it included everything we'd want and it was easier - bad i know! My h2b is now coming around to my idea of maybe having a private reception there, he wanted to read through our contract earlier and start thinking about prices etc so that's a good start! has your WC been really helpful? i haven't had any interaction with anyone so far! apart from taking my payment and confirmation :)

so I haven't done very much so far, i ordered my dress last saturday - thank god! it was a stress but once i ordered it i instantly felt relieved! i'm sure lemon will go really nice with the beautiful sunny mexican back drop! has your h2b decided what colour he's going for? we're just sorting our my h2b now as well as the bridesmaids so i'm happy we can start organising a few more things - i kinda put everthing on hold until my dress was done!

the reception is booked for when we get back! are you having one? its prob going to cost more than the wedding (gulp!) but i think that it'll be worth it! and i'll get to wear my dress again! yipee!

I just wrote a much more detailed reply however I lost it!! very frustrating!!x
I am happy for you Kathryn190. My Wedding is Nov 14 at 3pm. I think I'm starting to stress out. The only things I have done so far is book the resort, get mt dress, and send out my save the dates. So we are kinda on the same page with our planning so far. Well Congrats happy planning.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by anabrina View Post
I am happy for you Kathryn190. My Wedding is Nov 14 at 3pm. I think I'm starting to stress out. The only things I have done so far is book the resort, get mt dress, and send out my save the dates. So we are kinda on the same page with our planning so far. Well Congrats happy planning.
Hi Anabrina,
it's nice to know we're not alone! congratulations to you too! We've sent out invites out and didn't do Save the date, but only because we are so far away alot of people preferred to book up sooner rather than later. So what dress did you decide on? i found that such a hard decision to make!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Congratulations FutureMsMoulton and TonyandTricia!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 

How exciting that you are only days away! It is good to see some new members joining our thread.....and exciting to think you two are just about to finally enjoy all your work and planning! I can't wait to see pictures and read your reviews...as you know we desperatley need some new info on MP! The reviews thread is just loaded with reviews of Dreams and Riu.....so come on MP brides...have a WONDERFUL time, don't stress and dish up when you get back!

 

Take care you two!!!

Chelle

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You're almost there FutureMsMoulton and TonyandTricia! How exciting!!! Good luck! I'm sure everything will turn out beautifully!

 

I hope I didn't order my flyboy petals too early. They were on sale for 50% off (very berry) so I had to get them! My wedding is still 2 months away so hopefully they will be ok until then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×