Photo

February 2010 brides

• Please log in to reply
2780 replies to this topic

#1351 vdaybride

vdaybride
  • 1,412 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 04:46 AM

FutureMG..."on scholarship" LOL love that!!! we have about 8 people on the scholarship program as well.

I must have been drinking the heavy koolaid.. I was mistaken on the cost of bridesmaid bouquets at my resort!! they are $15 each, I misread the line item in the spreadsheet they sent me. The corsages are $7.50 each, not 15 each! duh.. with that being said the bouts are $6more than the real touch I was going to purchase, but all in all though, the prices are so similar, I decided to just use real flowers. My bags are bulging as it is. I don't want to go through all the hassle of ordering and waiting and hoping I like the final product to save $12! Doesn't make sense in my head.

NOOOOO Brooke! No Mexican jails, lets make a pact LOL.

Ladies, sooooo we are planning a meet up where and when, let's start getting some ideas together starting in MARCH, I can't handle another thing right now, lol.

Shells we are getting close girlie! super excited

Susie sending a big hug... just because I want to darnit!
    Married 2-14-2010 Dreams, Los Cabos

#1352 vdaybride

vdaybride
    • 1,412 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 05:06 AM

OHHHHH Brooke, I just read a great review of your resort... man!

http://bestdestinati....vy-pics-53639/ ENJOY!
      Married 2-14-2010 Dreams, Los Cabos

#1353 SusieQ

SusieQ
      • 1,603 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 05:46 AM

Timberly you're a doll...
        Susie sending a big hug... just because I want to darnit!

I am super excited this morning at 3.36am I am awake after 4 hours sleep...What the hell!!! I actually am very excited I got a text about 1am that the house i was working on with an agent sold in the weee hours of the morning. It was a back and fort all evening because the couple that is selling the house is leaving on vacation today.

Funny when FI and I bought this house it ended up the back and fort until 2am and I remember our agent being at my house at 3am in the morning finalizing papers. I thought that was a rare occurance, i guess it happens more than you think.

Ok we'll not have any off our gals going to jail... At least not a Mexican one!!!!

Yes we do need to plan to hook up gals... When we get back from our wedding lets start the ball rolling. I had a thought that I actually have room here at my house for about 8 people. I have a pool and a hot tub... pool after June rolls in.. However not much night life in my town and I am 40 minutes from downtown Toronto... we'll think about it....

#1354 svetayasofiya

svetayasofiya
        • 590 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 11:52 AM

Guys, I am 15 pages behind!!!! HELP

Miss you all

#1355 Meyer2010

Meyer2010
          • 429 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 12:21 PM

Hey girls! I'm back in China and need to get caught up on all the gossip! Two good things happened today-

1st - booked our photographer (Ivan Luckie) and I feel great about it
            2nd - 5 weeks from today is our wedding day and I'm so giddy about it

I just realized last week that all of my guests are flying in on Superbowl Sunday afternoon. I need to email the resort to see if they will be playing it at one of the bars.

Is anyone having last minute guests book and still getting quotes? I am excited for more people to book but at the same time it's driving me crazy not knowing how many guests I will have since we are 5 weeks away. Ahhhh.....

I'm off to bed, have a good day girls!

xo

~ Erica

#1356 svetayasofiya

svetayasofiya
            • 590 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 12:35 PM

OMIGOD Erica is back!!!!! I am was getting worried about you!!! Nice to see you again!

I don't have any last minute guests yet... I am trying to get one of my best friends from home to come but we'll see. Right now we are 5 perfect round tables of 8! So any additions will screw that up, but I think it's a good problem to have.

#1357 *Krista*

*Krista*
              • 819 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 01:41 PM

Wow! Lots of new ladies on this thread! That's awesome!

Welcome Kim, it sounds like you are in high gear! I think making the list will definitely help - and also try to remember to enjoy everything you are doing! :) And definitely focus on the positive people who are celebrating the fact that you are getting married!

Welcome Robyn! I too was mistaken to think that this destination wedding stuff is easier...it seems to be pretty tricky! But the way I see it is, if a DW is this hard, imagine how hard a wedding at home would be! YIKES!

Hi Julie! Welcome back! Hope your planning has been going well!

Susie - I like your 2cents! :) and stupid stew...lol....I have a few I could add!

Raykel - That's a big PITA with those extra 20 guests suddenly wanting to come! I would definitely start asking those 20 people about their exact travel/flight plans (aka if they have actually booked), so that you can determine whether they are actually coming or not.

It's hump day ladies - 1 more day till Friday!! I accomplished starting and almost finishing my checklists for what to do before wedding, what to do for travel to Mexico, and what to pack. That was a big project! I'm almost done my music list too! :)
                July 10, 2010 ~ This was the day I married my best friend, the one I laugh with, live for, and love... ~ Mrs. Allen

#1358 Tinkatude

Tinkatude
                • 35 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 02:52 PM

Good Afternoon Ladies,

Thank you for all your help... Here is another question for you.
                  (Mexico brides) I read somewhere with all the stuff you are bringing
                  that you need a receipt to show in the airport to customs in case they
                  stop you. I am not sure how many of you have been to your
                  actual resorts yet. I have been to Aventura Spa about 5 times
                  which is why we choose the place. It's our spot. Anyways, when
                  you get to the stop light if you hit it on red they pull you over and
                  I have seen people stopped and searched and they turn your luggage
                  upside down.. and I am thinking of you dont have proof of purchase
                  etc... they might take your items away... Do you ladies know anything
                  about this?

Just a thought.. bit fuzzy today I just woke up!

Kim ;-)

#1359 *Krista*

*Krista*
                  • 819 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 04:56 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Tinkatude
                    Good Afternoon Ladies,

Thank you for all your help... Here is another question for you.
                    (Mexico brides) I read somewhere with all the stuff you are bringing
                    that you need a receipt to show in the airport to customs in case they
                    stop you. I am not sure how many of you have been to your
                    actual resorts yet. I have been to Aventura Spa about 5 times
                    which is why we choose the place. It's our spot. Anyways, when
                    you get to the stop light if you hit it on red they pull you over and
                    I have seen people stopped and searched and they turn your luggage
                    upside down.. and I am thinking of you dont have proof of purchase
                    etc... they might take your items away... Do you ladies know anything
                    about this?

Just a thought.. bit fuzzy today I just woke up!

Kim ;-)
                    Hi Kim,

Yes, I've heard of this too. I plan to bring all receipts for anything I'm bringing with me that is for the wedding (and that I have lots of), OOT Bag contents, decos, etc.
                    July 10, 2010 ~ This was the day I married my best friend, the one I laugh with, live for, and love... ~ Mrs. Allen

#1360 Tinkatude

Tinkatude
                    • 35 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 05:38 PM

What kind of decorations is everyone bringing? I know some of you are bringing your real touch flowers..and I thought of it..and I might just order one bouquet for me.. I would like to keep my own flowers.. but what else? besides the OOT bags... which I started finally..im still lost obviously..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users