Photo

When to book photographer

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 robinkar

robinkar
  • 65 posts

Posted 12 August 2009 - 09:53 PM

Just wondering when is it best to book the photographer. We have booked the resort and have the date but still have not totally decided on the wedding package.
    Do you think that we should be trying to contact the resort photographer now.

#2 Dmitri_Markine

Dmitri_Markine
    • Vendor
    • 2,782 posts

Posted 12 August 2009 - 10:52 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by robinkar
      Just wondering when is it best to book the photographer. We have booked the resort and have the date but still have not totally decided on the wedding package.
      Because resort photographers do a lot of weddings on the same day and there are usually more than 1 photographer, you don't really need to book too far in advance. If one is not available, they'll just find some one else. Not all the resorts are like that of course, but most of them are. In a lot of cases you don't know who will be shooting your wedding or see the images they produce up until you arrive. Even then sometimes they will show what those photographers can produce and not necessary the work of certain photographers. It also depends on how many weddings that particular resort handle. If it's 5-6, then perhaps you shouldn't wait TOO long. If 1-2 then you are pretty much guaranteed to have someone there.

#3 Kyky

Kyky
      • 5 posts

Posted 12 August 2009 - 11:10 PM

Thanks for that question that is one thing that I have been thinking about today too. I have just emailed two photographers for a price list....here's to hoping they don't break the budget.

#4 MexicoBeachBride2010

MexicoBeachBride2010
        • 280 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 08:52 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by robinkar
          I would book ASAP if possible. Dates/times can fill up quickly and you want to make sure you get whoever you want to do your wedding. I'd rather be overeager and early than letting it go and booking later.

#5 robinkar

robinkar
          • 65 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 09:12 PM

Kyky,
            It looks as though you are at the same resort only the other side. I'd be interested in any information that you receive regarding the photographer. Was it the resort photographer that you approached.

#6 floridagyrl82

floridagyrl82
            • 8 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 11:53 PM

You read my mind, I was just wondering the same thing. We booked the date and resort. Now I'm wondering how soon we should book a photographer. What do you ladies think?

#7 Outdoor_girl1010

Outdoor_girl1010
              • 657 posts

Posted 18 August 2009 - 10:02 AM

If you are wanting to use a photographer that is not part of the resort I would book as soon as you have your day set.
                Cory & Jennifer
                March 13, 2010Punta Cana D.R.!!http://i150.photobuc....3/IMG_6740.jpg

#8 xxashleyxx007

xxashleyxx007
                • 227 posts

Posted 18 August 2009 - 11:42 AM

For the photog I wanted, I had to book more than a year before our date, there was already someone who had booked her and I was soooo sad! But then she called me a few weeks later and told me that they had dropped out from that date and decided on the weekend before... SO I got her!!! This was back in June 09, and we aren't getting married until Oct. 2010!! It really depends on how many people they have on staff for a company or if you have your mind set on one photog. I would do it ASAP now that you have your date and venue booked.

#9 NaM

NaM
                  • 2,256 posts

Posted 18 August 2009 - 11:47 AM

I'll just add to what everyone else has said. ASAP if you want an outside photographer, the good ones tend to book quickly and most operate on a first come first serve basis.
                    If you are using a resort photog I don't think there is any rush. Just let your WC that's what you will be doing and I think they should get it all set up for you.
                    Who are you looking at booking!?!

#10 Caribe

Caribe
                    • Banned
                    • 69 posts

Posted 18 August 2009 - 06:36 PM

I would book as soon as you have your day set , dan you have sure the Photographer you want.And must not looking in the last minute ,and you can look out who i ts your wedding photographs !

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users