Jump to content
RCBlondie

Dreams Riviera Cancun - Brides post here (new thread)

Recommended Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cathyandchin View Post
OMG! this is such a good idea!! :-D Are you mailing them off to your guests or do most of them live nearby to be personally delivered?
What are huggies? I'm picturing diapers but somehow I don't think that's quite right... LOL!
haha yeah, i guess some call them koozies... i just didnt know what to call them! we are going to personally deliver the baskets to our guests for the most part. that will make it more personal and show them that we are excited that they are making the trip to watch us get married:)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by cathyandchin View Post
Nicole,
You mentioned menu cards... is this for your reception? Are your guests choosing their meal at the actual dinner or before hand? I have no idea how this part is done! I wasn't sure if I need to send out an additional insert with the invitation or to put it on our wedding website.

Cathy
Hi Cathy!

We are anticipating a pretty large group...and will more then likely have to go with the buffet option. I'm planning on having my food choices picked prior to leaving...so I can print out what will be served on a menu card and bring with me. If for some reason I can't decide on the food before we leave I guess I will just scrap the whole menu card idea :)

My understanding is you are going with a gold or silver dinner option for a private reception....everyone will be served the same meal...outside of special conditions (i.e. vegetarians). If you are not doing a private reception and will be celebrating in one of the restaurants...it's my understanding that your guests can order whatever they want off of the menu....so it probably wouldn't be possible to make menu cards.

Hope that helps!!
Nicole

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by nbills511 View Post
Hi Cathy!

We are anticipating a pretty large group...and will more then likely have to go with the buffet option. I'm planning on having my food choices picked prior to leaving...so I can print out what will be served on a menu card and bring with me. If for some reason I can't decide on the food before we leave I guess I will just scrap the whole menu card idea :)

My understanding is you are going with a gold or silver dinner option for a private reception....everyone will be served the same meal...outside of special conditions (i.e. vegetarians). If you are not doing a private reception and will be celebrating in one of the restaurants...it's my understanding that your guests can order whatever they want off of the menu....so it probably wouldn't be possible to make menu cards.

Hope that helps!!
Nicole
Nicole:
Thanks!! I didn't even think that everyone would be served the same thing... just slipped past my mind! But that's even better... I've noticed that when given a choice, people tend to waffle about the whole thing so I'm better off just choosing for everyone! OOOOOH how I love to be in charge :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello everyone - we just booked our date w/ Ana today - 10/4/10. We will be bringing approximately 14 people with us. Our travel agent, who is also my bff and maid of honor blocked off rooms for our group today...this is beginning to be real! I had hoped that my other bff, who is also a professional photographer, would be traveling with us as well, but she is now blessed with child and will deliver about a month before our wedding, so I doubt she will be able to come now. So, I will be trying to communicate with other girls who may be bringing their own photographer the week of 10/1-10/8 and want to share costs. I have been on the forums for about a month now, and have found everything from BD photos (which I didn't know existed and now I'm so excited to do mine and have them bound into a book!) to discounted wedding dresses from overseas to lots of reviews about the resort. I know I have so much more to find out, but isn't planning half the fun?!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ladies - How many of you are paying for the DJ and how many of you are just bringing an Ipod? I'm struggling with this because the DJ is so expensive, but I feel like if he's good could really make the wedding FUN. But I'm a big fan of photography.. and I feel like to maintain our budget I either can get the photographer I really want, or the DJ - but not both. And I feel a little selfish because I know our guests would enjoy the DJ far more than they will about a great photographer being there!

 

What are your thoughts and what are you going with?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashlynn039 View Post
Ladies - How many of you are paying for the DJ and how many of you are just bringing an Ipod? I'm struggling with this because the DJ is so expensive, but I feel like if he's good could really make the wedding FUN. But I'm a big fan of photography.. and I feel like to maintain our budget I either can get the photographer I really want, or the DJ - but not both. And I feel a little selfish because I know our guests would enjoy the DJ far more than they will about a great photographer being there!

What are your thoughts and what are you going with?
Hi Ashlynn! I totally understand where you are coming from! I have decided to go with the resort photographer(as many people have seemed very pleased with their pics). I will have prob 25 people at my wedding and debating whether to do the dj or ipod. I would love to have a dj but it costs so much and would it be odd to have a dj for such a small crowd?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by t1219 View Post
Hi Ashlynn! I totally understand where you are coming from! I have decided to go with the resort photographer(as many people have seemed very pleased with their pics). I will have prob 25 people at my wedding and debating whether to do the dj or ipod. I would love to have a dj but it costs so much and would it be odd to have a dj for such a small crowd?
Are we allowed to use an Ipod? Does anyone have any information about that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by t1219 View Post
Hi Ashlynn! I totally understand where you are coming from! I have decided to go with the resort photographer(as many people have seemed very pleased with their pics). I will have prob 25 people at my wedding and debating whether to do the dj or ipod. I would love to have a dj but it costs so much and would it be odd to have a dj for such a small crowd?
Girls- I too, am struggling with this. I cant reason spending this much on a DJ with a smaller crowd (especially when I know they JACK up the prices) My only fear with an IPOD is the transition of things... for example- who will announce us and the Bridal Party when we walk in? Who will switch it from lower key music (dinner) to the Party music? Who will switch our 1st dance, Father/Daugher, etc dances... and so on. Having a DJ will just make things go so much more smoothly it seems. Thoughts?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ashlynn:

 

We were going back and forth about the Dj vs Ipod also. We're going to have around 15-25 people and just can't justify spending the money on it. I would rather have photography that we can take back with us and the upside is that we can pick all of our own music. I'm not sure if I should bring Cds or an ipod though. It says cds on the wedding extras page for Dreams Cancun, so that might just be easier.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdsjcr View Post
Girls- I too, am struggling with this. I cant reason spending this much on a DJ with a smaller crowd (especially when I know they JACK up the prices) My only fear with an IPOD is the transition of things... for example- who will announce us and the Bridal Party when we walk in? Who will switch it from lower key music (dinner) to the Party music? Who will switch our 1st dance, Father/Daugher, etc dances... and so on. Having a DJ will just make things go so much more smoothly it seems. Thoughts?


In the wedding info on the website it states that you're paying $180 per hour for Cds with music technician that will control all of it. I wish I could get ahold of Ana to confirm this but she hasn't replied to my emails for over a month now...... sad.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



×
×
  • Create New...