Photo

Dreams Riviera Cancun - Brides post here (new thread)

• Please log in to reply
12141 replies to this topic

#941 ebernard4985

ebernard4985
  • 252 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 03:55 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by lstaff
    For those that are concerned with the privacy of the ceremony, my TA heard back from Ana about that issue, and Ana said replied that they are working on the privacy issue and they have signals of some sort to close that area and she would close the area off for every wedding.
    This is excellent to know! I figured that if this is the only issue, I can get my family members to reserve the areas near the ceremony so there are not random people all around!

#942 roxmysockz

roxmysockz
    • 418 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 03:55 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by Chelsey & Travis
      roxmysockz:

I just booked my wedding for 11-5-10. When my TA checked (a couple of weeks ago), there were only about 5 slots open for the entire months of October and November.

Hopefully this helps to give you some idea...
      Oh no!!! Now im worried!

Can I book directly with Ana or does it need to be through a TA?

Thanks x

#943 Boo

Boo
      • 785 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 05:29 PM

rox you should speak to Ana about availability, time of day for the ceremony still available, and location that is available and when

Ana's contact is "Ana Ma. Cruz" <Weddings@dreamsrivieracancun.com.mx> I found her to actually be quite prompt with responces, she doesnt respond to everything, ha ha, but she does respond

#944 Boo

Boo
        • 785 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 05:32 PM

5 spots only available though? yikes

as far as the cost of the food and drinks at an all inclusive, I was super surprised too when I first learnt that I would have to pay for dinner at an all inclusive - kinda counter intuitive isnt it? - but going thru some of the planning process realized just how much more staff they need to set aside just for the party with set up and take down and all that good stuff - so it still sucks but is somewhat understandable :)

#945 roxmysockz

roxmysockz
          • 418 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 07:03 PM

Thanks Boo - I mailed her initally about the location for the wedding and she replied very quickly saying it was being moved and she had only 2 cancellations out of 200+ weddings

I emailed about 5 days ago asking about booking for 2011 and no reply though

#946 t1219

t1219
            • 310 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 08:04 PM

I have been waiting for a week to hear back from her and still no word. Trying to lock down our date and send in our deposit....very frustrating.

#947 Chelsey & Travis

Chelsey & Travis
              • 96 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 09:45 PM

I'm sure that you can book either way. I just went through a TA b/c I was booking my trip for me and offered to check for me. Good luck with finding a date! If you're flexible, I'm sure you won't have any troubles!

#948 Chelsey & Travis

Chelsey & Travis
                • 96 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 09:59 PM

I know, I'm hoping that there is an option to just eat together instead of having a formal dinner. My friend just got married at another resort and they simply set aside a section of a restaurant for her with her cake everything preset. I'm hoping for something like that...

#949 Boo

Boo
                  • 785 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 12:28 PM

A week, yikes that is a long time to wait for feedback, only thought is maybe with it being a bit more far off in 2011, that is more attentive to those whose weddings are coming up over the next couple of months more - I have heard she gets better closer to

I have attached the deck set up I pretty much want to replecate but got quoted a crazy amount for the brown chairs - have any of you girls managed to find it cheaper than USD 7 per chair?

On the positive side those overlays were quoted at USD 10, a much better bang for the buck in my opinion

Happy planning!

Attached Files

#950 saymyname74

saymyname74
                    • 86 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 02:44 PM

I got an email from her today saying that she was off site until Saturday. That is when she will be back in.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users