Photo

Dreams Riviera Cancun - Brides post here (new thread)

• Please log in to reply
12142 replies to this topic

#8231 MarryMeMexico

MarryMeMexico
  • 8 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 09:11 PM

Yasmina told me it was $250 to decorate that! Isn't that crazy! So I asked her to clarify, since the white fabric appears in all of the promotional pictures on the Dreams websites and brochures, and she said that was free. But she told me that even if I brought my own fabric, they'd charge me to put it up... FYI, I don't want you to get stuck with any surprise charges... we are just sticking with white and I bought colored chair sashes on Amazon that Yasmina did say they'd affix to the chairs for free, and I am bringing my own pom-pom/kissing balls to decorate the area. Let me know if they told you they wouldn't charge you! 

Originally Posted by Ariane1126 

What kind of fabric is everyone getting for decorating the chuppah? Or ru just sticking with the white that comes with the packages?

#8232 Dominique 161

Dominique 161
    • 236 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 12:07 AM

I think we're just sticking with the white drapes that are included ... The beach will be beauitful just as it is

Originally Posted by Ariane1126 

What kind of fabric is everyone getting for decorating the chuppah? Or ru just sticking with the white that comes with the packages?

#8233 aimeelaco28

aimeelaco28
      • 83 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 06:01 AM

Does anyone know the cost of Buffet?

#8234 Soon2bMrsLozada

Soon2bMrsLozada
        • 36 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 06:29 AM

Does anyone know the cost for people coming to your wedding that are staying at another hotel?

#8235 Dominique 161

Dominique 161
          • 236 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 07:51 AM

The wedding day pass is $55

Originally Posted by Soon2bMrsLozada 

Does anyone know the cost for people coming to your wedding that are staying at another hotel?

#8236 Soon2bMrsLozada

Soon2bMrsLozada
            • 36 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 08:05 AM

The wedding day pass is $55

ThAnks!

#8237 Kthorpe

Kthorpe
              • 19 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 11:11 AM

Hey Ladies!

Im getting married at DRC next year and I had some questions for the brides!

1. I am interested in having a party after the ceremony and not the formal sit down dinner.  My family are more cocktails and apps then they are formal sit down.  Does anyone know if you can trade in the dinner for one of the packages and extend it to cocktails and apps?

2. My wedding date is May 3, 2013 and I was wondering what time of day is best to married on the beach.  My TA told me the wedding coordinator says 5 pm but I was thinking that was a little late?

3. I am having such a hard time choosing from the flowers they have and colors for my wedding...any suggestions?

HELP!!!

Thanks!

Kara

#8238 WPGBride

WPGBride
                • 203 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 08:06 PM

Hey Kthorpe, Congrats!

1. I was told by Gina, my WC that you can only trade the same category for each other. So reception food fo cocktail apps seems like the same category for me. Now the question would be how much it adds up to exactly. I would ask your WC this question.

2. I'm getting married May 10, 2012 and we are having a 4pm wedding. A 5pm wedding is actually a more perfect time for me I think. Because the sun sets at about 7pm. So just when you are starting your reception it should be getting dark.

3. As for colours it is really up to you in what you like. All brides on here have different styles and tastes.

Happy Wedding Planning

Originally Posted by Kthorpe 

Hey Ladies!

Im getting married at DRC next year and I had some questions for the brides!

1. I am interested in having a party after the ceremony and not the formal sit down dinner.  My family are more cocktails and apps then they are formal sit down.  Does anyone know if you can trade in the dinner for one of the packages and extend it to cocktails and apps?

2. My wedding date is May 3, 2013 and I was wondering what time of day is best to married on the beach.  My TA told me the wedding coordinator says 5 pm but I was thinking that was a little late?

3. I am having such a hard time choosing from the flowers they have and colors for my wedding...any suggestions?

HELP!!!

Thanks!

Kara

#8239 WPGBride

WPGBride
                  • 203 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 08:11 PM

Oh has anyone heard from Gina at all. Its been over 2 weeks since I last heard from her and it is aggravating me! We're getting married in just over a month and still need so many questions answered!

#8240 juliej84

juliej84
                    • 57 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 04:12 AM

I haven't heard from Gina either in over two weeks--I am sure they are very busy. I hope we hear from her soon!!

Originally Posted by WPGBride 

Oh has anyone heard from Gina at all. Its been over 2 weeks since I last heard from her and it is aggravating me! We're getting married in just over a month and still need so many questions answered!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users