Photo

Dreams Riviera Cancun - Brides post here (new thread)

• Please log in to reply
12142 replies to this topic

#8071 WPGBride

WPGBride
  • 203 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 07:44 PM

Thank you so much, I will definatly apply for this promotion. I just hope my TA will give me the info cuz he's kind of a dick. I'm sure he will tell me that I'm not eligable and not want to give me the confimation numbers. So I'll just ask him for them and he can't refuse right ? Plus good TA's should make you aware of these promotions, should they not ?

Originally Posted by mrskatieperry 

I forget who had asked about the "6th room free" but here is a link to the promotions page on the website http://dreamsresorts...ial-offers.html.

There are some dates it's not valid which could be why some of you haven't been offered the promotion.  Good luck!

Katie

#8072 WPGBride

WPGBride
    • 203 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 07:53 PM

Hmm that is a good question too. I am having the Ultimate package and just assumed they would make my appointment for me but I guess I'm wrong eh.

As for the day before, I think we will spend the night together and maybe spend the morning with the ladies who have come. My mother in law is very traditional and I'm sure she would expect it to be like that

Originally Posted by Ariane1126 

Ladies a few questions,

1. How many hours before your ceremony begins ru making your apt for the spa? our ceremony is at 5 so i was thinking around 1 or is that to early?

2. What ru doing the day of the wedding? Is everyone separating from your man for the day or doing stuff together?

THanks!

Attached Files

#8073 Judany

Judany
      • 51 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 07:11 AM

Hi Lindsey,

We are in central NJ.  I finally got my date booked May 18, 2013.  Excited!  I have to call them anyway they charged my card twice.  My wedding planner is going to be Gina.  I just designed my save the dates and ordered them through Vistaprint.  Let the planning begin!

Originally Posted by LindseyM 

Where in NJ are you?  We're in NJ too!  We're getting married this July!  I booked in person so I can't help as far as that goes.  I would recommend calling to book though.  Good luck!

Attached Files

#8074 RollerBride

RollerBride
        • 204 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 09:46 AM

This is great! I'm coo-coo for mustaches, so i loved your key chains and favors.  Are your bouquets satin? They look great. I tried to browse her page, but she is out on maternity leave. I'm going to try making my own bouquet from shells, like another bride on here is doing. I'm using this picture as my inspiration:

Good Evening!

So I said I was going to create a blog about Traveling to Mexico and all the little tidbits that I can gather to help everyone out.

Please add to your favorites as I will be power packing in info as much as I can before I leave and TONS more once I arrive back.

here is my first post on Shopping on Etsy.com

http://thetravelingb...c.blogspot.com/

Kip & Kate

August 4, 2012

Dreams Riviera Cancun

www.kipandkateswedding.com

30 guests

#8075 jkhowell

jkhowell
          • 121 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 07:53 PM

Hey Ladies....Just got back from our wedding at DRC and our honeymoon at Secrets Maroma!!! It was amazing....but lots to review/say. Dont have time for a review right now, but if you have any questions, I can try an answer them. Ps. DJ Mauricio Neri was amazing and I was really nervous about using him but I was super impressed!!

Bud and Jackie
            Dreams Riviera Cancun
            2-24-12

#8076 MCree

MCree
            • 276 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 07:11 AM

Congrats!! Not sure if this is your same situation, but a quick FYI to you and any other who may encounter the same situation - I recently got my date booked/ card charged as well, and it showed a total of $6392.80 when she sent me my receipt.  Anyways, I was only expecting a $500 charge to be seen as a down payment for our ultimate wedding package but because the package is $2999 I figured that maybe I had gotten charged twice?!  So anyways, I huffed and puffed until I was able to get a hold of them.  Come to find out, the $6392.80 was in pesos . . . i was only charged $500, but the receipt had no conversion or currency symbol shown except $ which apparently stands for pesos as well as USD. Silly mistake on my part I guess, but figured I would share to spare someone else from the same misunderstanding. 

Originally Posted by Judany riteen  

Hi Lindsey,

We are in central NJ.  I finally got my date booked May 18, 2013.  Excited!  I have to call them anyway they charged my card twice.  My wedding planner is going to be Gina.  I just designed my save the dates and ordered them through Vistaprint.  Let the planning begin!

#8077 LindseyM

LindseyM
              • 380 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 07:40 AM

Does anyone know of a place near DRC where we can rent an acoustic guitar?  My father in law will be playing our ceremony but he is a professional musician and doesn't want to check any of his expensive guitars.  Otherwise, he can carry on a smaller electric guitar, but it's not the same sound.  I'm really having a hard time finding somewhere!

#8078 BnH2013

BnH2013
                • 46 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 09:07 AM

I am totally looking to do the same thing! My married friends are sooooo opposed to me buying a gown online, but I really dont want to spend alot of money on my dress! Thats part of the reason I wanted a destination wedding... If I had a wedding here in NY Id totally do it up, and not blink an eye on spend a grand on my dress (ok, maybe I would) .... But this is the beach, and its tropical... I just cant see spending sooo much money it.

Anyone else have any thoughts on this? Has anyone purchased their dress online?

Originally Posted by mrskatieperry 

I'm going to try to order my dress online at one of these inexpensive shops like www.dressale.com and hope it's just perfect!  I figure if it's not I am not losing much money and can probably sell it.

#8079 NJ2012

NJ2012
                  • 73 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 07:20 PM

does anyone still receive daily emails?

for some reason i stopped getting emails that say how many unread posts there are... those were the best.

#8080 WPGBride

WPGBride
                    • 203 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 09:21 PM

I haven't gotten an email in about a week. Its very frustrating with only 2 months left and having these 3-7 day delays in replies. My future mother in law says to just call her and put her on speaker with her and my mother in the room so that we can all hear what is confirmed and what is going on exactly.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users