Photo

Dreams Riviera Cancun - Brides post here (new thread)

• Please log in to reply
12142 replies to this topic

#7211 daizee0808

daizee0808
  • 10 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 01:34 PM

Hi jkhowell,

I'm new to this forum and just saw that your wedding is the day before mine.  There's a chance that we might run into each other.  I have not done anything yet for this wedding except reserving the date.  Hope 4 months is enough time to plan a wedding :-)

Originally Posted by jkhowell 

Opps I meant- you just borrowed all the stuff for the SAND CEREMONY? (left that out in my above question)

#7212 Rick949

Rick949
    • 37 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 02:55 PM

@ tkb08 - Thank You - I designed the logo from some artwork I have seen on photostock - I am a graphic designer so it was easy for me to "borrow" the line art but the fonts, little symbols and layout all came from me.

I paid $2500 for La Luna - Not including the extra cost (approx 80 for their day pass x 2 + $50 x 2 tip - split between the 2 photographers) - I would budget $2800 total

@jkhowell - Thank you too! See answer to La Luna above - the small sand ceremony was provided by Dreams - when we returned to our room at the end of our night the small sand filled vase was on our coffee table with a bottle of champagne. I am assuming they have all the colors you want - just let them know ahead of time.. So no need to bring down your own unless you want a bigger sand ceremony. :)

#7213 Rick949

Rick949
      • 37 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 02:56 PM

I mean I gave each photographer a $50 tip each

#7214 tkb08

tkb08
        • Site Supporter
        • 22 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 03:29 PM

Thanks Rick! I wish I had your graphic design skills :)

#7215 JordannaMarie

JordannaMarie
          • 32 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 08:18 AM

I see that most people are going with outside photographers. The ultimate package includes the resort photographer - does anyone have any reviews on the photographer that is included with the package?

#7216 rachallen18

rachallen18
            • 33 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 08:26 AM

Hi CKNMVS:

Well we were told by Gina that we could not use a DJ other than what they offer.  I guess if you choose to be persistant it may work.  However we looked into edgar cardoso which is one of the 2 resort Djs and we came across one of his associated - DJ Roy (Rodrigo Barcelo) who happens to have Excellent reviews and is very attentive when replying to emails.  So if you cant seem to find a way of working with the DJ of your choice I recommend you email DJ roy @

Hi Rachallen,

Did you get this sorted out? I am trying to get in touch with WC, and am trying to see if the DJ/photographer is a guest if it is then ok to use their services, and I would imgaine since paying for a room for them that outside vendor fee would be removed. Of course still havent heard back.

Just wondering if you had any luck. $600 compared with well over $1500 (when you factor in tax/gratituty) is huge savings!

#7217 GCR2011

GCR2011
              • 37 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 10:18 AM

Hi. There are many previous reviews that Anel is the best, that's who I have doing mine. I can let you know how she is after December 7th :)

Good luck!

Originally Posted by JordannaMarie 

I see that most people are going with outside photographers. The ultimate package includes the resort photographer - does anyone have any reviews on the photographer that is included with the package?

#7218 GCR2011

GCR2011
                • 37 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 12:16 PM

Well I just spoke to GIna who said I can not use an outside DJ.  She said it's there policy right now and each Dreams approves different vendors. I asked her if I need to take my wedding to another resort, she said she would ask her manager again....

#7219 Pinky

Pinky
                  • 134 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 02:07 PM

love the cake!

#7220 Pinky

Pinky
                    • 134 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 02:09 PM

Lindsay I love your flowers!!!  Gorgeous  :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users